shape
carat
color
clarity

Will this diamond be hazy?

Edie

Rough_Rock
Hi,

This looks like a clean SI2 on the video but the cert says that the clarity is based on clouds not shown. Do these clouds not show on the video and is the diamond probably going to be hazy in real life? Unfortunately because of Covid I cant get someone to look at it in RL.
Thanks for any advice.

J SI2 GIA cert.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It very likely has an issue due to the clouds or it would not have received the SI2 grading based on the clouds.
I would skip any stone that is an SI2 based on clouds.

Edie

Rough_Rock
It very likely has an issue due to the clouds or it would not have received the SI2 grading based on the clouds.

Thanks for the advice. It did seem too good to be true!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Agreed. I am very cautious of any SI1/SI2 that has "clarity based on clouds not shown". It is extremely likely to be hazy IRL.

Edie

Rough_Rock
Agreed. I am very cautious of any SI1/SI2 that has "clarity based on clouds not shown". It is extremely likely to be hazy IRL.

Thanks for your help

Edie

Rough_Rock
If you want an SI2 get one with plenty of small black inclusions and it will sparkle more.

Thanks Garry. I think I just have to accept that I need to increase my budget to get SI1 or VS2, as I wouldn't like the thought of lots of black inclusions, even if not visible to naked eye.
It just looked so clean (non hazy) on the video. It does highlight some challenges in buying online, especially at the moment, where it is not possible with some retailers to have someone look at the stone in real life.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
If you want an SI2 get one with plenty of small black inclusions and it will sparkle more.

I don't really get this...do you mean like a "salt and pepper" sparkly look?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results