shape
carat
color
clarity

Will a "J" pear pendant be too yellow?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

A vendor has found me a VG VG pear stone with all my requirements, budget - clarity, ltw, minimal bowtie etc. I am just concerned about the color...should I go smaller and better color. I will be getting it prong set and put into pave ....

Will ''J'''' show a lot of color?

Opinions would be great.

Thanks

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
It probably will show some color. It depends on how color sensitive you are. I am color sensivtive and I did see some color in a g pear.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You may see color particularly in the tip. J pears I have seen do have a visible tint, particularly near the tip. Have you seen any pictures?

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Look for Show me your pears...I think they had a cople of J''s.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 6:24:01 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
Look for Show me your pears...I think they had a cople of J''s.
I just linked the thread somewhere else, so it should be in my clipboard. Let''s see. SMYP linky

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I think pears tend to show their color more than other shapes. My only advice would be if you did go with the j that you do the same with any earrings--I''m really sensitive to neck and ears matching. Does it have any flor? I love a winter white, but not a suntan brown in a diamond--and I''ve seen j''s come both ways. Can you get a picture of it? I go with the crowd that says anything whiter than H is almost too white--I''m fair to med complexion with dark hair. I, J and K tend to look translucent on me--skin tone/suntan like, while H is just perfect. Good luck! Can you get it and see if you like it and return it if you don''t?

Allium

Rough_Rock
What size are you thinking about?

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
sparkles,

I am resetting an old .96 Pear that the color is unknown on. Brian at Whiteflash thought maybe a J, or lower.

I will have it back maybe on Friday, so if they took pics, I will certainly post for you. It is being set in WG, so I''m a little wary.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2007 8:03:35 PM
Author: Ann
sparkles,

I am resetting an old .96 Pear that the color is unknown on. Brian at Whiteflash thought maybe a J, or lower.

I will have it back maybe on Friday, so if they took pics, I will certainly post for you. It is being set in WG, so I''m a little wary.
Oh Good! Congrats on your reset. Can''t wait to see photos. I bet it will be very pretty. What is the setting like? Basket or bezel etc? Nice to show a J pear to sparkles.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkles have you seen the stone? Once you see it you may know if it''s for you. Also maybe the halo stones used could be of lower color so there is less contrast. I would ask about H/I halo stones. It''s the contrast more than the color that would bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results