shape
carat
color
clarity

Wife is mad at me...

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I skimmed over the part earlier that his wife is in Mexico. There’s definitely a bit of a cultural difference of expectations there. Obviously it doesn’t apply to everyone, but I have several Mexican friends, both male and female, and the jealousy is a bit of a stereotype/running joke. One guy I worked with drove across the border to San Diego every day for work, and his wife would call him several times EACH SHIFT to check on him!

BennYoga

Rough_Rock
Hi Queenie60,

I would love for her to move here, however, she is finishing her masters in accounting. I am also working almost every day just so we can buy ourselves a home. She does't have a job right now and I am fine with that. I told her that I would take care of her. That way she can focus on her thesis.

You are right. We do not have a traditional relationship. But it is very special and unique in its own way. We meet two years ago in Mexico City and after vising her multiple times, I finally asked her parents permission to marry her. A few months later, I came back and got married at the court house.

OoohShiny,

She likes wine. That is why I decided to take her to a wine tasting. Definitely not a good idea, haha.

sonnyjane,

I always tell her not to worry about the things I do. And to be honest, I don't find the need to consult with her before I decide to make any plans as most of the things I do are spontaneous and around town. Sometimes I leave work, then to go to class for a few hours. Then by the time I make it home, my friend calls me to invite me to go get wings and beer. She then asks "Why are you going, who else is coming, how long would you be out? I though you were going home and sleep. Etc." I put myself in her shoes but man, she is a piece of work, haha. I even had to skip my friends bachelor party because she did not like the idea of a married man going out for such celebration. She is reserved/conservative. I get it.

I am always honest with her. We talk about the things I don't like and vice versa. She knows these bonds are shackle free.
Thank you all for sharing your opinions. :wavey:Happy holidays and stay warm!

-Benny

BennYoga

Rough_Rock
I skimmed over the part earlier that his wife is in Mexico. There’s definitely a bit of a cultural difference of expectations there. Obviously it doesn’t apply to everyone, but I have several Mexican friends, both male and female, and the jealousy is a bit of a stereotype/running joke. One guy I worked with drove across the border to San Diego every day for work, and his wife would call him several times EACH SHIFT to check on him!

Yup! That's me. Mexican girls are really something, haha. I love running and she even asked me to stop running shirtless because it is not appropriated. I also had to quit Yoga... Bet you can imagine why, haha.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Yup! That's me. Mexican girls are really something, haha. I love running and she even asked me to stop running shirtless because it is not appropriated. I also had to quit Yoga... Bet you can imagine why, haha.

See, that makes me very sad for you! Hopefully when you live together things will get better and not worse... and hopefully you can get her some friends/hobbies so that she doesn't care so much about your every move.

BennYoga

Rough_Rock
See, that makes me very sad for you! Hopefully when you live together things will get better and not worse... and hopefully you can get her some friends/hobbies so that she doesn't care so much about your every move.

Oh yeah! That is the plan. I know that being far away from each other is difficult and I have always tried to understand her. I even changed some of my habits. We both have improved each other in many ways. After all.. Marriage isn't perfect and there is always a solution for everything. :cool2:

I am looking forward to my trip to NOLA. One of my friends has been living there for almost 6 years and knows almost every restaurant in the area. I'll post some pictures for your delight.

-Benny

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results