shape
carat
color
clarity

Why your ring size is the PERFECT size!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
As everyone on PS knows, DSS and upgrading are NOT uncommon! And while I loooove to look at pictures and drool over each upgrades, I thought it''d be nice to have a thread for those who are perfectly content with their diamond size. (Not sure if there is already one, if so, please point me there!)

I''ll start by saying I have a 1.1 carat princess that faces up like a 1.25. It sits in a 3.25 sized ring and is perfect for my size 3 finger. It''s big enough to satisfy my bling-need, but a good size that I am comfortable wearing it EVERYWHERE (as in 24/7 - shower, sleep, yea even the gym). It''s also fitting for my lifestyle, which is very casual and fairly active. Insurance isn''t expensive and I''m not afraid to wear it everywhere I go. The setting is a sturdy trellis setting with no stones to worry about falling out. The size is perfect for me!

Why is your diamond size perfect for you??

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is 1.6 cts. on a 5.5 size finger. I haven''t for one second considered a larger stone. In fact, I think 1.4-1.5 would have been my ideal size, but this stone came along and just met all my required specs so I went for it!
1.gif
No DSS for me!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I love my .75 to bits for the following reasons.

1. For my age and place in life - this ring is HUGE.
2. It''s a D VS2. It''s like looking into water. It''s gorgeous. I would not have gotten that with a bigger stone.
3. DH went in all geeked out to the max and picked it based on the specs and is crazy proud of it - and I love it all the more for that!
4. It''s exactly the size I fell in love with when I was trying on rings.

Might I upgrade in 20 years or so? Possibly. But any time soon? Nope.

Now setting changes every five years or so are another matter entirely.
27.gif
9.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Great thread idea!

I have a 1.35 on a size 5.25 finger. To me, it looks enormous and I''ve had plenty of people ask me if it was two carats. I''ll quote gecko that mine is also pretty huge for my age and place in life. I can''t say that I''d hate to have a larger stone, but I don''t think I ever will. I know I''ll never want to trade in my existing diamond, so no upgrades for me.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm totally content with my 1.40 upgrade. It's pretty big for where I live, and I find it the perfect balance of stone to finger, for me. I can see me changing the setting someday, but not the diamond.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I have a 1.77 and I have to be honest....alone on my fat fingers (sz 7.5) it looked lost BUT with it being in a halo it's perfect! I can tell you I tried on my sisters 3ct round and it was FABULOUS on my finger..fat stone for a fat finger LOL (my sis wears a sz 5...so you could imagine how HUGE it looks)

I would never want to trade up since this ring I have is my dream ring. I love it so much and it was my 10th anniversary gift (given to me a year early
9.gif
).

With that said..if dh ever hit the NY lotto and wanted to buy me something HUGE for my right hand...I won't refuse
31.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right now I have a .85 cushette cut diamond on a size 4 finger. While I love the stone (I really do love it) I''ve become addicted to OMC and Jonathans new/old cushions...and I''ve decided that I MUST have one. That being said...I''ve decided that sometime this year if the $$$ is there...I''m going to upgrade. This will probably be my "life" ring as I''m hoping it will fall in the 1.25-1.5 carat range. I''ve tried on a 2 carat stone...but my dream setting is a Leon Mege 3 stone with side pears...and I think anything larger than 1.5 might look really HUGE on my size 4 fingers.

So, I am happy with the size I have...but I''m totally taking advantage of my upgrade policy because my modified cushion brillant just isnt doing for my heart as those chunky cushions do. The only place I can go is up
20.gif
and the chunky cushions make my heart go pitter patter ever time I see them...esp with the large cutlets!
30.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 9:40:49 AM
Author: atroop711
I have a 1.77 and I have to be honest....alone on my fat fingers (sz 7.5) it looked lost BUT with it being in a halo it''s perfect! I can tell you I tried on my sisters 3ct round and it was FABULOUS on my finger..fat stone for a fat finger LOL (my sis wears a sz 5...so you could imagine how HUGE it looks)

I would never want to trade up since this ring I have is my dream ring. I love it so much and it was my 10th anniversary gift (given to me a year early
9.gif
).

With that said..if dh ever hit the NY lotto and wanted to buy me something HUGE for my right hand...I won''t refuse
31.gif
My sentiments exactly! My diamond is the same size, and now that it''s in a halo..it covers ALOT of finger!! I can''t imagine anything bigger..some people are already calling me "Elizabeth Taylor"!
31.gif
. I won''t be in the market for a larger diamond, or different setting..EVER!!

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 1:26:31 AM
Author: Kelli
Great thread idea!

I have a 1.35 on a size 5.25 finger. To me, it looks enormous and I''ve had plenty of people ask me if it was two carats. I''ll quote gecko that mine is also pretty huge for my age and place in life. I can''t say that I''d hate to have a larger stone, but I don''t think I ever will. I know I''ll never want to trade in my existing diamond, so no upgrades for me.

kelli your ring is amazing and looks ginormous on your fingers! especially after you had the diamond recut, WOW!!!!!!! it''s one of my absolute favorites here.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 7:34:29 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Mine is 1.6 cts. on a 5.5 size finger. I haven''t for one second considered a larger stone. In fact, I think 1.4-1.5 would have been my ideal size, but this stone came along and just met all my required specs so I went for it!
1.gif
No DSS for me!

wow! well larger than you ideal size never hurts and looking from your avatar, that sure is good finger coverage!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:43:19 AM
Author: beau13
[ . . . ] I won''t be in the market for a larger diamond, or different setting..EVER!!
Beau--if I had your ring, neither would I! That beauty is a showstopper! It''s the perfect combination of bling and elegance, but I''ve already told you that in your other thread, huh?
1.gif
It is the definition of droolworthy, darling. *swoon*

Anyway . . .

My ring is the perfect size because it''s MINE! Seriously, though, DH and I went shopping with a face-up size in mind, not a carat weight, because I''m a converterted sapphire gal and when we were looking at sapphires we couldn''t rely on carat weight.

I love my ring. I love the way it plays with the sun, and looks different in different lights, and reminds me of the moment my DH got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 9:34:06 PM
Author: geckodani
I love my .75 to bits for the following reasons.

1. For my age and place in life - this ring is HUGE.

2. It''s a D VS2. It''s like looking into water. It''s gorgeous. I would not have gotten that with a bigger stone.

3. DH went in all geeked out to the max and picked it based on the specs and is crazy proud of it - and I love it all the more for that!

4. It''s exactly the size I fell in love with when I was trying on rings.

Might I upgrade in 20 years or so? Possibly. But any time soon? Nope.

Now setting changes every five years or so are another matter entirely.
27.gif
9.gif

gecko, I totally hear you! FI went diamond shopping with his family, so they are ALL extremely proud of the diamond they picked! I''m sure if they ever found out I was trading it in they''d have a heart attack. Plus I know how much fun they had and what a special family time they shared looking for my diamond, so it''s that much more special.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE mine and will never trade it! I am also one of the crazy people who never ever takes it off, even when cleaning. FI went to such lengths to pick it out and find the perfect stone for me, that I would never ever think of wearing anything else. I have a 2.35 carat RB solitaire and am a size 6.5. I love it so much that for my wedding band I am just getting a plain platinum band to wear with it since I don''t want anything to take away from it.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:51:24 AM
Author: Haven

Date: 3/26/2009 10:43:19 AM
Author: beau13
[ . . . ] I won''t be in the market for a larger diamond, or different setting..EVER!!
Beau--if I had your ring, neither would I! That beauty is a showstopper! It''s the perfect combination of bling and elegance, but I''ve already told you that in your other thread, huh?
1.gif
It is the definition of droolworthy, darling. *swoon*

Anyway . . .

My ring is the perfect size because it''s MINE! Seriously, though, DH and I went shopping with a face-up size in mind, not a carat weight, because I''m a converterted sapphire gal and when we were looking at sapphires we couldn''t rely on carat weight.

I love my ring. I love the way it plays with the sun, and looks different in different lights, and reminds me of the moment my DH got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.
Thanks Haven...I like your honesty and sense of style!
1.gif

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
I love my 1 carat Marquise. It took me 2 other Marquises to get to this one, and I''m all good for the next several years
2.gif

Kat

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I love mine it is the perfect size for me - could have gone bigger within the budget but decided not to and stick with this one.

It is 1.37cts on a size 6.25 finger - the size is wearable but still significant to have presence :), and for where I live it is fairly big :).

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I have a .75

It''s a perfect size for me because it''s the one that my FI proposed to me with.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love the size of my stone! It's a 1.67ct, but it's spready and looks almost 2ct (it's very shallow, but an OEC and still gorgeous, so I'll take the extra spread!). I have a 5.5 finger and I think it looks perfect. People ask me all the time if it's 3ct+ even. I don't even know if I'd be comfortable with a much bigger diamond on my finger and would probably turn it in to a necklace or something instead. I'm more interested in getting new pieces to add to my collection than upgrading my stone size.

ETA: For my age and place in life my stone is great. I live in CT where women have huge rocks and mine fits in well. It's not as big as many of them, but it can hold its own. When I travel to more rural areas I get the "that must be 3ct" comments a lot, so for those places it's actually a bit over the top and can make me a little self conscious. The comments are always very kind, but I just don't like to draw attention to myself.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I love the size of my stone. It''s a 1.54 ct cushion, but it''s spready like a 1.7/8-ish stone (without any loss of light performance). It''s perfect for my 6.5 size fingers.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wear 1.46 on my 5.5 finger, and I''m really happy with it: it looks big but not ostentatious when I teach, and modest but not meager when I''m operating in my husband''s business settings. Plus, I think it looks perfect on my hand, proportionally speaking!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I love my ring
30.gif

I''m a 6 - 6.25, so my 1.75 is nestled perfectly on my finger. I hadn''t really tried on many rings before I got engaged so I wasn''t sure what to expect in a size. But my diamond is so much more than I could have ever hoped for. And the fact that he picked it out all by himself, just makes me treaure it all the more.

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
My stone seems perfect to me right now for where I am in life. It''s a 3.03 RB H&A in a Jack Kelege halo mounting. The new mounting made quite a difference for me size wise over my original Vatche Royal Crown. I''m very active and am a busy stay at home mom so it doesn''t get in the way for me. I wear it everyday and it doesn''t get too much attention where I live. Once I''m out of the changing diapers phase of my life I might consider something bigger but like I said I''m perfectly happy with it for now!
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is 1.23ct and I think that it looks perfect on my finger. I just love how it looks.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
My .71 is perfect for me because it's what my hubby proposed to me with. When we were shopping for stones he could've gone higher in carat weight but would have to compromise cut, color and clarity to do so. I really wanted the bigger stone and threw all my PS education at him regarding manipulating lower color/higher clarity/floro, etc.

Instead he insisted that he get me the best cut, color, clarity and then carat size that he could afford. In his own words: "Over the years, you haven't compromised on the many important values that when all added up, make you who you are to me. You've given me your best in every single way possible. Sometimes that meant making some sacrifices on your part to do so. I want to give you what I feel is my best in as many ways possible too. This ring, though material, is not an exception."

***And that's when I broke down in tears and resolved that whatever he got me would be ABSOLUTELY perfect!

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
I have big fingers. I wear a 2.11ct three stone. I wear a size 8.5 and I think a larger center stone would look more proportionate to my hands and fingers.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have an engagement ring yet, but I just wanted to say that I really like this thread.
1.gif

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
I''m so happy to see all the responses!! I think it''s important to take time and remember the meaning behind our rings and to fall in love with them all over again!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine sits up a little high (not too high, just right) which I think makes it more noticable and seems to make it look larger, and it has a halo. My diamond is 5.87 x 5.86 and an asscher so it''s not large, but I think at my age, with my lifestyle, and my social circle anything larger would get me attention I wouldn''t want on a daily basis. And I adore my diamond because my FI picked it out through a TON of effort and care (before PS) and it''s truly beautiful.

If I have the desire later on for something with a larger center and can afford it, I will probably just get a lovely RHR. But my engagement set is here to stay.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I have a 2 ct solitaire, and I love the size for my size 5 finger, I get compliments on it. It''s big without looking over-the-top. Not to say that if my DH wanted to upgrade me to an over-the-top 3 ct in 20 years I''d turn him down - after all, I''m 5''9", so I''m tall enough to pull it off
emsmilep.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought about not posting in this thread, but I''m really pleased with my ring at the moment.

It''s a .47 for a 7.25 finger. With the tapered baguettes, it covers most of my finger so that looks nice. It''s not a "big" stone and never will be, but I can travel with it without attracting much attention or feeling uncomfortable. It was nice to wear it to Croatia without feeling out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results