shape
carat
color
clarity

why so sensitive? a few of you said...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
this is all I need!

greey    gooooosseee.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see you like the expensive stuff. You so deserve it for all that you do. Actually I am going to start a thread for you woman. You do a lot for PS. You can have a double on me.... Just don''t drive.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nan, yes, you do an awesome job on SMTR thread!!!

Yum to the drinkie poos!
emcocktl.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:58:03 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 2/7/2009 8:52:38 PM
Author: sevens one

Date: 2/7/2009 8:36:43 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 2/7/2009 8:30:51 PM

Date: 2/7/2009 8:25:44 PM
Disclaimer: I am half a bottle through a Marques de caceres, and I''m cooking a beef stew with another bottle of it - perhaps I''ve had a bit too much to drink to be posting on PS, but here it is.
3.gif

I have to laugh when people get so frustrated with PS that they announce that they''re leaving, and then lurk threads and continue to post. OK, you''re angry at a few posters/some situation/something totally unrelated to PS that has happened, just take a break and stop posting! It infuriates you, so stop doing that which makes you miserable. Seems like common sense to me.

I''m a member of a 98% male forum - misogynistic attitudes, rampant cursing and personal attacks galore. Even to the point of tracking down a user because of something they posted - emailing their places of employment in an attempt to get them fired. For those who think PS is rough, join a car forum and try posting your opinion. It''ll give you a bit of perspective as to how fun and kind PS is on the whole.
3.gif

As for me, I''ve never been a member of a forum quite as supportive and just plain nice as PS. Take all of the anomosity with a grain of salt. This stuff is child''s play compared to what I''ve seen lobbed on other forums.
2.gif
I agree and pass the bottle
14.gif
Passing it along, dear!
31.gif
You''re too kind....... this thread needs a bartender!!! Hey Kaleigh! ha ha ha ha
(hey I wouldn''t mind some of that beef stew too!)
Sure will be happy to. That beef stew sounds delish!!!
18.gif

DF one Remy Martin for you!!!
If you serve up the martinis and cosmos, I''ll serve up the wine and beef stew!
2.gif

I should post the recipe in here. It''s an awesome Jamie Oliver recipe that I tweaked a bit, and it turned out amazing!!!!
18.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d love to see the recipe, I adore beef stew...

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 10:05:11 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I''d love to see the recipe, I adore beef stew...
Writing it up right now . . . I''ll post it in just a minute!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, here you go! Serve this with some Root Vegetable mash, and it''s a perfect combination of flavours!

Melt In Your Mouth Beef Stew.

Ingredients:
olive oil
2 small sweet yellow onions, peeled and roughly chopped
3 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
3 sticks of celery, trimmed and roughly chopped
8 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
a few sprigs of fresh thyme
2 bay leaves
A small handful of crimini and baby bella mushrooms
1 cinnamon stick
1.5 lb. chuck, cut into 1.5" chunks
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon flour
2 cans good-quality diced plum tomatoes
1cups.5 of a good quality dry red wine
1 cup beef stock
Preheat your oven to 350ºF.

In a heavy-bottomed ovenproof saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and gently fry the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, herbs, mushrooms and cinnamon for 5 minutes until softened slightly.

Meanwhile, toss the pieces of beef in a little seasoned flour, shaking off any excess.

Add the meat to the pan and stir everything together, then add the tomatoes, wine and a pinch of salt and pepper.

Gently bring to the boil, cover with a double-thickness piece of tinfoil and a lid and place in your preheated oven for 3 hours or until the beef is meltingly tender and can be broken up with a spoon.

Taste and check the seasoning, remove the cinnamon stick and rosemary sprigs and serve.

Root Vegetable Mash with Orange Zest

Ingredients:
1 large sweet potato, or 2 medium into potatoes, chopped into 1.5" cubes
4 or 5 medium carrots, 1" chop
3 tbsp butter
1/3 cup heavy cream
Pinch cinnamon
1 tsp orange zest
Freshly ground sea salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot, bring enough salted water to cover the potatoes and carrots to a boil.

When the water is boiling, add the potatoes and carrots, boiling until fork tender, about 10 - 15 minutes.

Drain the potatoes and carrots when they are done. Add butter and cream, a little at a time, and mash the vegetables to a slightly creamy, yet still slightly chunky consistency. Add the pinch of cinnamon and the orange zest. Salt and pepper to taste.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LTP, I'm making that recipe tomorrow!!!
18.gif
One question, what is criminy?

ETA, nvm, a baby portabello mushroom? Don't know where to find that locally, but will find something suitable.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 9:06:17 PM
this is all I need!

Mmm you''re makin'' me thirsty!!
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 10:35:14 PM

Kaleigh, here you go! Serve this with some Root Vegetable mash, and it''s a perfect combination of flavours!

Melt In Your Mouth Beef Stew.

Ingredients:

olive oil
2 small sweet yellow onions, peeled and roughly chopped
3 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
3 sticks of celery, trimmed and roughly chopped
8 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
a few sprigs of fresh thyme
2 bay leaves
A small handful of crimini and baby bella mushrooms
1 cinnamon stick
1.5 lb. chuck, cut into 1.5'' chunks
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon flour
2 cans good-quality diced plum tomatoes
1cups.5 of a good quality dry red wine
1 cup beef stock
Preheat your oven to 350ºF.

In a heavy-bottomed ovenproof saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and gently fry the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, herbs, mushrooms and cinnamon for 5 minutes until softened slightly.

Meanwhile, toss the pieces of beef in a little seasoned flour, shaking off any excess.

Add the meat to the pan and stir everything together, then add the tomatoes, wine and a pinch of salt and pepper.

Gently bring to the boil, cover with a double-thickness piece of tinfoil and a lid and place in your preheated oven for 3 hours or until the beef is meltingly tender and can be broken up with a spoon.

Taste and check the seasoning, remove the cinnamon stick and rosemary sprigs and serve.

Root Vegetable Mash with Orange Zest

Ingredients:

1 large sweet potato, or 2 medium into potatoes, chopped into 1.5'' cubes
4 or 5 medium carrots, 1'' chop
3 tbsp butter
1/3 cup heavy cream
Pinch cinnamon
1 tsp orange zest
Freshly ground sea salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot, bring enough salted water to cover the potatoes and carrots to a boil.

When the water is boiling, add the potatoes and carrots, boiling until fork tender, about 10 - 15 minutes.

Drain the potatoes and carrots when they are done. Add butter and cream, a little at a time, and mash the vegetables to a slightly creamy, yet still slightly chunky consistency. Add the pinch of cinnamon and the orange zest. Salt and pepper to taste.

Thank you, am making this tomorrow!!! YUMM!!!!
18.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here is my opinion...

I think people get so-called sensitive on this site, because often times attacks are surprising...and what is said is often times just plain hurtful. Regardless of weither you''re reading an insult or hearing one...hurt hurts.

Most people who have thousands of posts actually do commit a decent amount of time on this time on this site...and ergo, build bonds with people over different topics or issues. Sometimes I expose things on this site I couldn''t pose anywhere else...I put a lot of trust into this site, and it''s members. So, when someone you *like* or *respect* snaps off on you simply because you disagree on one topic, one time...that a bitter pill to swallow.

I hope Beau and Mrs Mitchell come back soon...

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 12:46:16 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Okay, here is my opinion...

I think people get so-called sensitive on this site, because often times attacks are surprising...and what is said is often times just plain hurtful. Regardless of weither you''re reading an insult or hearing one...hurt hurts.

Most people who have thousands of posts actually do commit a decent amount of time on this time on this site...and ergo, build bonds with people over different topics or issues. Sometimes I expose things on this site I couldn''t pose anywhere else...I put a lot of trust into this site, and it''s members. So, when someone you *like* or *respect* snaps off on you simply because you disagree on one topic, one time...that a bitter pill to swallow.

I have to admit, this rings true pretty good.

It''s especially hurtful when the person biting your head off agrees with someone you REALLY don''t get along with and have tried to avoid from the beginning. Won''t lie, it''s happened to me - it''s how I ended up here.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Disclaimer: I am half a bottle through a Marques de caceres, and I''m cooking a beef stew with another bottle of it - perhaps I''ve had a bit too much to drink to be posting on PS, but here it is.
3.gif

I have to laugh when people get so frustrated with PS that they announce that they''re leaving, and then lurk threads and continue to post. OK, you''re angry at a few posters/some situation/something totally unrelated to PS that has happened, just take a break and stop posting! It infuriates you, so stop doing that which makes you miserable. Seems like common sense to me.

I''m a member of a 98% male forum - misogynistic attitudes, rampant cursing and personal attacks galore. Even to the point of tracking down a user because of something they posted - emailing their places of employment in an attempt to get them fired. For those who think PS is rough, join a car forum and try posting your opinion. It''ll give you a bit of perspective as to how fun and kind PS is on the whole.
3.gif

As for me, I''ve never been a member of a forum quite as supportive and just plain nice as PS. Take all of the anomosity with a grain of salt. This stuff is child''s play compared to what I''ve seen lobbed on other forums.
2.gif
No kidding. I cut my "online teeth" on a car forum. It makes this place feel like Disneyland.
lol.gif
It was still fun though.
9.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 9:28:04 AM
Author: Ellen

3.gif

3.gif

2.gif
No kidding. I cut my ''online teeth'' on a car forum. It makes this place feel like Disneyland.
lol.gif
It was still fun though.
9.gif
Me too! I''ve been dude, hey man, if you was my girlfriend--and those were the good comments! I still have the car and go back to visit the forum from time to time
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 10:43:37 PM
Author: lyra
LTP, I'm making that recipe tomorrow!!!
18.gif
One question, what is criminy?

ETA, nvm, a baby portabello mushroom? Don't know where to find that locally, but will find something suitable.
Just go with any mushroom you like, just not white mushrooms.
2.gif
Jamie Oliver wouldn't approve of white cap mushrooms.

Criminis are a species of mushroom, and you should usually be able to find them near your fresh herbs in your grocery store!

I hope you like it! It was delicious, and my husband and I are having the leftovers today!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
YUM Lauren!! That sounds fabulous!

Good seeing you on Friday!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Darn it....I missed happy hour!!! And now the bar is closed. Sigh....

In any case, I appreciate what Lauren said about other message boards and PS being tame in comparison. I have lurked on a particular car website and wow...there and PS are like night and day. Perhaps it''s all the testosterone in the room!!! I am also a member of another forum that can be downright brutal at times and sometimes for no apparent reason. So much so that people are automatically on the defensive even when the appear to be posting something seemingly innocuos. I have seen so many personal attacks and cyber stalking at that site that I rarely post there anymore. So PS is nothing compared to other web forums. I have been around PS for a number of years and yeah, there are a few times when someone gets irritated enough to *leave,* but I believe those instances are more the exception than the norm. Which should be a big feather in PS''s cap!

I don''t know if this has been said already, but sometimes I think certain posting styles are invitations to get flack. If you come in swinging a big stick then you should expect to receive it right back at you. And then to make a big show of *leaving* after you swing your big stick and incite strong responses is kind of bizarre to me.

What I do find regrettable is that some have felt slighted even when they haven''t posted something controversial, but I guess like Karl and others have said...that is the nature of the beast. It''s not right of course, people should be diplomatic and respectful to others. However the anonymity of the Internet does strange things to people.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 11:31:36 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
YUM Lauren!! That sounds fabulous!

Good seeing you on Friday!

30.gif
30.gif

You too! We need to do this again next month!
2.gif

How did your brats turn out? I used my draining ladle last night and sure enough, thought of you!
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know I am late to this thread but I haven''t been posting lately. I think its better to take a short break if you feel things are getting a bit much. Announcing you are leaving then hanging around just makes people think you are attention seeking. I doubt I would leave PS for good but there is nothing wrong with taking a step back and having a little time away.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY Maisie
35.gif
, I have missed you my dear sweet friend.

Love, Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 2:23:06 PM
Author: Linda W
YAY Maisie
35.gif
, I have missed you my dear sweet friend.

Love, Linda
Ditto
emlove.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 2:17:27 PM
Author: Maisie
I know I am late to this thread but I haven''t been posting lately. I think its better to take a short break if you feel things are getting a bit much. Announcing you are leaving then hanging around just makes people think you are attention seeking. I doubt I would leave PS for good but there is nothing wrong with taking a step back and having a little time away.
35.gif

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Also late to the thread, but...

This is one of the nicest, gentlest, most supportive forums I''ve ever seen. That''s also why I don''t post much (and almost never in Hangout). Personally and professionally I''m used to a much more rough-and-tumble atmosphere, and it feels kind of like walking through a minefield of sensitivity on these boards sometimes. I''m kind of boggled that anyone could be offended by anything I''ve seen here, but the fact that I''m boggled is a pretty good hint that I should post rarely and only after long consideration.

All of which is a roundabout way of saying: I love this forum as a lurker; it is so not for me as a poster.
2.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Maisie

I also haven''t really posted since December. It''s ironic that this thread is about people who throw their rattle out of the pram etc., etc.

I also think PS is a wonderfully supportive forum with very little bullying (check out Anna Nicole Smith forums and truly witness internet agression. PS is a walk in the park by comparison).

The reason I haven''t posted is exactly the opposite. People are so empathetic here. I do feel it''s as important to post encouragement and support to others over their topics and treasures every bit as much as it is about posting one''s own goodies and projects and I haven''t had the emotional reserves to be able to do that for a while, so I''ve just lurked quietly in the background.

It is truly amazing to me, both the bonds people form here as well as the degrees of spite some topics can elicit. I''m amazed how grief stricken I have become to some of the tragedies others have experienced and write about.

PS truly brings out the best in people''s characters way more than the reverse.

Gosh, it''s taken me nearly an hour to write this, I gotta to back to lurking for a bit!!

Much respect to you all.

Gailey

Long live PS and all of the goodwill this site generates!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results