shape
carat
color
clarity

why so sensitive? a few of you said...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 6:45:46 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 2/6/2009 6:25:05 PM
Author: EBree
I hope both jas and Mrs Mitchell return soon. If you''re reading, ladies, we miss you!

Date: 2/6/2009 6:01:58 PM
Author: musey

I saw the DBL thread but not the one in hangout... I thought it was strange that beau seemingly ''left'' over the Jazz thread, but it sounds like there was something else happening that I missed.
shrug1.gif

Oh, there was...
How did I miss that! It must have been deleted, now I want to see... man I am nosey
38.gif

I think it was the thread about surfing PS while at work, no? Didn''t see the end of it, so I could be wrong.

I do hope that Jas and Mrs.Mitchell come back as well. I noticed that StarSapphire hasn''t posted either since her little freak out, and I''d really like HER to come back too. And Indygal. And others.

But I agree with others that it''s annoying when it''s obviously an attention seeking post, which is why I typically ignore those types. In the situation with Jas, I knew she was being sincere so I did respond.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 12:54:31 PM
Author: Burk
Date: 2/6/2009 12:39:33 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Date: 2/6/2009 11:56:32 AM
Author: TravelingGal

Jas hasn''t posted since her post on ATW. I hope Jas and Mrs. Mitchell come back - they are always so sweet and funny and of course I would miss their adorable ones. (There''s room for more than one Amelia on PS, MrsM!)
I miss them too!
Me too!!
Me too!

I feel that if you want to take a PS break, do so without making a big scene.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 11:07:28 AM
Author: risingsun
Since I having been spending more time in ATW, I''ve considered ordering a suit of armor. The gloves are off over there and you need to have--or purchase--a thick skin
6.gif
There are some posters, IMO, who use ''honesty''as an excuse to be a bully. I can understand that feelings get hurt. Most people on PS are lovely and kind. It''s the few mean-spirited folks who could dial it back a few notches and stop making excuses for their behavior
14.gif
yeah, like those liberals posting on ATW forum.
paddle.gif
rotflmao2.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 6:56:30 PM
Author: luckystar112
I saw the DBL thread but not the one in hangout... I thought it was strange that beau seemingly ''left'' over the Jazz thread, but it sounds like there was something else happening that I missed.
shrug1.gif
Oh, there was...
How did I miss that! It must have been deleted, now I want to see... man I am nosey
38.gif
I think it was the thread about surfing PS while at work, no? Didn''t see the end of it, so I could be wrong.
Ohhh I see... I actually did post in that one, but it was toward the beginning and I never looked at it after that.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 7:22:46 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
paddle.gif
rotflmao2.gif

Oh, it''s both. I definitely think people should consider if they are part of the problem before complaining though.

3.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hope both jas and Mrs Mitchell return soon. If you''re reading, ladies, we miss you!

shrug1.gif

Oh, there was...
38.gif

what happen to that thread? why it disappeared?
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 7:43:16 PM

shrug1.gif

Oh, there was...
38.gif

31.gif
That thread was a doozy.... I am glad it got deleted.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Pricescope is definitely not for the faint of hearts. You need to be able to hold you own and you also cannot take things personally. I think differences in opinion can enhance a thread and even educate readers on different points of view. Most of the time, they are just down-right entertaining. It''s okay to disagree, as long as it''s done in a respectful way.

You have posters who are too sensitive. They get offended if you don''t share their views. You have posters that would rather drag a thread on and semi-stalk another poster before they will admit that they are wrong or call a truce (agree to disagree). They just HAVE to be right at all times and at all costs. I personally don''t have the time or energy to semi-stalk a thread just to win a debate with another poster. I will simply agree to disagree or just not come back to that thread at all.

Either way, it would take more than an insensitive comment to drive me away from Pricescope. There''s waaaaaay too much eye-candy here to drool on!
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 7:57:03 PM
Author: Kaleigh

31.gif
i miss all the drama before it got deleted
39.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 8:26:22 PM

Date: 2/6/2009 7:57:03 PM
Author: Kaleigh

31.gif
i miss all the drama before it got deleted
39.gif
Happens to me all the time. Hey remember when everyone was talking real whipped cream? I was away when that went down. I came back from Vacay, and felt like I was from Mars... Hehe.
3.gif
Was that when Pie started being offered?

DF, that should be your question for tomorrow. PS fun facts, who served drinks, wink wink. Who offered pie, who wanted real whipped cream... And why...
3.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

shrug1.gif

Oh, there was...
38.gif
Yes, deleted and for good reason.
All I will say on the topic is, if you want to insult nearly everyone on the board - don''t expect thankyou''s in return.
20.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 11:56:32 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Jas hasn''t posted since her post on ATW. I hope Jas and Mrs. Mitchell come back - they are always so sweet and funny and of course I would miss their adorable ones. (There''s room for more than one Amelia on PS, MrsM!)

Although I can say, I personally don''t care for ''Well, I don''t need this, F. U., and I''m leaving!'' Which is not to be confused with a more ''quiet'' exit of ''Maybe PS is not the place for me right now and I think a break would be best.''

But if people want to leave, why even make a fuss. Just quietly give yourself a break. What''s even funnier is when people threaten to leave, then keep lurking because we all know PS is addicting, and then make more posts saying, ''Well, I am going to say this one last thing!'' Geez, leave or stay, make up your mind already.

Some people, when they say they want to leave, I say fine, good riddance. Don''t let the door slam you in the a** on the way out.

LMAO- does any adult in real life say "I am so mad at you I am never talking to again"??? It reminds me or a little child saying " I HATE YOU!" ***sobbing*** and then ten minutes later smoosin'' back around with their lip out.
38.gif

I agree, if the site makes you miserable then bow out without saying a word- if you''re like me you have a few PS connections that can vouch for your well being
12.gif

I am sensitive, that''s my right- but I am intelligent enough to realize the SO much is lost in translation thru texting, email etc etc.
37.gif

Love y''all
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Part of me is sad ... and part of me is dancing a friggin'' jig *leap + heel click*.
12.gif
Also shamefully curious about the drama I apparently missed.
3.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 12:46:25 AM
Author: decodelighted
Part of me is sad ... and part of me is dancing a friggin'' jig *leap + heel click*.
12.gif
3.gif
Deco- have you been drinkin'' again?
11.gif
9.gif
lol, good to see ya friend. I actually thought about you today when I was diamond perusing with Laurenthepartier....they had some Simon G pieces with rose gold- which I automatically relate to you dear.

Hope you are doing well.
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 12:54:17 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
12.gif
3.gif
Deco- have you been drinkin'' again?
11.gif
9.gif
lol, good to see ya friend. I actually thought about you today when I was diamond perusing with Laurenthepartier....they had some Simon G pieces with rose gold- which I automatically relate to you dear. Hope you are doing well.
2.gif
LOL. *glug glug glug
18.gif
ahhhhhh* Missed ya, Lady! Happy PS anny & ditto on the wellness wishes front!
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
12.gif
3.gif
Missed drama. . .

there always will be more around the corner
3.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, you have a blingy collection that would make the Queen jealous, AND the most adorable pup! I'm jealous of all your jewels!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2009 12:34:01 AM
Author: arjunajane

All I will say on the topic is, if you want to insult nearly everyone on the board - don't expect thankyou's in return.
20.gif
hey i'm innocent...who was the perpetrator?
31.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 2:00:52 AM

Date: 2/7/2009 12:34:01 AM
Author: arjunajane

All I will say on the topic is, if you want to insult nearly everyone on the board - don't expect thankyou's in return.
20.gif
hey i'm innocent...who was the perpetrator?
31.gif
DF, don't be cheeky, you know..I was replying to the posters asking which thread caused Beau13 to want to leave.
(it was, btw, the "internet while at work" thread).

TGal, I am completely with you on the door comment, lol..and the still lurking and occasionally posting a jibe thing...Do Not Get It. !
33.gif

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Per the policies, do not discuss moderator actions (deleting threads etc.) and stay on topic.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The real answer is it is the nature of the beast in my almost 15 years on internet social groups I have seen it thousands of times.
More often than not the person is unhappy in the social group and looking for a reason to leave and then one comes along.
Another case is people who just like to cause drama.
People who leave because they are upset over one small thing are very rare and there is more to the story either on the net or in life outside the net that is the real driving force.
When there is something bad going on in the real world and the more stress people in general are under the worse it gets.
With everything that is going on today it will be happening more and more.
It is the nature of the beast called the internet.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Since I having been spending more time in ATW, I've considered ordering a suit of armor. The gloves are off over there and you need to have--or purchase--a thick skin
6.gif
There are some posters, IMO, who use 'honesty'as an excuse to be a bully. I can understand that feelings get hurt. Most people on PS are lovely and kind. It's the few mean-spirited folks who could dial it back a few notches and stop making excuses for their behavior
14.gif
paddle.gif
rotflmao2.gif
DF~I am an equal opportunity kvetch
9.gif
Libs, conservatives, and maybe even moi'
6.gif
<----that is for Luckystar
3.gif
Although, I do think I am a model of restrained behavior on ATW
17.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock

Since I having been spending more time in ATW, I've considered ordering a suit of armor. The gloves are off over there and you need to have--or purchase--a thick skin
6.gif
There are some posters, IMO, who use 'honesty'as an excuse to be a bully. I can understand that feelings get hurt. Most people on PS are lovely and kind. It's the few mean-spirited folks who could dial it back a few notches and stop making excuses for their behavior
14.gif
paddle.gif
rotflmao2.gif

Uh huh.
25.gif
2.gif

I'm fine with the heated discussions, because I try to keep in mind that at the end of the day, we still have plenty in common (our love of sparkly things, for one). For some people, stepping away from certain boards for a while is probably a good idea, and silently is usually the more elegant way. I myself have taken plenty of heat in the AtW kitchen, and re-visiting other e-hangouts for a few days has always been helpful.

(Sorry to leave a lot of you hanging with my previous message. I think I'd get into trouble if I said any more. I will say one thing, though: It was not an isolated incident.)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 12:44:36 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone

LMAO- does any adult in real life say 'I am so mad at you I am never talking to again'??? It reminds me or a little child saying ' I HATE YOU!' ***sobbing*** and then ten minutes later smoosin' back around with their lip out.
38.gif
Iwannaprettyone, the point of the internet, for some, is to make comments that would not be made in real life, so that is where the heated debates often stem from and lead to the dramatic, "I'm never talking to you again." I bet about 75% of conversation that is conducted online would be entirely different if the same people were sitting down to lunch together, so it's difficult to compare the two.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Disclaimer: I am half a bottle through a Marques de caceres, and I''m cooking a beef stew with another bottle of it - perhaps I''ve had a bit too much to drink to be posting on PS, but here it is.
3.gif

I have to laugh when people get so frustrated with PS that they announce that they''re leaving, and then lurk threads and continue to post. OK, you''re angry at a few posters/some situation/something totally unrelated to PS that has happened, just take a break and stop posting! It infuriates you, so stop doing that which makes you miserable. Seems like common sense to me.

I''m a member of a 98% male forum - misogynistic attitudes, rampant cursing and personal attacks galore. Even to the point of tracking down a user because of something they posted - emailing their places of employment in an attempt to get them fired. For those who think PS is rough, join a car forum and try posting your opinion. It''ll give you a bit of perspective as to how fun and kind PS is on the whole.
3.gif

As for me, I''ve never been a member of a forum quite as supportive and just plain nice as PS. Take all of the anomosity with a grain of salt. This stuff is child''s play compared to what I''ve seen lobbed on other forums.
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:25:44 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Disclaimer: I am half a bottle through a Marques de caceres, and I''m cooking a beef stew with another bottle of it - perhaps I''ve had a bit too much to drink to be posting on PS, but here it is.
3.gif

I have to laugh when people get so frustrated with PS that they announce that they''re leaving, and then lurk threads and continue to post. OK, you''re angry at a few posters/some situation/something totally unrelated to PS that has happened, just take a break and stop posting! It infuriates you, so stop doing that which makes you miserable. Seems like common sense to me.

I''m a member of a 98% male forum - misogynistic attitudes, rampant cursing and personal attacks galore. Even to the point of tracking down a user because of something they posted - emailing their places of employment in an attempt to get them fired. For those who think PS is rough, join a car forum and try posting your opinion. It''ll give you a bit of perspective as to how fun and kind PS is on the whole.
3.gif

As for me, I''ve never been a member of a forum quite as supportive and just plain nice as PS. Take all of the anomosity with a grain of salt. This stuff is child''s play compared to what I''ve seen lobbed on other forums.
2.gif
I agree and pass the bottle
14.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:30:51 PM
Author: sevens one

3.gif

3.gif

2.gif
14.gif
Passing it along, dear!
31.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:36:43 PM

3.gif

3.gif

2.gif
14.gif
Passing it along, dear!
31.gif
You''re too kind....... this thread needs a bartender!!! Hey Kaleigh! ha ha ha ha
(hey I wouldn''t mind some of that beef stew too!)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:52:38 PM

Date: 2/7/2009 8:36:43 PM

3.gif

3.gif

2.gif
14.gif
Passing it along, dear!
31.gif
You''re too kind....... this thread needs a bartender!!! Hey Kaleigh! ha ha ha ha
(hey I wouldn''t mind some of that beef stew too!)
Sure will be happy to. That beef stew sounds delish!!!
18.gif

DF one Remy Martin for you!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dinner time!! at Morton''s.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results