shape
carat
color
clarity

why so sensitive? a few of you said...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
other member's post had hurt your feelings thus you will stop posting on PS. why let people on a internet forum bother you?
Idunno1.gif
i got beaten up many times here
Dedicated_to_Ayesha_by_lovexmetal.gif
but kept on fighting
boxinggy2.gif
16.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
What did I miss?!
33.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 4:20:12 AM
Author: AdiS
What did I miss?!
33.gif

That''s what I was thinking!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There''s been some hurt feelings for Mrs. Mitchell on the DBL thread on RT and also Beau in the Hangout so they are taking a brief haitus from posting.

DF, ladies are different than men. Men don''t seem to take things as personally as women. They are able to shrug comments off but it stews and festers with women.
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 8:12:55 AM
Author: Chrono
There''s been some hurt feelings for Mrs. Mitchell on the DBL thread on RT and also Beau in the Hangout so they are taking a brief haitus from posting.

DF, ladies are different than men. Men don''t seem to take things as personally as women. They are able to shrug comments off but it stews and festers with women.
9.gif

Thanks for filling me in Chrono! I hope that they won''t be gone too long.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock

Ah, I see. Sorry to hear about Mrs Mitchell. I enjoy her posts, always kind and considerate.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
DF,
Even though it is just an internet and we may never meet these people in real life, it doesn''t make mean comments any easier to take. A comment I made had even been misunderstood once, and I felt awful! It was like, i wish my voice could be heard because sometimes there is more BEHIND a word than can be interpretted on a computer screen. As women we sometimes put our own background, and beliefs, and may put a meaning that wasn''t ever inteded by the posts creater. That can happen, and well... there is always PMS.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 8:32:14 AM
Author: tlh
DF,
Even though it is just an internet and we may never meet these people in real life, it doesn''t make mean comments any easier to take. A comment I made had even been misunderstood once, and I felt awful! It was like, i wish my voice could be heard because sometimes there is more BEHIND a word than can be interpretted on a computer screen. As women we sometimes put our own background, and beliefs, and may put a meaning that wasn''t ever inteded by the posts creater. That can happen, and well... there is always PMS.
Exactly. I hate it when people say, "it''s just the internet". Doesn''t matter, we are still speaking to each other, our words just aren''t coming out of our mouth, so to speak. Hurtful words are hurtful words, whether they are spoken, or typed.

And I hope Mrs. Mitchell comes back soon too. She is a lovely person.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 8:59:47 AM
Author: Ellen

DF,

Exactly. I hate it when people say, ''it''s just the internet''. Doesn''t matter, we are still speaking to each other, our words just aren''t coming out of our mouth, so to speak. Hurtful words are hurtful words, whether they are spoken, or typed.

Double ditto, it may just be the internet but behind that screen is a REAL person with REAL feelings.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
We are not just people on an internet forum. We''re a community. And just like in any community, when one person does something that offends you, your feelings are going to get hurt.

If your feelings don''t get hurt, its not because its "just the internet" its because you''re a little bit more tough-skinned than others.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 8:59:47 AM
Author: Ellen

DF,
Exactly. I hate it when people say, ''it''s just the internet''. Doesn''t matter, we are still speaking to each other, our words just aren''t coming out of our mouth, so to speak. Hurtful words are hurtful words, whether they are spoken, or typed.

Ditto!!!!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Some people continually threaten to leave, and never actually go anywhere. They just want attention
20.gif

But ITA that even though it is "just the internet" that does not mean we are immune to our feelings if someone says something hurtful.

I really hope Mrs Mitchell comes back, that thread made me sad.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 4:06:48 AM
Author:Dancing Fire
other member''s post had hurt your feelings thus you will stop posting on PS. why let people on a internet forum bother you?
Idunno1.gif
i got beaten up many times here
Dedicated_to_Ayesha_by_lovexmetal.gif
but kept on fighting
boxinggy2.gif
16.gif
Well, I ''ve been on both ends in different forums. I''m not going to stop posting.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
If it''s true that "Men don''t seem to take things as personally as women. They are able to shrug comments off but it stews and festers with women." then no wonder we are not treated equally in the workplace.
20.gif

Who would want to hire someone who thinks they have been attacked because their favorite store has had unfavorable opinions posted about them?

Seriously, are we comfortable being painted as being that sensitive?
38.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 8:26:31 AM

Ah, I see. Sorry to hear about Mrs Mitchell. I enjoy her posts, always kind and considerate.

Ditto! I enjoy her posts very much.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 10:08:42 AM
Author: purrfectpear

If it''s true that ''Men don''t seem to take things as personally as women. They are able to shrug comments off but it stews and festers with women.'' then no wonder we are not treated equally in the workplace.
20.gif

Who would want to hire someone who thinks they have been attacked because their favorite store has had unfavorable opinions posted about them?

Seriously, are we comfortable being painted as being that sensitive?
38.gif

Everyone is different. Generally speaking, is there any doubt that women are more sensitive than men? Certainly, there are different degrees of sensitivity. I, for one, am highly sensitive. But, I don''t think the fact that some women are highly sensitive has any bearing on how all women are perceived or treated in the workplace.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
DF,

For the most part, since this is not a fee based service (we don''t comment for any reimbursement), generally, I think we''re in it for the bounce we get.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 10:16:37 AM
Author: coatimundi

Thritto. I hope her break will be a short one.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Since I having been spending more time in ATW, I've considered ordering a suit of armor. The gloves are off over there and you need to have--or purchase--a thick skin
6.gif
There are some posters, IMO, who use "honesty"as an excuse to be a bully. I can understand that feelings get hurt. Most people on PS are lovely and kind. It's the few mean-spirited folks who could dial it back a few notches and stop making excuses for their behavior
14.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 10:35:23 AM
Author: Kaleigh

Qu...somthing.o?? Can we make it up to eight? Or fourteen? I''ve always wanted a big family of "s

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 11:11:59 AM
Author: decodelighted

Qu...somthing.o?? Can we make it up to eight? Or fourteen? I've always wanted a big family of 's
I'll make it a big family
9.gif
five, six (not sure)

I hope you come back Mrs. Mitchell

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Qu...somthing.o?? Can we make it up to eight? Or fourteen? I've always wanted a big family of 's
I think it's quadritto
3.gif
9.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Qu...somthing.o?? Can we make it up to eight? Or fourteen? I''ve always wanted a big family of ''s
Deco, You are sooooooooo funny! Sometimes I just have to say that. So witty. I love your posts!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock

Me too, I adore Mrs. Mitchell. She is always very kind.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Firstly, I''m sorry those ladies felt so insulted that they couldn''t stay. I do hope each of them comes back when she''s ready.

As far as the OP, I''ve been hit pretty hard around here (some people seem to think I beat puppies with kittens or something) but, even though I feel offended, insulted, etc I don''t leave. For me, there''s no reason to leave if you haven''t done anything wrong. (I''m not saying that the ladies who''ve taken hiatus have done wrongly, I don''t know about any of those threads). IRL, I''m pretty thick skinned, so maybe that just transfers online too. I don''t stop talking to people IRL if they upset me and I behave much the same way online. I don''t advocate becoming a different person just because your words are written instead of spoken.

Maybe the ladies who''ve left have enough other stuff going on and they just don''t have the energy to keep "fighting" here.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas hasn''t posted since her post on ATW. I hope Jas and Mrs. Mitchell come back - they are always so sweet and funny and of course I would miss their adorable ones. (There''s room for more than one Amelia on PS, MrsM!)

Although I can say, I personally don''t care for "Well, I don''t need this, F. U., and I''m leaving!" Which is not to be confused with a more "quiet" exit of "Maybe PS is not the place for me right now and I think a break would be best."

But if people want to leave, why even make a fuss. Just quietly give yourself a break. What''s even funnier is when people threaten to leave, then keep lurking because we all know PS is addicting, and then make more posts saying, "Well, I am going to say this one last thing!" Geez, leave or stay, make up your mind already.

Some people, when they say they want to leave, I say fine, good riddance. Don''t let the door slam you in the a** on the way out.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 11:56:32 AM
Author: TravelingGal
But if people want to leave, why even make a fuss. Just quietly give yourself a break. What''s even funnier is when people threaten to leave, then keep lurking because we all know PS is addicting, and then make more posts saying, ''Well, I am going to say this one last thing!'' Geez, leave or stay, make up your mind already.

Ditto. If you say you''re leaving, then all you''re asking for is attention. "Nooooo, don''t go!" That''s silly. If you TRULY need a break, take it, and come back when your skin is thicker. I have left two forums because people were excessively cruel to me (as in, searching the internet for anything I have EVER written and then throwing it in my face when I happen to change my mind about whatever I said), but this forum doesn''t get nearly as mean, because the mods control it.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Clearly from my freaking out session last week (or was it the week before?), I'm more sensitive and I do agree with Risingsun that people use the internet and lack of visual contact as an exuse to bully people and personally, it bothers me. If you spend a few hours *a month* posting on any internet forum, it's a lot easier to brush off than if you spend a few hours *a day*.

Oh and like Monkey Pie, someone spent hours searching for stuff I posted on another forum and used that against me. Pathetic.

Aside from my recent posts, I've never stated that I'd leave a forum. Not on any forum I've ever been a part of, but like I said, I've been here six years. The only other place I've posted on for a number of years is makeupalley. lol

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
In case anyone is wondering, men and women are actually equally sensitive to rejection--that's what this type of thing is all about at its core, feeling devalued by others. The difference between the sexes is not a matter of degree, but a matter of kind. Women *tend* to respond to hurt feelings with tears or expressions of hurt feelings. Men *tend* to respond by fighting back and being defensive. Same thing, just different clothing.

And to add the necessary caveat: in general, generalizations about any group are always wrong.
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 11:13:49 AM
Author: Skippy123

Qu...somthing.o?? Can we make it up to eight? Or fourteen? I''ve always wanted a big family of ''s
I''ll make it a big family
9.gif
five, six (not sure)
Well just don''t make it 14....
unsure3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results