shape
carat
color
clarity

Why PS is dangerous

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I have never really been a diamond girl. I've always loved colored stones and have collected for almost 20 years. When hubby and I decided to get engaged, I told him I had a FCD to use, so he just bought a beautiful platinum setting and matching band for it. He thought he got off easy! But since being on PS and being exposed to antique diamonds and old cuts I started a new love affair and hubby was in big trouble, lol!

Long story short, here is my new-to-me OEC (GIA says circular brilliant) in a temporary setting. She is an O-P color and 3.63 cts with a teeny-tiny table of 41%. I bought her from a fellow PSer @imdoubler . Man, I had no idea how hard it is to photograph a diamond, so forgive the sorry pics. I can't capture the colors that she throws, so I will have to practice. She truly is a sparkle bomb.

Thanks for looking, as it's hard to share my excitement with my people irl, but I know ya'll will understand and not judge!

Attachments

• 20191119_170423.jpg
    20191119_170423.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 20191119_170146.jpg
    20191119_170146.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 20191119_170204.jpg
    20191119_170204.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 157

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never really been a diamond girl. I've always loved colored stones and have collected for almost 20 years. When hubby and I decided to get engaged, I told him I had a FCD to use, so he just bought a beautiful platinum setting and matching band for it. He thought he got off easy! But since being on PS and being exposed to antique diamonds and old cuts I started a new love affair and hubby was in big trouble, lol!

Long story short, here is my new-to-me OEC (GIA says circular brilliant) in a temporary setting. She is an O-P color and 3.63 cts with a teeny-tiny table of 41%. I bought her from a fellow PSer @imdoubler . Man, I had no idea how hard it is to photograph a diamond, so forgive the sorry pics. I can't capture the colors that she throws, so I will have to practice. She truly is a sparkle bomb.

Thanks for looking, as it's hard to share my excitement with my people irl, but I know ya'll will understand and not judge!

She’s so gorgeous! That’s some huge rock @Mrs_Strizzle! You started at the top! :kiss2:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
She’s so gorgeous! That’s some huge rock @Mrs_Strizzle! You started at the top! :kiss2:

Thank you so much! I will add that hubby and I got married 27 years after our first kiss (with both of us having previous marriages and 5 children between us that we have full custody of) so I didn't start at the top, but certainly feel like I've finally got there!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - that's some ring! I can see the tiny table on the diamond - really beautiful! Congrats and enjoy!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1F84DF6A-C435-4E53-962C-A50266355DEB.gif Absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy your new beauty!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving that plain bold setting. It’s large and in charge!! Stunning oec. Congratulations !!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowzers!! Love the rock and congratulations!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has always been one of my favourite old cuts, and it's gorgeous on you! Talk about starting at the top!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. Stunning. OEClicious! So happy for you @Mrs_Strizzle :appl:
Welcome to the old cut club and may you enjoy your beautiful ring in health and blingy happiness.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I bet it is a glitterball of colored fire in low light. Congratulations, it's very beautiful!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! Nicely done!!!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much everyone! I'm absolutely in love with it! Here's a pic I took in the low light that is my dark bedroom and on the way to work today in the sunshine. Hubby has been laughing at me watching it sparkle in the mirror across the room, hehe. 20191119_191247.jpg 20191120_073939.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a rock!!! She's gorgeous and looks super white and fiery! I love the setting, too -- very balanced and classic!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, they’re mesmerising aren’t they, photos just don’t do OECs justice do they?

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, they’re mesmerising aren’t they, photos just don’t do OECs justice do they?

Heck no, they don't! Good thing there are people much better at photographing and videoing them than me because I would have missed out on this beauty if the pics looked like mine!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring! It's gorgeously chunky in all the right ways. Congratulations!

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the O-P color! It is gorgeous. Antique cuts really are amazing under low light conditions.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

VERY lovely diamond!!!!

Enjoy that gorgeous floral sparkle bomb on your finger!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's an absolutely gorgeous stone, I had no idea an OEC could sparkle so much.

If it's not too much trouble could you share the GIA cut diagram with us? I'd love to know the cut details on such an outstanding OEC.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
It's an absolutely gorgeous stone, I had no idea an OEC could sparkle so much.

If it's not too much trouble could you share the GIA cut diagram with us? I'd love to know the cut details on such an outstanding OEC.

Sure, although the diagram doesn't show much.

Attachments

• 3.63 GIA.jpg
    3.63 GIA.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 141
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results