Votes: 4 4.3%
  • 4. Fill in the blank with your choice

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like looking at them more than I like wearing them. It's mesmerizing and relaxing to get immersed in the facets and watch the play of light and fire.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing less jewelry lately because I'm not going out to places that often, but I wear it because I like how it looks, all shiny and sparkly. I always tend to notice other people's jewelry.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For 1/1000 of a second, I wondered why you had bras hanging from your visors :D

Haha yes. That would be preferable to me wearing one :lol:

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I wear them for me, myself and I.
I marvel at the craftsmanship of artisans who meticulously cut such beauties without the aid of modern technology.
I get a sense of wonderment staring at the facets of both old and new cuts.
They make me smile and give me something to be grateful for.
And because I love everything that sparkles!:D

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes yes yes
  • 1. For me and me alone - yes, no one else really cares imho

• 2. For others to show I’m married/in a relationship - yes, my most sentimental jewelry is my wedding set and i didn't feel comfortable wearing any ring that might be mistaken for wedding jewelry before i got married. (now i think that's silly and i should have worn whatever i liked.)

• 3. To show off how fabulous I am - yes, there is something glamorous and fun about jewelry to me, besides a couple of staples most of the pieces i have, real or costume, are pretty much only used for dressier occasions

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because I love, love, love jewelry.
Always have, always will.
And diamonds are on the top the food chain.
However, I love my pearls, and my colored stones, too.

Me too! I love them all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear them for me, myself and I.
I marvel at the craftsmanship of artisans who meticulously cut such beauties without the aid of modern technology.
I get a sense of wonderment staring at the facets of both old and new cuts.
They make me smile and give me something to be grateful for.
And because I love everything that sparkles!:D

Yes so true. We have much to be grateful for being able to adore and cherish beautiful pieces.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes yes yes
  • 1. For me and me alone - yes, no one else really cares imho

• 2. For others to show I’m married/in a relationship - yes, my most sentimental jewelry is my wedding set and i didn't feel comfortable wearing any ring that might be mistaken for wedding jewelry before i got married. (now i think that's silly and i should have worn whatever i liked.)

• 3. To show off how fabulous I am - yes, there is something glamorous and fun about jewelry to me, besides a couple of staples most of the pieces i have, real or costume, are pretty much only used for dressier occasions

Haha LOVE it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like looking at them more than I like wearing them. It's mesmerizing and relaxing to get immersed in the facets and watch the play of light and fire.

Me too. I wear them much less than I used to due to Covid but my pleasure and joy gazing at them is no less.

I'm wearing less jewelry lately because I'm not going out to places that often, but I wear it because I like how it looks, all shiny and sparkly. I always tend to notice other people's jewelry.

I do too. I love bling watching. And when I catch a view of an amazing piece I literally gasp out loud. Beautiful Bling moves me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I do wear jewelry, which isn't much lately, I like it because I pick pieces that are usually detailed or antique. I enjoy the little details and the history. It's interesting to me. I doubt anyone notices them.

You have a truly fabulous collection.

Definitely for me and me alone.
I love diamonds and all sparkly beautiful things.

A girl after my own heart. :love:

Because I enjoy them, especially antique diamonds and jewelry. Also super digging 18K yellow gold right now.

That said, I also like something about the specialness / exclusivity of natural diamonds... I don't like simulants, synthetics or treated stones. So what is that all about... lol

Anne

Antique bling is very special. I agree.

So I can stare at the constantly. Sneak peeks and pics when I think no one is looking. Stare at the little rainbows. Look at my reflection in them. Admire them from afar when I ask my DD to model it. Observe their reactions in new environments.

Haha yasssss. They are little rainbows and do take on so many different personalities depending on the environment. We are always learning more about their personalities I think.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fell in love with diamonds when my mom started wearing diamonds in my early teens (when we moved to South Africa) and diamonds/gold finally became affordable due to local mining and production. I just loved the way they sparkled, and looked so beautiful on my mom. In fact, my parents (not my husband) gave me my first diamond jewelry for my high school graduation, and my everyday pendant (1.12 ct rb) is also from my mom's collection.

They offer so much. Beautiful to look at but also evoke such strong feelings of our past and the happy memories associated with that.

Preeeeeetttty

Spaaaaaaarkly

They make really nice melee for a coloured stone lover like myself and are easy to access in terms of purchasing.

Haha this made me laugh. Love it. And yes to all the above.

For MEEEEE, and MEEEEE alone.:bigsmile:

:lol::appl::love:

I wear them because I adore them. I love how mesmerising they are, how they can almost hypnotise you. I’d wear them and love them even if they were cheap, it’s not about the money for me (in fact, I wish they were cheap lol so I could have more of them). I love jewelry in general, how it’s an expression of my personality and individuality. I’m not going out of my house these days and yet I’m still wearing earrings and bracelets and seeing that sparkle on my wrist and at my ears gives me joy. There are days I’ll shower and put my pyjamas back on but I’ll add a cocktail ring or something. It just makes me happy.

They are mesmerizing and they do hypnotize us I agree. And they are an expression of who we are. I also wish they cost less and that would not bother me at all. I could get Anup's oval and all would be good. :bigsmile:

Because I'm a magpie. Anything sparkly grabs my attention and brings me joy. Having diamond rings on my hands gives me easy access to joy, all day long.

Same. Jewelry is joyful.

I've always been inexplicably drawn to diamonds. Each has a uniquely individual personality, and no matter the characteristics, always prove beautiful and interesting to me. I wear them because I enjoy every aspect of them...the beauty, the artistry, the romance, the symbolism, etc.

I agree. They are so romantic and are little masterpieces.
I wear diamonds for me. The light show makes me happy! I feel empowered and ready for anything when i wear my diamonds and jewelry. I wear my diamonds around the house, ALL the time. (unless they are in the cleaner) They, most certainly, are not just for outside wear. I just feel better when i have them on. I find the diamonds that ive selected for myself to be soothing, calming and restorative. My husband also enjoys seeing them on me, as he tells me. But truth be told, it is just for me ...

Agreed.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me only.
I was set to upgrad my diamond from 1.2ct to over 2ct but last min decided to make a graduated 5 stone. The 2ct+ would have been more attention grabbing to other people but the 5 stone gives me stones to see from my angle, without adjusting my hand to purposely see the diamonds.
I mean, isn’t that why we all hang out on PS anyway? To ogle diamonds and jewelry (for the most part, anyway).

True. And yes! I cannot own it all and I live vicariously through all of you and the different but all beautiful bling here. Love it and love the PSers who so generously share with us here!

I'm a bit of a magpie too. I just like sparkly things, including moissanite and CZ, and get pleasure out of seeing the flashes and reflections.

I appreciate all the different sparkly bling too. I love the choices and I love seeing everyone's beautiful pieces.

I chose "other". I'm not really into diamonds; I prefer pearls and colored stones.

But I do have a pair of diamond studs that I had made using the stone from my engagement ring (an illusion ring that I never found comfortable, which used to belong to my husband's great aunt) and the center stone from my late mother's 25th anniversary ring. The two diamonds are a little over .5 ct each and about the same color and clarity, and they make a nice pair of studs that I will be able to hand down to my daughter. This way she'll have a good functional jewelry item that comes from both sides of the family.

I do wear them from time to time, when I want a colorless stone to go with my outfit.

I love colored gems too and if I could I would have all of them. It is true that diamonds go with everything but sometimes a beautiful pop of color really makes the day.

I’m also a magpie...You should see my Christmas tree..haha I wear diamonds because I love them...They soothe me for some reason. I have a stressful life...When I look into my diamonds I’m lost in the sparkle...They calm me...

They are calming Joanne. I totally agree. And I hear you on the stress. (((Hugs))).

Definitely for me and me alone. Sometimes I'll wear "the good stuff" when I'm home alone with the kids, then take it all off and put on just a plain wedding band to run errands. For parties, of course, I'll wear my jewels, but those occasions have been few and far between these days.

Love your tag line!

I have always liked jewellery since I was a young girl, and loved to window-shop browsing the window displays of jewellery shops.

Wearing my nicer and more valuable pieces, combined with dressing up for more formal occasions, makes me feel great and happy.

Just taking out and looking at the nices pieces makes me happy.

DK :))

Same. I like to gaze at them just because.

I definitely echo most of the responses above - I enjoy their beauty and seeing it gives me pleasure. Hence I tend to prefer rings and bracelets over earrings and necklaces as I get full benefit, although I do also get pleasure from accessorising an outfit with those. I also enjoy the fact that diamonds are more robust than other options and don’t need to be babied in quite the same way as softer stones such as emeralds. I guess low maintenance bling is my preferred option!

What I enjoy about earrings is feeling them swish and sway and that makes me feel pretty. IDK it's weird I guess but I just love wearing dangles. I feel feminine and love the way they feel as I move.

I closely echo your sentiment.

Great minds. :bigsmile:

I wear a diamond because I bought one.

Yes. Why did you buy it though?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another magpie here
i love anything that sparkles - glitter, ice crystals from the freezer, old paste brooches - i even like the look of broken windscreen glass and that doesn't even sparkle
i like computer stones to have diamond accents

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since most of what I wear is vintage/antique, I wear for my enjoyment as well as those who wore said item before. It's a comforting feeling that after I'm gone someone else will enjoy my rings and I'm sure past owners would love to know their rings are worn and loved daily for decades to come.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me it started at around age 8 when I found out how they were formed. That the black burnt leftover bits of a fire, carbon, was essentially the same material as the most magical sparkly gemstone.
The concept that great heat, great pressure and millions of years could make that change happen was mind blowing to me as a child.
yes, I was a bit of an unusual child.
Opals were my other fascination, again for how they were formed - water seeping through limestone gathering trace elements before being trapped at a non porous material and again millions of years passing and opal being the end result. How opal colour occurs is a true miracle. The Microscopic spheres need to grow, undisturbed, and the size determines the colours you see. Red is the rarest and most valuable colour because the spheres have to grow the biggest.
So diamonds to me, like all gemstones, are nature’s miracles. Rare, hard to find, precious and magical. I find it very Zen to sit in sunshine and admire their beauty.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not had the time to read all of the previous responses (past @missy ‘s delicious Bubbalah), but wanted to weigh in nonetheless.
I totally wear jewelry/diamonds for myself and myself alone. In fact, at times I do feel slightly self conscious wearing the larger carat weight pieces. That feeling has gotten easier to tolerate the older I get because I care less what others think. I just get so much pleasure looking down and seeing the beautiful sparkle, which is why I buy mostly rings (I can’t see my own earrings/necklaces :( ).
It also doesn’t help that my eyes aren’t as good as they once were, so larger carat weights are necessary for these old eyes. What can I say? It’s a cross I am willing to bear :lol:

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
I wear them because they contrast beautifully with coloured stones and they are lovely to look at. For me looking at and talking about jewellery is a relaxing escape from the hard work and difficulties of ordinary life. It was lovely to find Pricescope.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear them because they contrast beautifully with coloured stones and they are lovely to look at.

+1

To be fair, my collection is mostly colored stones. I do love the sparkle of diamonds and their versatility but I like the affordable variety colored stones have to offer.

Reasons why I do own and wear some of my diamond pieces:

1) When in a hurry, putting on diamond pieces can be faster than picking jewelry to match my outfit.

2) I can wear the same pieces with everything when travelling - no need to pack or risk losing jewelry.

3) My diamond pieces serve as great accessory for my colored pieces when I want to add more bling. I can wear my CS rings with a diamond bracelet, diamond stacker etc.

4) I don't have to be as careful wearing diamond pieces as I do many of my colored stones.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because they are my birthstone. Another magpie here. My grandfather gave me a “ emerald and diamond” necklace he got at a bank for opening a new account when I was 5. 1964. I was enthralled at the sparkle and wore it everywhere. I felt like a Princess. I could look at diamonds all day.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, interesting. When I saw your post on the other thread I thought “I definitely wear them for myself, I’m not concerned about what others think” but option 2 gave me pause. If I’m being honest, there are many days when my wedding ring is the only jewelry I wear. Maybe I’m more impacted by outside opinion (cultural norms/customs) than I think!

inne

Shiny_Rock
I wear my diamond pieces because I love how they look and/or they have special meaning to me.

My diamond studs are terrible quality. Not particularly beautiful at all. But they were the first 'real' piece of jewellery my husband got me, so I like wearing them. My diamond eternity band is kind of the same - it's nothing special aesthetically (I would have to walk with a full jewellery store lighting set up to make it look good, and that is very impractical ). But it was my wedding band so I love it. I am an extremely sentimental person!

My OEC solitaire, however - wow, it is beautiful! I love looking at it, I love thinking about its history (who cut it? who owned it before me? how did they make this amazing thing so long ago??), and I love how it came into my life. I'm happy when someone notices it, not because I want to impress them but because it's nice when someone else appreciates something I like so much. Like when someone tells you your dog is cute.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because of the romance associated with her history. :kiss2:

I think someone must’ve been a very special lady for her loved one to have bought her such a beautiful ring. I know her previous owner is a very special lady and is dearly beloved by everyone who knows her.

I just love wearing a piece of history on my hand, and am fascinated by the beautiful colours Bella throws off. I often wonder who cut her and what they were thinking when they did, and what the original owner, back in the day, thought when they were given her, how long they wore her for. In my mind I like to think that she was in a long and happy marriage and adored.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@rainydaze sums it up perfectly. I am definitely a magpie too. If it's shiny and sparkly I'm in. I've been like this since a child. You should see me in a lighting fixture store with all those pretty crystal chandeliers.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I love rainbows, I love glitter of any kind - I had glitter put in the grout in my new MB! I wear diamonds for NO ONE but me, sparkle and yes the tried and true BLING BLING! jeez I've followed people just looking at the gorgeous rainbows radiating.. showoff's are in the eye of the person looking, I just wear them because I love bright bursts, fireworks, I know you get it! xo

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For 1/1000 of a second, I wondered why you had bras hanging from your visors :D

I had to go back and look - haha! How will we ever get in the car again without checking for the blasted mask?!?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I truly wear them for myself - my own enjoyment and entertainment. They are just mesmerizing to me and I never tire of them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results