missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This came up in another thread.

Why do you wear diamonds?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll start. I wear them because they’re beautiful works of art and I enjoy wearing beautiful things. It makes me smile. It brings me pleasure. It brightens my day. I’m never bored gazing at it’s big chunky facets. It positively glows and makes each day a little better. My perspective.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some photos illustrating why I feel the way I do.

in the car where I love her the least she’s still gorgeous imo.
000643ED-8D97-44C0-9F1D-2B2769082F23.jpeg

Even in the dark she glows.

12210149-BBC8-4A03-B559-66DC0941B51B.jpeg

and outdoors the colors emanate seemingly from within ❤️
FAFB3E74-69ED-4A25-B16B-B40A38D34E1E.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Preeeeeetttty

Spaaaaaaarkly

They make really nice melee for a coloured stone lover like myself and are easy to access in terms of purchasing.

Yassssss. Exactly.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because I'm a magpie. Anything sparkly grabs my attention and brings me joy. Having diamond rings on my hands gives me easy access to joy, all day long.

Couldn’t agree more.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always been inexplicably drawn to diamonds. Each has a uniquely individual personality, and no matter the characteristics, always prove beautiful and interesting to me. I wear them because I enjoy every aspect of them...the beauty, the artistry, the romance, the symbolism, etc.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I added a poll. Please vote. Thanks.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I wear diamonds for me. The light show makes me happy! I feel empowered and ready for anything when i wear my diamonds and jewelry. I wear my diamonds around the house, ALL the time. (unless they are in the cleaner) They, most certainly, are not just for outside wear. I just feel better when i have them on. I find the diamonds that ive selected for myself to be soothing, calming and restorative. My husband also enjoys seeing them on me, as he tells me. But truth be told, it is just for me ...

Last edited:

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
For me only.
I was set to upgrad my diamond from 1.2ct to over 2ct but last min decided to make a graduated 5 stone. The 2ct+ would have been more attention grabbing to other people but the 5 stone gives me stones to see from my angle, without adjusting my hand to purposely see the diamonds.
I mean, isn’t that why we all hang out on PS anyway? To ogle diamonds and jewelry (for the most part, anyway).

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I chose "other". I'm not really into diamonds; I prefer pearls and colored stones.

But I do have a pair of diamond studs that I had made using the stone from my engagement ring (an illusion ring that I never found comfortable, which used to belong to my husband's great aunt) and the center stone from my late mother's 25th anniversary ring. The two diamonds are a little over .5 ct each and about the same color and clarity, and they make a nice pair of studs that I will be able to hand down to my daughter. This way she'll have a good functional jewelry item that comes from both sides of the family.

I do wear them from time to time, when I want a colorless stone to go with my outfit.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m also a magpie...You should see my Christmas tree..haha I wear diamonds because I love them...They soothe me for some reason. I have a stressful life...When I look into my diamonds I’m lost in the sparkle...They calm me...

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely for me and me alone. Sometimes I'll wear "the good stuff" when I'm home alone with the kids, then take it all off and put on just a plain wedding band to run errands. For parties, of course, I'll wear my jewels, but those occasions have been few and far between these days.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I like them. That's about it.

When I received my first ER I remember sitting and staring into it...amazed by all of the reflections and flits of light. It was .48ct I think so I may have damaged my eyes staring so long up close, lol. It was the first diamond I had seen up close. It is not graded and I know it is not a perfect diamond but it is a nice looking diamond. I still don't have a perfect MRB because I prefer old cuts with their chunky facets and glowy warmth and imperfections...and step cuts. Makes my heart skip a beat.
I do love colored stones...they are beautiful but I put them on myself and it isn't a thrill. That makes me sad. I keep looking at the CS threads and think maybe some day I will find one that I will love for myself.

I know no one else IRL who cares at all about jewelry. I discuss with my DD and she listens because she loves me but she isn't into it. I think her lobes might have closed over in the last year because she stopped wearing earrings. Maybe she was mixed up in the hospital...because she's also short and we are all tall. OK, I'm getting way out there now....lol.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I definitely echo most of the responses above - I enjoy their beauty and seeing it gives me pleasure. Hence I tend to prefer rings and bracelets over earrings and necklaces as I get full benefit, although I do also get pleasure from accessorising an outfit with those. I also enjoy the fact that diamonds are more robust than other options and don’t need to be babied in quite the same way as softer stones such as emeralds. I guess low maintenance bling is my preferred option!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always liked jewellery since I was a young girl, and loved to window-shop browsing the window displays of jewellery shops.

Wearing my nicer and more valuable pieces, combined with dressing up for more formal occasions, makes me feel great and happy.

Just taking out and looking at the nices pieces makes me happy.

DK :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a diamond because I bought one.

P

Petalouda

I’ll start. I wear them because they’re beautiful works of art and I enjoy wearing beautiful things. It makes me smile. It brings me pleasure. It brightens my day. I’m never bored gazing at it’s big chunky facets. It positively glows and makes each day a little better. My perspective.

I closely echo your sentiment.

I wear them because I adore them. I love how mesmerising they are, how they can almost hypnotise you. I’d wear them and love them even if they were cheap, it’s not about the money for me (in fact, I wish they were cheap lol so I could have more of them). I love jewelry in general, how it’s an expression of my personality and individuality. I’m not going out of my house these days and yet I’m still wearing earrings and bracelets and seeing that sparkle on my wrist and at my ears gives me joy. There are days I’ll shower and put my pyjamas back on but I’ll add a cocktail ring or something. It just makes me happy.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Fell in love with diamonds when my mom started wearing diamonds in my early teens (when we moved to South Africa) and diamonds/gold finally became affordable due to local mining and production. I just loved the way they sparkled, and looked so beautiful on my mom. In fact, my parents (not my husband) gave me my first diamond jewelry for my high school graduation, and my everyday pendant (1.12 ct rb) is also from my mom's collection.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I can stare at the constantly. Sneak peeks and pics when I think no one is looking. Stare at the little rainbows. Look at my reflection in them. Admire them from afar when I ask my DD to model it. Observe their reactions in new environments.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Because I enjoy them, especially antique diamonds and jewelry. Also super digging 18K yellow gold right now.

That said, I also like something about the specialness / exclusivity of natural diamonds... I don't like simulants, synthetics or treated stones. So what is that all about... lol

Anne

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because I enjoy them, especially antique diamonds and jewelry. Also super digging 18K yellow gold right now.

That said, I also like something about the specialness / exclusivity of natural diamonds... I don't like simulants, synthetics or treated stones. So what is that all about... lol

Anne
Your last line by 1000000 times! And no, no one has to know that they are natural but me, in order to appreciate this aspect. I think that my diamonds remind me of the journey that I went through to learn to pick them out, to fund them, etc. Please don’t judge!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely for me and me alone.
I love diamonds and all sparkly beautiful things.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
When I do wear jewelry, which isn't much lately, I like it because I pick pieces that are usually detailed or antique. I enjoy the little details and the history. It's interesting to me. I doubt anyone notices them.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
in the car where I love her the least she’s still gorgeous imo.

For 1/1000 of a second, I wondered why you had bras hanging from your visors :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results