shape
carat
color
clarity

Why do you live where you do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock

blushing~ i only just saw your post! midtown west is nice and you''re right that there are alot of new bldgs/condos going up (we''re in one). We''re closer to midtown than west side highway though. definitely a great, convenient area, but also kind of busy/crazy!

you''re right that the search for a perfect town is daunting! westchester seems nice, but v. expensive. so most likely we''lll look in NJ (Morris, Essex Counties maybe). we''ll have to keep each other posted!

oh, and i have heard nice things about riverdale, but we haven''t looked yet.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We didn''t choose to live where we do. My husband lost his job, and the only job he could find was one 1500 miles away from family and friends and the city we truly loved.
15.gif
We have lived here 11 years, and although I have adjusted because I don''t really have any family left, my husband will never think of it as home. It''s stressful that way. On the bright side, there are good jobs here, and great universities for our daughters. And jobs for them when they''re finished. So I guess sometimes when you''re forced into a huge move, it works out for the best. We''re in Canada btw.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2007 10:19:22 PM
Author: VegasAngel
I live in Las Vegas because it is where my parents moved to from New Jersey. At the time they came to Vegas it was a great city with good job opportunities. As long as I can remember I have wanted to move. I''m dying for a change. Las Vegas is too commercial, too much crime, too many transients, & while I love heat it is way too hot here, no spring, quick fall. You really can''t enjoy outdoor activities here. Sadly, I will probably never get to try living somewhere.
39.gif
HI:

Why don''t you move to Western Canada (Alberta) where I live? That way--on some days--you could experience all four seasons in one afternoon!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 3:15:10 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 11/19/2007 10:19:22 PM
Author: VegasAngel
I live in Las Vegas because it is where my parents moved to from New Jersey. At the time they came to Vegas it was a great city with good job opportunities. As long as I can remember I have wanted to move. I''m dying for a change. Las Vegas is too commercial, too much crime, too many transients, & while I love heat it is way too hot here, no spring, quick fall. You really can''t enjoy outdoor activities here. Sadly, I will probably never get to try living somewhere.
39.gif
HI:

Why don''t you move to Western Canada (Alberta) where I live? That way--on some days--you could experience all four seasons in one afternoon!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon
haha
9.gif
Canada is definitely on my list of places to visit.

If my husband said let''s move I''d be ready in 15 minutes. I''m dying to move. Problem is my husband likes Vegas but mostly it''s that he will never leave his mother. So, I''m stuck.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m totally late to this thread but wanted to add my "story" anyway...

We live just outside Chicago. When I met DH over 6 years ago I was living on my own post college in Indy, just being a single gal and working. I had big plans to move to FL--Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, or anywhere coastal really--I had my resumes out and was set to go at any time but when I had only been dating DH long distance for about 2 months he informed me he would not be leaving Chicago (his job and his family are all here). I knew from the night I met him that I would end up marrying him, which sounds so cliche but it''s very true. I ended up finding a great job rather quickly in the west burbs of Chicago and the rest is history. We''ve recently been talking about getting out of the rat race here and moving to IslandDreams'' land...northwestern Indiana, to try to get ahead in life. DH could still keep his job (he only goes into his office once or twice a week but mainly travels), and it would not be difficult for me to find work pretty much anywhere as I''ve been in retail for so long now. Plus my family is in Indiana and that would bring me a good two hours closer to them instead of the 5.5 hr. distance between us now. So it looks like we''ll stay lifelong midwesterners, which is fine as long as he takes me somewhere warm during the winter!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results