shape
carat
color
clarity

Why are You voting for Hillary?

siv1

Shiny_Rock
I know this is an opinion, but I would really like to know why you are voting on Hillary based on Her. Don't say "Because Trump says/did/does......" This is only about Hillary.

A recent New York Times headline: “Peter Thiel Defends His Most Contrarian Move Yet: Supporting Trump.” Isn’t it time people started defending their support for Hillary Clinton?
Why aren’t Hillary’s backers made to explain how they can vote for a candidate who promised not to trade access for money while she served as Secretary of State, but then did it anyway?
Who vowed to reveal all monies collected by the Clinton Foundation from foreign entities while she was in office but failed to do so?
AN "AVALANCHE OF EVIDENCE" MAY NOW BURY HILLARY
Who has lied innumerable times to the American people and who has time and again revealed herself as lacking a moral compass?
Whose campaign has engaged in dirty tricks, colluding with the DNC and with the media?
Shouldn’t we question those who are putting their money behind Hilary Clinton, the first person to run for the presidency while subject of a criminal investigation? Whose natural instincts are to lie, about matters serious and inconsequential? Whose greed outweighs incandescent ambition?
Who offers voters nothing but enraged disparagement of her opponent?
It’s a reasonable question that should be asked: how can anyone with good conscience vote for Hillary Clinton?
Thiel, the successful founder of PayPal, sinned against the liberal establishment by donating $1.25 million to the Trump campaign. He has come under withering criticism from Silicon Valley elites, followed by “demands that Facebook drop him from its board of directors and that Silicon Valley’s leading start-up incubator, Y Combinator, sever ties with him.” This, for supporting the standard-bearer of one of America’s main political parties; a candidate who has a real shot at winning.
The shunning comes from those accusing Thiel of condoning “racism and intolerance”, says the Times, an organization that seems to being doing its best to further such associations. Indeed, the liberal media, exposed through numerous leaked emails as colluding with the Hillary Clinton campaign, has done a terrific job of turning Trump backers into pariahs.
But shouldn’t we question those who are putting their money behind Hilary Clinton, the first person to run for the presidency while subject of a criminal investigation? Whose natural instincts are to lie, about matters serious and inconsequential? Whose greed outweighs incandescent ambition?  
Despite decades of scandal, Wall Street tycoons and Hollywood eminences gather to promote the Good Ship Hillary, happy to sail with the progressive tides. Even as cranky investigators expose icebergs in their path. And no one calls them to account.
Many take solace in following President Obama, who has not stinted in his efforts to elect Clinton. Obama, who remains popular with those who absolve him of his lies about the Iran deal, ObamaCare, Benghazi, and now about his professed ignorance of the Clinton private server, is out campaigning for Hillary, whom he has repeatedly called “the most qualified candidate in history.” He does not call her the most trustworthy, or the most genuine, or respectable or moral; the man is not a total idiot. He describes her as tough and says she has tenacity. That we know.
Obama isn’t campaigning for Hillary Clinton because he likes her; he’s out there hustling for votes because if Donald Trump is elected, Obama’s cherished legacy will melt away faster than ice cream in August. ObamaCare? Gone. Amnesty for undocumented immigrants? Gone. Overreaching EPA rules that will set our power costs soaring? Done for. The Iran deal? Well, chances are that collapses regardless of who succeeds him.
Obama knows that Hillary is the protector of the status quo and of his legacy. He also knows she cannot be trusted. When she joined his cabinet, Hillary was required to sign an agreement aimed at minimizing her pay-to-play opportunities while she served at the State Department. She vowed that she would not personally participate in any matter that could impact the finances of the Clinton Foundation or the earnings of her husband, Bill. In a separate agreement, she agreed to reveal all foreign donations to the foundation.
We know she broke these promises. In just one of many such examples, after Hillary intervened to solve a tax problem for Swiss banking giant UBS (an unusual gig for Secretary of State), the bank paid husband Bill $1.5 million in speaking fees and donated generously to the foundation. Even more alarming, there were 1,100 foreign donations funneled through the Clinton Foundation’s Canadian affiliate that were received while Clinton was in office but never reported. Clinton’s memorandum of understanding with the Obama White House specifies that the “Clinton Giustra Sustainable Growth Initiative” (the Canadian branch) is part of the Clinton Foundation and must follow “the same protocols.” It did not.

Continued in Next post

siv1

Shiny_Rock
The estimated net worth of Bill and Hillary Clinton in 2006 was $34 million. In 2015, it was $111 million.     Hillary did not rack up such wealth. After all, during her four years as Secretary of State her salary was only $186,000. Filings suggest her net worth in 2006 was about $30 million; in 2015, it was nearly unchanged at $31 million.  In 2006 Bill’s wealth was about $4 million; by 2015 that had soared to $80 million. Note that during those years the U.S. financial markets endured one of the worst downdrafts ever, which lopped off a sizeable slug of the country’s wealth. By 2015 financial markets had recovered, but it is safe to conclude that Bill Clinton’s good fortune did not come by way of investment returns.
No, Bill made a fortune giving speeches, often to groups also funding the Clinton Foundation, and who had business before the U.S. government. It was a seamy arrangement – seamy enough to apparently invite scrutiny from FBI agents who were then blocked from pursuing an investigation.
Donald Trump is no Boy Scout. His business history is checkered and his personal manner is off-putting. But, the portrayal of him as racist and dangerous has been overblown by Hillary’s team, because they have nothing else to talk about.
Hillary fears the appeal of a fresh-start candidate, and especially one who is willing to challenge the status quo and push back at the politically correct idiocy ensnaring our national discourse. Trump is offering voters a real choice, which doesn’t happen often.
President Obama campaigned on hope and change, but delivered neither. It is possible – likely, even – that it will take an outsider to shift the direction of the country, to upend the corrupt politics of Washington, to stem the unbridled expansion of the federal government and return power to the people, which most Americans seem to want. That outsider, in this cycle, is Donald Trump.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Full disclosure: I didn't read the two long posts above because I've already voted so what I read or hear doesn't matter to me at this point...

I voted for Hillary because she's a liar with political experience and "should" be able to keep an even temper when dealing with tough international situations (plus my underlying core values are closer to the Democratic beliefs than the Republican - but note I HAVE voted for a Republican for President a few times before). I feel Trump is a liar without political experience and I worry about his temper. But both choices suck.

To counter my vote, I then only voted Republican for everyone else.

I'm hoping our checks and balances system of government works and the House/Senate keeps her in line and a Democrat President keeps the House/Senate in line.

I felt like my only other option was to not vote and I didn't want to forgo my right.

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Thanks UrsTx. :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Dems. are not going to reply to negative posts on HC... ;))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm voting for HRC because she has spent her life working for families. I am voting for HRC because she has experience and provides information on her proposed policies to the voters. I am voting for HRC because her policies make sense and are do-able. I am voting for HRC because pretty much all the info you said above is un-true. I am happy to vote for her (I already voted), and have no problem "justifying" my vote.

And DF: it's not the "Dems won't respond to a negative thread on HRC", it's that Siv just made like 5 threads bashing Hillary, all of which (that I've read) are based on untrue information.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hillary has actual experience in politics. It's her career.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1478360373|4094042 said:
And DF: it's not the "Dems won't respond to a negative thread on HRC", it's that Siv just made like 5 threads bashing Hillary, all of which (that I've read) are based on untrue information.
Siv must be a new member. :bigsmile: .PS policy rule #1...never to bash any Dems... :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1478361074|4094051 said:
And DF: it's not the "Dems won't respond to a negative thread on HRC",it's that Siv just made like 5 threads bashing Hillary, all of which (that I've read) are based on untrue information.
Siv must be a new member. :bigsmile: .PS policy rule #1...never to bash any Dems... :lol:

You bolded the wrong issue. Not that Siv made negative threads on HRC, that they are based either on true info, or are just ridiculous.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why?
Clinton is the best option.

And yes, it's okay to consider the competition when choosing.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1478361173|4094053 said:
Dancing Fire|1478361074|4094051 said:
And DF: it's not the "Dems won't respond to a negative thread on HRC",it's that Siv just made like 5 threads bashing Hillary, all of which (that I've read) are based on untrue information.

You bolded the wrong issue. Not that Siv made negative threads on HRC, that they are based either on true info, or are just ridiculous.
What Siv posted on this thread is true, but like it or not HC will be our next President.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I've voted for Hillary Clinton because she is incredibly intelligent. She is steady. She is tough, clearing numerous hurdles (mostly ridiculous partisan BS) and choosing to continue on. She has, arguably, the most experience of any presidential candidate in modern history. She will better protect and further social progress, not drag us back to a time when only people of a certain class, color and sexuality enjoyed rights that should be available to all. She is much better poised to fight for the middle class and families because it's what she's been doing her entire life, with a focus on children.

I didn't vote for her because she is the "lesser of two evils," I support her because I sincerely think she will do a good job as president, and hopefully, a great job.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I votED for Hillary Clinton because I have a vagina, and so does she. :dance: :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for Hillary Clinton because she is more honest and put her tax returns out for the public to see. I voted for her because she is very calm, her experience is extraordinary, I need to feel that our president is going to keep a level head. I voted for her because Putin hates her and I hate Putin, despot and evil sums him up. I voted for her because she is more of a centrist than even Obama, she actually lean more right of left, but I can live with that. I voted for her because she has been tarred, feathered and harassed by the right for her whole adult life, to me that shows she must be doing something right, because the conservatives have never been interested in any one person except very wealthy people. I voted for her because family comes first to her, she is a wonderful mother and grandma, she stayed married to a philanderer because she comes from an old school that said "stay together for the family". Basically I voted for her because the republicans have placed as their candidate a man who is being sued for rape of a child, a man who believes it is alright to grab a woman in her private area, a man who back in the 70s was a blatantly anti-black, a man had a paper loss and hasn't paid taxes in years, a man who is a LIAR. I cannot place one ounce of faith that Trump will do anything for me, just for the rich.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because she's intelligent and eminently qualified. She knows how to work in a representative government - she served New York as a Senator and did so well. She knows the issues and I think she will represent our country well. She's also resilient and is able to maintain her composure, self-control, and critical thought processes under pressure.

And, as Kenny said... here in the real world we do have to look at all the candidates and consider both the positives and negatives that they would bring to the presidency. Are there things I don't like about Hillary? Absolutely. But when I consider what each of the candidates brings to the table, to me it's no contest - Hillary gets my vote. ;))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1478367697|4094124 said:
I voted for Hillary Clinton because she is more honest and put her tax returns out for the public to see. I voted for her because she is very calm, her experience is extraordinary, I need to feel that our president is going to keep a level head. I voted for her because Putin hates her and I hate Putin, despot and evil sums him up. I voted for her because she is more of a centrist than even Obama, she actually lean more right of left, but I can live with that. I voted for her because she has been tarred, feathered and harassed by the right for her whole adult life, to me that shows she must be doing something right, because the conservatives have never been interested in any one person except very wealthy people. I voted for her because family comes first to her, she is a wonderful mother and grandma, she stayed married to a philanderer because she comes from an old school that said "stay together for the family". Basically I voted for her because the republicans have placed as their candidate a man who is being sued for rape of a child, a man who believes it is alright to grab a woman in her private area, a man who back in the 70s was a blatantly anti-black, a man had a paper loss and hasn't paid taxes in years, a man who is a LIAR. I cannot place one ounce of faith that Trump will do anything for me, just for the rich.
I hope so.. ;))

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1478368469|4094134 said:
I hope so.. ;))

Me too.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1478369948|4094148 said:
Dancing Fire|1478368469|4094134 said:
I hope so.. ;))

Me too.
Red...The PS Dems. is gonna throw a pie on your face on Nov. 8.. :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for Hillary for the same reasons everyone above did.

Experience - check, check, check
Temperment - check
Unite our country - check
Womens issues and abortion rights - check
Stricter gun control - check

I believe Hillary will make a good president.

Trump disgusts me. I hate the man.

At this point in time it would be impossible for me to vote Republican (and I have voted Republican a time or two). My views do not align with theirs on social issues. They need to wake up and realize it isn't 1950 anymore. Their views on social issues are just plain crazy.

I'm not sure why you asked this question Siv1.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1478371055|4094158 said:
I'm not sure why you asked this question Siv1.
Yeah, why?... :confused: This is a big no no on PS... :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It'll all come down to NC. If HC wins NC the party is over for Trump. In order for Trump to win he must pitch a perfect game on Tuesday.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is what Nicholas Kristof says (excerpted).

‘I’m With Her’: The Strengths of Hillary Clinton
[Nicholas Kristof]

Nicholas Kristof NOV. 5, 2016

"ONE of the great misperceptions of this political year, among many Democrats and Republicans alike, is that Hillary Clinton is a third-rate candidate with no core or convictions — oops, wrong word, but you get the point.

So in this last column before the election I want to pitch you the reasons to vote for Clinton and not just against Donald Trump.

I’ve known Clinton a bit for many years, and I have to say: The public perception of her seems to me a gross and inaccurate caricature. I don’t understand the venom, the 'lock her up' chants, the assumption that she is a Lady Macbeth; it’s an echo of the animus a lifetime ago some felt for Eleanor Roosevelt.

(When Roosevelt spoke up for Japanese-Americans after Pearl Harbor, a letter in The Los Angeles Times thundered: 'When she starts bemoaning the plight of the treacherous snakes we call Japanese (with apologies to all snakes), she has reached the point where she should be forced to retire from public life.' Strong women sometimes drive people nuts.)

In fact, what makes Hillary Clinton tick has always been a 1960s-style idealism about making the world a better place.

Clinton has made thousands of compromises and innumerable mistakes, her pursuit of wealth has been unseemly and politically foolish, and it’s fair to question her judgment on everything from emails to Iraq. But understand this, too: At the core she is not a calculating crook but a smart, hard-working woman who is profoundly concerned with getting things done for those left behind.

Aside from shattering the glass ceiling for women, Clinton would bring three particular strengths to the presidency:

First, she knows the world exceptionally well and is essentially a very bright, disciplined nerd who traveled to more countries as secretary of state than any of her predecessors.

Second, Clinton had a history of playing well with Republicans when she was in the Senate and secretary of state, so there’s some small hope that we could inch back to governing.

“She is extremely well respected throughout the world, handles herself in a very classy way, and has a work ethic second to none,” Senator Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican, said in 2012.

Senator John McCain, the Arizona Republican, described her in 2013 as 'a very effective secretary of state.' Even Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader, said of her in 2014, 'We’re good friends.'

(snip)​

Third, Clinton cares deeply about impoverished children and others who are voiceless. In Arkansas, she started an early childhood program. In Washington, she helped establish CHIP, the Children’s Health Insurance Program, which supports more than eight million needy American kids.

(snip)​

Of course, for many, the greater appeal of Clinton is that she’s not Trump. He simply falls outside the norms: A fraudster who seems a racist, who has cheated people not only at Trump University but regularly through his career, who boasts of sexual assaults and whom 17 women have publicly accused of improper behavior, who has flip-flopped 138 times by one count, who lies every five minutes by another, and who has less public service experience than any incoming president in history.

But my point is that this election is not just a weighing of two scoundrels; Clinton is better than that, and she is in politics because she cares about something larger than herself.

In 1993, The New York Times Magazine published a famous article about Clinton titled “Saint Hillary,” mocking her as a befuddled do-gooder trying to help the unfortunate. The article ridiculed her as naïve, sanctimonious and incoherent, but it also captured something real about her earnestness and motivations.

In contrast, today’s widely held caricature of an avaricious, selfish and manipulative crook is to me just plain wrong. Sure, she compromises, she sometimes dissembles and at times her judgment has been flawed. But fundamentally she is a morally serious person whose passion for four decades has been to use politics to create a more just society. That’s her real conviction."

Link...http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/06/opinion/sunday/im-with-her-the-strengths-of-hillary-clinton.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=0

AGBF

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1478378830|4094203 said:
It'll all come down to NC. If HC wins NC the party is over for Trump. In order for Trump to win he must pitch a perfect game on Tuesday.

I did my part yesterday to (hopefully) help ensure she doesn't win NC. :pray:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Supreme. Court.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1478397093|4094333 said:
Dancing Fire|1478378830|4094203 said:

I did my part yesterday to (hopefully) help ensure she doesn't win NC. :pray:

You voted for the Proud Pussy Grabber Bragger. :appl:

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am a Hillary donor, volunteer, and voter, because she's never done anything I wouldn't do (in terms of the questionable things she's been proven to have done, vs wild speculation) and has done many many things I wish I could be so strong and competent to do. While I went straight to biglaw, she served the public interest. While I've put myself before my country and community, she worked to make other people's lives better. Like Hillary, I went to a top law school and met my husband there. And I admire the hell out of what she did with her raw talent and opportunities. She has been an ardent advocate for disability rights. For womens rights. For children's health. Is she perfect? No. Neither are any of the other politicians I admire (like Chuck Grassley and Elizabeth Warren). But she's been a fierce public servant, not just for America, but the world.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hillary has done a great deal for this country. She's not perfect, but no politician is.

However, Trump basically thinks it is fine to sexually assault women, talk about it being ok to sexually assault women. He can say until he is blue in the face that "he is not that person anymore" but I will never believe it.

Here is a list of all the things this person (I use the term loosely.) thinks about women. Thank you to the wonder PSer who shared.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/po...tracker-every-offensive-comment-in-one-place/

How can everyone NOT tell that he thinks that HALF THE HUMAN POPULATION, THE FEMALE HALF, IS WORTHLESS? How could anyone, male or female, think that this person should be the leader and representative of the United States?

I BELIEVE THAT WOMEN WILL BE LESS SAFE IF HE BECOMES PRESIDENT, BY VIRTUE OF HIM BEING PRESIDENT.

That and the fact that he spouts so many insane comments, that unsubstantiated and make no sense. I rather think he would be a candidate for an institution for the mentally disturbed. (Is that the correct PC term?) If he actually believes the stuff that comes out of his mouth, then everyone is in big trouble. If he is saying that to win the election, then everyone is in big trouble. He is just a hot mess...a mess with heat applied.

And that is why I support Hillary.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1478404104|4094375 said:
Hillary has done a great deal for this country. She's not perfect, but no politician is.

And that is why I support Hillary.
:hand: ...you mean a great deal for her own pockets... :$$): :$$): :whistle:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results