shape
carat
color
clarity

Why are IDJ diamond bands less $$ than others?

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
ID Jewelry obviously has great prices on their diamond bands, especially their eternity bands. I would be more concerned about the relatively low prices (when compared to many other preferred vendors) if PSers weren't so enthusiastic about them. Not that I'm complaining about the lower prices, but is there anything to be concerned about when it comes to quality from IDJ? Any idea why they are less expensive than say BGD, WF or other PS vendors? TIA!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ordered one that GOG also carries ID's price was 250 less for the same band. I think they are just willing to make less per piece and do higher volume. Different business model. As for BGD... BGD custom makes each piece to order in their store. For the most part they don't do outside vendor stuff (a few exceptions) ... so again, different business model. ID doesn't do custom work in house.

I've ordered a band from them, a pair of spectacular earrings and I'm getting in a diamond from them this week to view.

glonciaurj

Rough_Rock
I didn't hear before any ware. Let me know about IDJ diamond bands prices details :confused:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a different experience, although from the start they were nice, they messed up my band not once, but twice after assuring me of quality check, and right before shipping I asked them to please double check the item (I had a sinking feeling something wasn't right and sure enough, first time, wrong size - after waiting six weeks, then the second time, came in half when I requested full eternity) and I paid shipping the one time just to get it redone (tired of waiting around for them to get back to me) they paid for the first time. Anyways, the piece I bought took three months to get it corrected! by then, I lost my interest and sold it off once I received the corrected version, I just didn't have a great experience... Anyways, tried to order something else later to give them a second chance but they didn't really cared to keep my business. I actually won't be going back to them. I dont think I need to tell them I'm a PSer to get any special attention, but seems to work for some people. The band I recieved the diamonds were white but lacked sparkle for me though but it was a small and inexpensive sapphire eternity ring. Good luck.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had a different experience with IDJ, too. If you deal with them, I'd say be very specific about what you want. Here's my story:

Last March, after several emails back and forth with IDJ's Luann, I ordered a pink sapphire/diamond eternity ring. The style is owned by several other PSers. I was quoted a very fair price and given a 4-6 week lead time. Six weeks later, no news, so I call. Luann says they are having a hard time getting the pink sapphires. I ask: should we change the order? no, another order is expected in the next week or so. Four weeks later, I call again. They had shipped the day before.

Imagine my surprise when I open the box and see the ring, but there are no pink stones. Did they send me another customer's all diamond ring? I call. No, it's sapphire, but very light pink sapphire. I could see no color, but agree to live with it a while, thinking it looks all diamond. Problem: the sapphires are colorless in sunshine, but appear gray in many indoor lights. Back it goes, more emails. I"m quoted a price nearly double the original, until I remind them what I'd already paid, and want to stay at or near it. (I knew gold had shot up, and was okay with adding a little $, but not that much.) We finally settle on blue topaz, because they are having the same trouble with blue sapphire as the pink, supposedly. I agree with blue topaz, but make it clear: I want it to be a soft blue, not white and not bright.

Another 10 weeks go by. I'm about to call when I get a call from Yukateil. The ring came in, but it is highly polished, no milgrain. Honestly, I'm sure the ring would be lovely with out it, but at that point, I dug my heels in. It's been like 22 weeks since the first order. I want milgrain. One week later, I got the ring. It's lovely, but I sure wish I'd identified myself as a PSer, or gone with my second choice ring, which was less expensive and with another vendor. Also, I still don't have a pink ring, in honor of my daughter's birthstone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh you have to Identify yourself as a PSer, totally. They have various different qualities of goods. I've always dealt directly with Yekutiel and he's been perfect each time for me.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1317689536|3032524 said:
Oh you have to Identify yourself as a PSer, totally. They have various different qualities of goods. I've always dealt directly with Yekutiel and he's been perfect each time for me.

But shouldn't a company have consistent quality for each customer, regardless of whether they use the PS card?

I had planned to order as a Christmas present a sapphire and diamond band (same one that Vespergirl ordered) and until today, hadn't read anything negative about IDI. This thread has certainly enlightened me and I'm second guessing if I should place my order with them. I don't think I need to tag at the end of of each email or phone call, that I'm a PSer just to get quality and consistent service.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Feb... I meant identify yourself for the quality of goods. If you tell him you are PSer he knows that you will be expecting a certain level of quality with the stones, etc. There are many people who don't need the quality of diamonds we do, and are happy with lower quality and lower price.

The first time I called him I called about a pair of earrings listed on the site and asked questions. Luan got nervous and said... "are you a pricescoper by any chance?" And when I said yes I was asked to hold for Yekutiel. He told me point blank that those were not PS quality and asked what I wanted, I told him and he emailed me pics of a pair that were the same price and just stunning. I agreed and paid and had it sent to my MIL (they were a gift for her). Got there in time for the holiday and when I saw them they REALLY knocked my socks off.

Second time I called I asked for Yekutiel, told him what I wanted he called back with a price and I said "great here's the payment information, " and he placed the order. Band arrived, just right, in the time frame he estimated (he had to order it in for me).

Third time I was looking for an OEC and he found me one that has our old cut experts really loving the cut.

That's how it's been for me. If you are worried give him a call and double check the details with him. He's VERY approachable.

Yekutiel

Shiny_Rock
TR5069 is one of the nicest rings we carry at IDJ, however it is not a piece that we make on our own premises. It's made by a small family owned and operated business that try hard to make sure the quality of each ring is impeccable. It is for this reason that we at IDJ are happy to carry their line. However, because of the amazing look of TR5069 it popularity has sky rocketed (not only with PSers, but unilaterally online and instore) and it is for this reason that some orders get miscommunicated and can take an extremely long time to complete. We try to do everything that we can to let each and every customer that wants to purchase this ring know that these rings do take longer than usual. We also offer anyone ordering this ring on the website or through pricescope The opportunity not to have their credit card charged until the actual ring comes in (even on special orders). This is because we know, and caution our customers that this style dose take a while to get in. For those who are patient and willing to wait the end product is stunning. We really do feel badly for those who have waited patiently and were still unsatisfied with the result but we would like to take this moment to remind them that each ring is Custom made to their specifications. Making one ring at a time is special and personal however at the same time very hard to complete for the reason being that they are not mass produced. They are made one at a time the way you like it...wether it's green garnet, purple amethyst, blue sapphires, or all diamonds, so sometimes it's harder to gain access to all supplies for each ring...time is needed to form a layout of each component. But with time and patience we are always happy to send out a ring that is stunning, and at a fraction of the price.

Dealing with a business that is soley set on completing an outstanding ring is something that we are proud to support. It's like finding that perfect dress that didn't cost an arm and a leg, but gets you the most return on investment.

As for mentioning that you're a PSer... It doesn't make or brake the quality you get or the level of customer service. We try to make sure that each customer gets exactly what they want. However, being that PSer are part of a comunitee or "family" that share preferrances and pet peeves it does make our work easier. Items on PS are like videos that go viral...when one PSer gets something amazing, everyone in the family wants something just like it. So once we know where your coming from we know what you want. So for that reason we do encourage letting us know that you are a PSer so that we can better cater to your preferences.

D&T and KaeKae, We would like to take this moment and again appologize for any inconvenience and hope an unfavorable experience doesn't overshadow hundreds of completely satisfied "family" members. Being part of a family means loving each family member for their good traits and accepting mistakes that have been made inadvertently. TR5069 is a delicate and statement worthy peace of jewelry that does takes a while to get on your finger, but once it's there it's there for good.

As for Feb03Bride, you already know the worst case scenario so I don't think ordering the ring will be a problem...and thats not because you are a pricescoper.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, everyone, for your responses. I found them all very helpful and I am still planning on getting an IDJ eternity band at some point in the [hopefully] not too distant future! Yekutiel, I will be in NYC (from Los Angeles) after Christmas and I cannot wait to stop by and see some of your beauties IRL!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I so love that band! I have debated about whether to get one from ID Jewelry or get the Bev K. But I really do not enjoy paying for brand name mark-up!!!! Someone who had tried both felt they were the same quality. I just hate buying something I cannot see first!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yekultiel. Thank you for responding to this thread. I think my post may come across more harshly than I intended. I just wanted to be sure you know that I really do love my ring. I wear it every day, with pride. What learned with this buying experience was to ask questions, and be clear in my vision. That way, we can communicate in the best ways. I know now, that had I identified myself as a PSer, you, too, may have had some questions for me. I'll remember, for next time.

vmajo1

Rough_Rock
HOW do i get in touch with Yekutiel????

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All their contact details are on their website idjewelryonline.com

You can send them an email, or it's probably quicker to just give them a call on the number on the website.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results