shape
carat
color
clarity

Whould you keep this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wishful_thinking

Rough_Rock
I bought this ring for the stunningly pink color of the pink champagne diamond. I was planning to have it custom set to my specs, however, the more I look at it the more I appreciate how beautiful the current custom setting is. This ring is supposed to be my upgraded engagment ring....does this look like an engagement ring setting? Should I change it?
Thank you for looking!

186778093_o.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
The height would drive me crazy, but that''s just me.
3.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think if you love it you should keep it.

Please don''t kill me, but I am not the biggest fan of the setting personally...but I''m not the one wearing it.
2.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I think it is a very pretty setting, altho the diamond is set to high for my taste. I still think It's really beautiful.

The question is do YOU love it! if so then you have your answer!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Would I, personally? No. I''d probably set the diamond in rose gold.
18.gif

But if you love it, you should keep it.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think that setting does your lovely stone justice. I think the prongs (or bezel) should be rose gold.

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock
I love your diamond!! I would just have to agree with everyone else that it would look better if it was set with rose gold prongs.

wishful_thinking

Rough_Rock
So would you change just the prongs? I was thinking maybe the entire ring in rose gold with either a diamond eternity band or pave? Any suggestions?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 2:52:19 PM
Author: wishful_thinking
So would you change just the prongs? I was thinking maybe the entire ring in rose gold with either a diamond eternity band or pave? Any suggestions?
I love RG eternity bands, that would be very pretty!

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I am not personally a fan of the setting, especially the height. Rose gold would look perfect with this stone!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Love the diamond but I have to agree it''s set pretty high.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
I would change the head into a stuller and leave the rest as is....

wishful_thinking

Rough_Rock
If I go rose gold for I was thinking something simple may be best...but then I found this....what do you think???

mg663r-1.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a pretty rose gold setting, where did you find it? I have a pink champagne diamond, and I set it with just rose gold prongs in white gold. I''m still debating the choice. I think it should have been set in all rose gold. It looks very coppery, but I think there''s way more pink in the stone than the setting does it justice for.

How big is the center stone btw (curious). Also, I think the setting that it is currently in is a little outdated. I do think the accent diamonds in that setting are very nice though, and it would be nice if you could reuse them somehow in a new setting.

That''s a beautiful champagne diamond. I would definitely do rose gold!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is pretty, but I would probably change it. It does sit rather high, and I prefer the other setting that you posted.

wishful_thinking

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 5:09:10 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
That's a pretty rose gold setting, where did you find it? I have a pink champagne diamond, and I set it with just rose gold prongs in white gold. I'm still debating the choice. I think it should have been set in all rose gold. It looks very coppery, but I think there's way more pink in the stone than the setting does it justice for.

How big is the center stone btw (curious). Also, I think the setting that it is currently in is a little outdated. I do think the accent diamonds in that setting are very nice though, and it would be nice if you could reuse them somehow in a new setting.

That's a beautiful champagne diamond. I would definitely do rose gold!
Here's the website for the setting....
http://www.antiquejewelrymall.com/r663r.html

Oh.... the stone is 1 ct.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
That setting is MUCH MUCH prettier IMO. That would be great with your stone.

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
The diamond is beautiful, but the setting is a bit too much for me. I prefer simple, so I''d probably change it.

However, it sounds like you''re developing an appreciation for it, and if you like it, keep it! Whatever you decide to do with it, congrats on the pretty stone! :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is really beautiful, I think it deserves an art deco rose gold setting like you saw. I think that would not only be stunning, but definitely unique and brilliant. It would really bring out the pink in that stone as well. BTW, here''s my champagne pink in a white gold setting with rose gold prongs. I think it was more pink before I set it, so I am definitely rethinking the full rose gold approach now. Thanks for giving me the website, they have gorgeous mounts!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pinkish-brown-and-coffee-brown-stones-set-in-logr-and-tacori-mounts.98283/

mrsv

Brilliant_Rock
While I think the setting does look like an engagement ring I don''t think it highlights the stone to its best advantage....
what are the mm of your stone? What size ring do you wear?
I think depending on the answers to the two questions about I would like one of two below...especially in rose gold or pink diamonds.
James Allen Ring One
WF Ring Two

wishful_thinking

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 10:10:34 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
That stone is really beautiful, I think it deserves an art deco rose gold setting like you saw. I think that would not only be stunning, but definitely unique and brilliant. It would really bring out the pink in that stone as well. BTW, here's my champagne pink in a white gold setting with rose gold prongs. I think it was more pink before I set it, so I am definitely rethinking the full rose gold approach now. Thanks for giving me the website, they have gorgeous mounts!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pinkish-brown-and-coffee-brown-stones-set-in-logr-and-tacori-mounts.98283/

check t the link I posted on your forum :)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with many others here - it's just not the best option for that lovely stone, as it doesn't allow it to really be the focal point.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I will have to agree with the consensus here - the diamond indeed has a beautiful pink tint, and I think that you can further enhance that beautiful color in another type of setting. Something in rose gold, as mentioned by several posters before me, would intensify the pink even more! A thin and delicate shank will also make the diamond pop and appear larger.

Good luck - can''t wait to see what you get!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where do you even get delicate pink gold micropave settings? I think that would probably be a good choice for this stone. Perhaps the art deco ring is a bit too heavy in the gold. You really want to set off the stone by minimizing everything else around it.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Personally the setting is WAY too high. I would kill it. But ultimately it''s YOUR ring. If you love it, you should keep it just the way it is.
1.gif

jenniebean

Rough_Rock
i like the ring, but i think the pink champagne diamond should be reset in rose gold lower then it currently is, i''d bang it up for sure...gorgeous though!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''d probably set that in rose gold too. Or maybe a rose gold bezel or halo with a white band. The color is just gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results