shape
carat
color
clarity

Whole body cleanse/detox?

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
I'm looking for a help body cleanse/ detox and need suggestions on the one that works best. I am a FTM and hoping someone can help me out. I used skinny girl in the past, but don't recall the outcome. If anyone has any other ideas I'm all ears. :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wouldn't eating better (maybe even all organic and/or vegan), getting the right exercise and sleep and looking for ways to change your life to lower stress be more naturally cleansing and detoxifying than any product they've invented?

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
What Kenny said. If you are really worried about your innards eat more natural fiber.
Signed,
A former science editor

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies! :)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I don't believe in a body "cleanse" or "detox." The body has it's own ways of naturally cleansing/detoxing itself. As kenny said, a lifestyle change (that included healthy eating habits, regular exercise, etc.) is the solution, not a quick fix that is supposedly meant to undo years of damage.
I recently had a conversation with a vegan friend of mine. He did an all juice "cleanse" for 14 days. He said that it was really tough and although he works out religiously (he actually trains for marathons, triathlons, etc.), he was unable to work out much during the cleanse due to a lack of energy. He also felt that it really messed with his cognitive/mental function during the cleanse.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1384725749|3558151 said:
I don't believe in a body "cleanse" or "detox." The body has it's own ways of naturally cleansing/detoxing itself. As kenny said, a lifestyle change (that included healthy eating habits, regular exercise, etc.) is the solution, not a quick fix that is supposedly meant to undo years of damage.
I recently had a conversation with a vegan friend of mine. He did an all juice "cleanse" for 14 days. He said that it was really tough and although he works out religiously (he actually trains for marathons, triathlons, etc.), he was unable to work out much during the cleanse due to a lack of energy. He also felt that it really messed with his cognitive/mental function during the cleanse.

I agree with all of this. The human body is an amazing thing capable of regenerating and cleansing itself. We are, unfortunately, what we eat so I'd start with a healthy diet and activity. Using products to manipulate the system into a false detox is unwise and unhealthy. Doctors certainly don't advise this and neither would I.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I don't think its necessary either--or safe if its a liquid or commercial liquid diet.

If you really want a "reboot" though, I would consider a happy herbivore "cleanse/diet" http://happyherbivore.com/2013/02/herbie-101-series-misc-questions/ Basically, you'll eat vegan and low fat for about a week or 10 days--or longer if you want. My best friend did it, and really enjoyed trying out the recipes. But, she is vegan anyways, so it was probably a little less challenging for her to get on board. You're eating real food, and the emphasis is health over anything else.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I don't think its necessary either--or safe if its a liquid or commercial liquid diet.

If you really want a "reboot" though, I would consider a happy herbivore "cleanse/diet" http://happyherbivore.com/2013/02/herbie-101-series-misc-questions/ Basically, you'll eat vegan and low fat for about a week or 10 days--or longer if you want. My best friend did it, and really enjoyed trying out the recipes. But, she is vegan anyways, so it was probably a little less challenging for her to get on board. You're eating real food, and the emphasis is health over anything else.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.whole9life.com/2010/12/whole30-2011/

Everything you need is on this website. If you need recipes, look to google and pinterest, just be sure to include "whole 30 recipes." You don't need to buy the book. I went to the bookstore and read it, it had nothing more than the website had, really. Maybe more scientific info and more recipes, but really, you can find all of that on the web. There are forums on this website, shopping lists, and recipes.

The whole 30 is the best "detox" that you can possibly do. You aren't starving yourself. You are changing lifelong eating habits for good. You are eliminating cravings (that happens at about day 17.) The side effect is that you usually end up looking great.

Most people go to paleo after the whole 30.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results