shape
carat
color
clarity

who would you like to meet IRL from PS?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:14:44 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 2/19/2009 7:00:10 PM
Author: Maisie
You are obviously having fun here and I don''t want to ruin it but you are making me feel like crap for posting my list. And no I am not having an insecure moment. Just an offended moment.
Maisie, honestly ... why would two people thinking its silly make you feel like cr*p? We''re just two people in the big wide world. Why not feel sorry for us for our bitter, closed hearts? I won''t be offended!
1.gif
HEY! I RESENT THAT!!!!

I am bitter though. I admit it. After years on PS, bigger diamonds than mine and hot ebay finds that I am obviously jealous of have done me in.

Maybe I need to take a break. Goodbye, Cruel Pricescope!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I felt like crap because I took the thread seriously and I guess we all ended up being mocked to be honest. I understand that you and TG don''t like this type of thread.. but if thats the case why not just avoid reading it?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Meet? IRL? There are so many . . . .

Skippy for sure.
SDL definitely.
TGal absolutely.
DF 'cause he peaks my curiosity. Everyday.
9.gif

Irishgirl, so I can tell her whether her butt looks too big in her jeans.
3.gif
(She said she would ask me . . . )
Deb (AGBF), so we can talk music, art, and jewelry, of course!
Lorelei, for her sense of humor.
31.gif

WishfulThinking, for some quiet conversation about serious matters. And not so serious matters.
2.gif

Haven, 'cause we're obviously related.
9.gif

Lots of others, for many varied reasons, not the least of which is they seem nice, cool, smart, or just friendly.

If I didn't mention a name, please don't think I've excluded you from my list.

I'd even like to meet some of the posters who might think 'differently' about me. I find pretty nearly everyone intriguing in their own way; and that would make them very interesting to meet in person.

Now, if you're talking "whose bling do I want to see?", that's a whole 'nother list!
28.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 6:12:15 PM
Nobody. *ducks* Immma skeeeeeeerd. Ok, seriously, as much as I adore many many many posters -- threads like this always make me uncomfortable. Haven''t there been enough self-congratulatory mutual love fests around here lately?
31.gif
11.gif
3.gif
I tend to agree. Maybe its because no one ever lists me. lol
11.gif

Def lots of love fests lately, and in the paraphrased words of (I believe) perfectpear.....I don''t fart rainbows.
9.gif

But Maisie please don''t take offense! I''m with tgal on that one, it''s flattering! Plus, I just called out tlh on another thread for her awesomness, so it''s not like I haven''t done it.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 6:48:20 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 2/19/2009 6:41:19 PM

Date: 2/19/2009 6:32:02 PM
I''m ODing.
3.gif
Ditto. But that''s JMHO ... love-fest lovers: party on, excellent! Do look out for my upcoming threads though...

* DO YOU LIKE ME?

* WHY DO YOU LIKE ME SO MUCH?

* CAN YOU BE MORE SPECIFIC ABOUT WHY IT IS YOU LIKE ME AGAIN?

* DO THESE JEANS MAKE ME LOOK FAT?

* CAN I HAVE A HUG?

* WHO HERE STILL LIKES ME?

* IS THIS MIC ON? WHERE''D EVERYBODY GO?

31.gif
11.gif
25.gif
25.gif
And don''t forget

* PLEASE TELL ME YOU LIKE ME AGAIN AND AGAIN, IT''S CHEAPER THAN GOING TO THERAPY.

Warning to peeps like you and me Deco, coming soon to a forum near you will be this thread -

* SNARKY MEMBERS YOU COULD DO WITHOUT.
Uh oh. We could both be on that one!
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:18:17 PM
I felt like crap because I took the thread seriously and I guess we all ended up being mocked to be honest. I understand that you and TG don''t like this type of thread.. but if thats the case why not just avoid reading it?
I didn''t say I didn''t like this type of thread. I said I''m ODing on it lately. I participated in the one that Mara started (and named you as well, btw). But it was the holidays...I was caught at a weak moment and spewed mush, lol.

I can read whatever I''d like, and so can you. *Usually* I refrain from commenting (so no one knows I''m reading it, right?) but on this thread BEFORE Deco and I got to it, people have commented they don''t see the point of these threads. We were just add ons, not originals, hee.

There are plenty of PSers (I am assuming) that cringe when these types of threads get started. They obviously smarter than I am and don''t participate at all, even to comment. But hey, we can''t all the be the same on Pricescope, can we?

Why feel like crap? I hope you don''t because I think the people who listed you and you listed took it plenty seriously and appreciate it. The fact that Deco and I are "bitter" shouldn''t change that.
2.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:16:28 PM

Maybe I need to take a break. Goodbye, Cruel Pricescope!
You can''t leave! I''m leaving!

Hear that everyone! I''m leeeeeavvvvinnnnggggg!!!!

*crickets*

Crap. It works for everyone else.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:24:31 PM
Author: luckystar112

Date: 2/19/2009 6:12:15 PM
Nobody. *ducks* Immma skeeeeeeerd. Ok, seriously, as much as I adore many many many posters -- threads like this always make me uncomfortable. Haven't there been enough self-congratulatory mutual love fests around here lately?
31.gif
11.gif
3.gif
I tend to agree. Maybe its because no one ever lists me. lol
11.gif

Def lots of love fests lately, and in the paraphrased words of (I believe) perfectpear.....I don't fart rainbows.
9.gif

But Maisie please don't take offense! I'm with tgal on that one, it's flattering! Plus, I just called out tlh on another thread for her awesomness, so it's not like I haven't done it.
I excluded no one. Especially not you!
28.gif
Consider yourself named!

Ah, PurrfectPear. Now there's someone who would darn sure be interesting to meet. I bet she dresses as snappy as she talks.
3.gif
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Because I think there''s value in expressing the way this can be *perceived* by other people. Just as Diamondseeker threw up her warning about people''s feeling being potentially hurt ... MY warning is: this can come off as needy or self-indulgent. I''m *embarrassed* by threads like this to be perfectly frank. Perhaps you''re right that I just shouldn''t read them. I shouldn''t gawk at car accidents or animal maulings on TV either -- sometimes I do though.

The sweetest, most wonderful posters often times end up in these threads writing list after list after list of people so as not to hurt people''s feelings. I imagine its exhausting. I admire your patience and kindness ... just am not onboard for the umpteenth version in a freakin'' WEEK or two.
5.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:28:15 PM

Because I think there''s value in expressing the way this can be *perceived* by other people. Just as Diamondseeker threw up her warning about people''s feeling being potentially hurt ... MY warning is: this can come off as needy or self-indulgent. I''m *embarrassed* by threads like this to be perfectly frank. Perhaps you''re right that I just shouldn''t read them. I shouldn''t gawk at car accidents or animal maulings on TV either -- sometimes I do though.

The sweetest, most wonderful posters often times end up in these threads writing list after list after list of people so as not to hurt people''s feelings. I imagine its exhausting. I admire your patience and kindness ... just am not onboard for the umpteenth version in a freakin'' WEEK or two.
5.gif
They have lists saved they just copy and paste. Dey smart, dem nice posters...

And Deco, you watch reality crap...there''s NO WAY you can refrain from reading train wreck threads! Cheaper than therapy!!!!
3.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Ironically, Tgal and Deco are my favorite posters on the site! lol - no love fest here, I promise!
32.gif
9.gif

And back when I joined PS, Door Knob Solitaire was one of my favorite posters - unfortunately, she hasn''t been around in a while!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:27:53 PM
Author: HollyS

28.gif
Consider yourself named!
Aw, thanks Holly. I feel redeemed now. Forget what I said earlier about agreeing with deco and tgal and all that...they''re silly.
3.gif

Feel like making a trip to Houston when AmberGretchen gets here this summer? I''m thinking we might have a massive TX get together.
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Deco and TGal, our resident cynics . . . . gosh, if we didn''t like you two, you could really be a couple of downers.
26.gif

Heck, your ''tudes are probably why we like you. If ever we need perspective, there you are -- one or both of you.
11.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do see it from your side too. I don''t think I have participated in the other love fests you speak of... or if I have I can''t remember. Medication you know.

Well I won''t say anything else.. other than I don''t want to know how big my butt looks as I turn to walk away
2.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:36:40 PM
Author: luckystar112

Date: 2/19/2009 7:27:53 PM
Author: HollyS

28.gif
Consider yourself named!
Aw, thanks Holly. I feel redeemed now. Forget what I said earlier about agreeing with deco and tgal and all that...they''re silly.
3.gif

Feel like making a trip to Houston when AmberGretchen gets here this summer? I''m thinking we might have a massive TX get together.
9.gif
Houston . . . in the summer . . . .
32.gif
Could we talk her into coming closer to Dallas? Where it will be merely hot, instead of god awful?
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:37:34 PM
I do see it from your side too. I don''t think I have participated in the other love fests you speak of... or if I have I can''t remember. Medication you know.

Well I won''t say anything else.. other than I don''t want to know how big my butt looks as I turn to walk away
2.gif
Don''t worry about your butt. I''ll only have eyes for your new honker of a diamond.
2.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock

2.gif
Just get a pair that has buttons on the back pocket. Those make any butt look cute!
1.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:40:40 PM

2.gif
Don''t worry about your butt. I''ll only have eyes for your new honker of a diamond.
2.gif
haha, now that has perked me up a bit! I am off to watch the video again.. for the umpteenth time.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:42:16 PM
Author: joflier

2.gif
Just get a pair that has buttons on the back pocket. Those make any butt look cute!
1.gif
Have you seen my butt? You think its the moon rising at night but its actually me getting out of the bath!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:44:46 PM

Date: 2/19/2009 7:42:16 PM
Author: joflier

2.gif
1.gif
Have you seen my butt? You think its the moon rising at night but its actually me getting out of the bath!
Teehee. Your funny.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and TG... I went back and found where you mentioned me in Mara''s thread. You said some lovely things and I feel very mushy now. I think I might have to give you a hug
hug7.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 6:13:52 PM
Author: gwendolyn

Date: 2/19/2009 6:00:17 PM
Author: MC

Date: 2/19/2009 5:42:25 PM

Author: diamondseeker2006

Oh DF, did you have to make this thread?
7.gif
These always result in people''s feelings getting hurt especially when people choose to list specific names.
There seems to be a bunch of these thread floating around lately!!!

I remember a while back, there was a thread started asking who are your favorite PS members and it went on for pages. . .some people complained about it saying peoples'' feelings would be hurt and reponses to that included along the lines of, ''well, if you''re feelings are that easily hurt, you shouldn''t be reading that thread.'' Yikes!!!

I agree. . .I don''t see the purpose in starting these threads.
Maybe DF is trying to sniff out if he''s got any lady admirers?
27.gif
hope not, please don''t ruin my PS image.
25.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:33:19 PM
Author: Cleopatra
Ironically, Tgal and Deco are my favorite posters on the site! lol - no love fest here, I promise!
32.gif
9.gif

And back when I joined PS, Door Knob Solitaire was one of my favorite posters - unfortunately, she hasn't been around in a while!
DKS lurks so am sure this would bring a smile to her face. I'll make sure to pass it along to her.

TGal and Deco, you guys rock. Pun intended.

I can't make a list, I have CRS.
3.gif

Thanks Maisie!!!
35.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:53:46 PM
Oh and TG... I went back and found where you mentioned me in Mara''s thread. You said some lovely things and I feel very mushy now. I think I might have to give you a hug
hug7.gif
Well yeah, once a year on thanksgiving (my fav holiday because it''s all about food and not commercial) I can do these things. Around Valentine''s Day? No way, Jose!!
41.gif

DF, you have a lot to answer for buddy...how much popcorn do you go through when you do your hit and run threads?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 8:00:17 PM

hug7.gif
DF, you have a lot to answer for buddy...how much popcorn do you go through when you do your hit and run threads?
what do you mean by "hit and run threads?"

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 8:07:54 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

hug7.gif
what do you mean by ''hit and run threads?''
It means I''m gonna freakin'' hit you so you better godd*mn run!!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Maisie: Mwuah! Sorry if I contributed to you feeling bad. I was just enjoying the darker side and being silly.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 8:07:54 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

hug7.gif
what do you mean by ''hit and run threads?''
Ya know, you drop a stink bomb and then run..... You love this stuff....
11.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ''love'' has begun to fester. I agree with those who find these threads pointless (this one was started by Dancing Fire, though). It''s true that I don''t have to read them. But, like Deco, I suffer from morbid curiosity.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure if I want to find out what''s behind the avatars...yet. I really like being anonymous and imagining what posters are like.

To be honest, I like the fantasy.

These so-called snarky posters who tell it like it is might turn out to be duds in real life.

With frozen-spit, airbrushed rocks.
11.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results