shape
carat
color
clarity

Who would you have make this setting?

Sagefemme

Shiny_Rock
Here's a setting I like. If someone were making it for me I might change a few things (the triple claw prongs seem a little big and excessive, for example) but overall it does what I want. LOW profile is important to me. I don't have a stone yet but I'm working on that. The candidates are OECs between 8.6 and 9.1 mm in diameter (2.75-3.0 K):

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/s...cialize in that stuff may not be what I need.

David Klass Jewelry (look on FB)

The size stone you are looking for will be substantially deeper than the 1.55ct in the picture - it will sit higher off your hand than this pictured version by necessity.

Thank you for the recommendation about David Klass. I'll take a look. Yes, I know my bigger stone will prevent an ultra low profile, but I want it as low as possible (culet as close to my finger as possible while still being protected). I also have the problem of one of the stones girdle being "extremely thin to slightly thick" which, if I choose that stone, means I should consider a bezel? Or don't buy that stone if I don't want a bezel.

That vendor might be willing to make it for you. That's your best bet. Have you called them about it?

Yes, that vendor (Leigh Jay Nacht) is the obvious choice; however the website says clearly they don't do custom work. That particular setting is only available as that complete ring. I don't want an exact copy, I have already tweaked it a little in my mind. So I need a good custom jewelry maker. The stone (when I make a final choice) is from OWD. Adam there says his guy can make anything. I just haven't seen many examples/pictures of OWD settings. Can anyone point me to some threads?

Sagefemme|1448954173|3955914 said:
Yes, that vendor (Leigh Jay Nacht) is the obvious choice; however the website says clearly they don't do custom work. That particular setting is only available as that complete ring. I don't want an exact copy, I have already tweaked it a little in my mind. So I need a good custom jewelry maker. The stone (when I make a final choice) is from OWD. Adam there says his guy can make anything. I just haven't seen many examples/pictures of OWD settings. Can anyone point me to some threads?

I haven't seen custom work by Adam. But I know he's going some gorgeous settings. If it were me, I'd be calling Brilliantly Engaged.

The ring you linked has triple prongs because it has a fishtail head, and triple prongs are what goes with a fishtail head. (Just fyi.) The upside-down V spanner piece is the fishtail.

Funny about the fish tails! Last night after I posted I started Googling "fishtail prongs" and saw enough pics that I started getting the idea of how the prongs look like fish tails. There are plenty of them out there. They started growing on me as I perused the pictures. There are also some that are triples but more like bear claws (and don't have the same profile look). Is that a real thing (bear claw prongs)?

It makes me interested in the history of Art Deco jewelry. I should probably learn more before I choose a setting.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP