shape
carat
color
clarity

who will inherit your jewelry collection?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ladies
35.gif

remember to keep DF in mind when you do your will and trust.
2.gif

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Well, if I end up with no kids, which may be a possibility due to all our infertility issues, I am leaving all my goodies to my darling niece. She is the only niece I have, and I adore her as if she were my own daughter. She is gonna have fun with all my Tiff & Co. pieces and my fettish for stacking bands! Of course she shouldn''t scoff at my 2 ct. Oval ER either.
2.gif
I really hope I have a daughter to pass it to or a son who marries a great girl to give it all to, but I would have no problem at all giving it to my niece.
1.gif

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Great question. I have pondered this as well. Hopefully my son will marry a great girl and she or the grandchild can have it. otherwise my niece as well.

It is strange to think that diamonds will definatly out last you iykwim.

d2b

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''M TAKING IT ALL WITH ME, AND YOU CAN''T STOP ME!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
27.gif

LOL! Seriously, I''ve been thinking about this too, and I don''t have any clue. DH and I don''t plan on having kids. I do have two nieces and two nephews (DH''s sisters'' kids), so maybe I''ll pass some of it on to them???
33.gif

Good topic!
21.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG how morbid!

I am taking it with me!!

I plan to leave my sons most of it, and my niece. I hope I have nice daughter in laws and or granddaughters!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have 3 boys, and if any of them have a girl, I will leave it to them. Otherwise, it's all going to my nieces. I don't want it going to a DIL in case they get divorced. I don't want her to end up with it, it stays in the family.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 10:30:55 AM
Author: Ellen
I have 3 boys, and if any of them have a girl, I will leave it to them. Otherwise, it''s all going to my nieces. I don''t want it going to a DIL in case they get divorced. I don''t want her to end up with it, it stays in the family.
Ditto! I couldn''t agree more.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen, my thoughts too. I will have to be very certain my daughter in law is a keeper. I do not want my stuff going out of my family. I have one great niece and otherwise I have to hope for granddaughters!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 10:43:36 AM
Author: diamondfan
Ellen, my thoughts too. I will have to be very certain my daughter in law is a keeper. I do not want my stuff going out of my family. I have one great niece and otherwise I have to hope for granddaughters!
Trust me, I am definitely hoping for granddaughters, for a variety of reasons!
2.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope to be able to sell mine before I kick off.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 10:58:35 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I hope to be able to sell mine before I kick off.
Same here. Quick sale, then a longgggg cruise.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um. Not planning for kids here either...But I have 3 nieces from one of my brothers and 2 nieces from the other...not to mention the 2 nephews that I have (one from each). I hate to say it but I don''t think I''d pass any jewelry to BF''s nephews...I don''t think they''d value it very much at all-because they haven''t been raised around it.

I don''t know who I''d give my mom''s diamond solitaire ring to though...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My kids will get my jewelry. They have already expressed which ones they want. I intend to give them pieces before I croak. I think it will work out well. They luckily don''t want the same pieces. Phew, lol.
11.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, I don''t know; I guess to someone in my family that loves diamonds and gemstones. if not then charity.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
7/8/2008 12:01:41 PM

Author:
Skippy123

Oh gosh, I don't know; I guess to someone in my family that loves diamonds and gemstones. if not then charity.

Planning on any of those people in your family being your children, Skippy, or have you not made up your mind on that yet? (Not to ask personal questions or anything.)

Deb
17.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Being my daughter has no interest at all in jewelry, I will give mine to my grandson''s wives IF they are keepers and IF I live that long to see them marry. tee hee.

One of my hubby''s nieces is very special to me, so I will give her a few things, before I croak too.

Linda

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
This is a good question...I am currently working on my estate for the future and am working on catologing and appraising jewelry,artwork ect.I am single and if i dont get married then i will leave the bulk of my jewelry to my twin sister.I dont believe that just because some one is family that they will appreciate my jewelry,so i am leaving certain pieces to siblings and others to close friends that showed appreciation for that piece.This process helps seperate the keepers from the items that can be sold or given away early that someone else can enjoy righ now.I recently gave a nephew a ring he admired and he lost it...so now i see that the Rolex or better jewelry would be better recieved by someone else.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 1:44:43 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 7/8/2008 1:33:34 PM

Author: Linda W

Being my daughter has no interest at all in jewelry, I will give mine to my grandson''s wives IF they are keepers and IF I live that long to see them marry. tee hee.

One of my hubby''s nieces is very special to me, so I will give her a few things, before I croak too.

Linda

Be still my heart.
23.gif

LOL, Amazing isn''t it???? She doesn''t even like my Padparadscha Sapphires
39.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 10:30:55 AM
Author: Ellen
I have 3 boys, and if any of them have a girl, I will leave it to them. Otherwise, it''s all going to my nieces. I don''t want it going to a DIL in case they get divorced. I don''t want her to end up with it, it stays in the family.
I agree...mine will be going to my daughter even if I have a son. Not only for the reason mentioned above but because little girls love their mother''s jewelry. I remember playing with my mom''s stuff when I was young and even though now I know none of it is really high quality stuff, it''s SENTIMENTAL to me in a way that it would never be to my sister in law. Because of that, my mother will be leaving most of her stuff to me, with a couple of things going to my brother (they are pieces given to her to celebrate his birth, so I think it''s only fair.) PLUS, *I* bought my mom all her nice jewelry later on in life.

When I got engaged, I was deciding between two stones. The stone that we didn''t buy, I bought for my mom to thank her for all those years of raising us. I would imagine that ring will come back to me, in which case I will have two diamonds to pass on...so I am debating on passing that one to second child (IF I have one and IF it is a son). Or I may just give both to Amelia. In the case that I have two daugthers, Amelia would get my e-ring, the second the grandmother''s ring, and they''d get one bezel stud each.
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no children yet, but DH and I may start trying soon.

If for some reason we are unable to have children, and my sister doesn''t have any more, I will leave them to my brand new niece.
1.gif

I have an heirloom engagement ring from my Great Grandmother that the oldest grand-daughter has always received. My niece will definitely get that piece.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I have a daughter someday most of it will go to her. Maybe my e-ring will go to a son if I have a son someday so he can use the center stone if he *wants* to, or else he can give the stone to his future wife in a pendant (I wouldn't want to force my ring on his future wife) or if he is already married then it might go to a grandson. If there are other people in my family who happen to love certain pieces I might give them to them.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 12:00:03 PM
Author: Kaleigh
My kids will get my jewelry. They have already expressed which ones they want. I intend to give them pieces before I croak. I think it will work out well. They luckily don''t want the same pieces. Phew, lol.
11.gif
May I ask what process you used to get them to say what they wanted? Our daughter asked that the Piaget watch and the huge aqua be left for her years ago. Our son, DIL, and grandgirls have not stated which particular pieces they would like. Even when prompted, I get nada, or "Just leave me what you think I''d like."

I''m hoping you''ll help me out with this, Kaleigh
1.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My daughter hates jewelry. I guess if my heirs don't want it, they can go ahead and sell it, along with the rest of my stuff.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 3:28:32 PM
Author: isaku5

11.gif
May I ask what process you used to get them to say what they wanted? Our daughter asked that the Piaget watch and the huge aqua be left for her years ago. Our son, DIL, and grandgirls have not stated which particular pieces they would like. Even when prompted, I get nada, or ''Just leave me what you think I''d like.''

1.gif
They were used to Nanny saying now when I go make sure this and this goes to so and so. It came up in a conversation, so I asked them which pieces they wanted. I wasn''t surprised at their answers, as they have always been consistent in which pieces they really love. DD is getting a 12 carat Aqua ring that Nanny gave me, it''s going to be her graduation present from College. I have never worn it . DD has long thin fingers, so it will look great on her. Plus she has always loved this ring. It will be special as she loved Nanny so much, and in a way, Nanny will be celebrating her college graduation with her. Oh that was sappy, sorry.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 12:08:22 PM
Author: AGBF

Planning on any of those people in your family being your children, Skippy, or have you not made up your mind on that yet? (Not to ask personal questions or anything.)

Deb
17.gif
I have some time since I am in my early 30's.
2.gif
hehe If it doesn't go to my children it might go to one of my 3 nephews and I have a darling goddaughter.

I have a friend has the most amazing jewelry and her daughter hates it! I told my friend that is nuts! lol If her son marries she will give her jewelry to her son's wife but I can't imagine her daughter hating it but I guess some people do!

Lisa, sweet story!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow. i''ve never thought about this before. hum...
i don''t have any brothers or sisters and i''m the only grandchild... if i end up not having children, then i have no idea. i have all of my mother''s jewelry + my cousin''s and some of her mother''s jewelry in addition to my own
6.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I am crossing my fingers that we have a girl, because she will get all my jewelry. My only niece is not close to me at all and her family tends to abuse gifts of this nature (ahem...if you catch my drift) so I would hate to let her have my stuff only to pawn it off. Maybe if we don''t have a girl one of my close friends will. My brother and his intended can''t have kids cause his lady is already in her late 40''s.

If no one has a girl, then just bury me in it. Thanks
9.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 3:40:33 PM

Date: 7/8/2008 3:28:32 PM
Author: isaku5

11.gif
May I ask what process you used to get them to say what they wanted? Our daughter asked that the Piaget watch and the huge aqua be left for her years ago. Our son, DIL, and grandgirls have not stated which particular pieces they would like. Even when prompted, I get nada, or ''Just leave me what you think I''d like.''

1.gif
They were used to Nanny saying now when I go make sure this and this goes to so and so. It came up in a conversation, so I asked them which pieces they wanted. I wasn''t surprised at their answers, as they have always been consistent in which pieces they really love. DD is getting a 12 carat Aqua ring that Nanny gave me, it''s going to be her graduation present from College. I have never worn it . DD has long thin fingers, so it will look great on her. Plus she has always loved this ring. It will be special as she loved Nanny so much, and in a way, Nanny will be celebrating her college graduation with her. Oh that was sappy, sorry.
Thanks, Lisa. No, not sappy at all.
1.gif
Very endearing as I know that you loved Nanny, and I''m not surprised that your kids did too.
30.gif

My aunt was the only one who loved jewellery, especially rings. She had given specific instructions as to where each ring should go in her will, but being the independant lady that she was, she neglected (on purpose?)to sign the will
20.gif

I''m the only one in the family with significant pieces (although nothing compared to yours, Lisa
9.gif
). When we updated our will, the lawyer suggested that I write a list of my things and the person who was to get each piece. I still haven''t made that list....

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
kaleigh,
i want to see the piaget watch!A quality watch that is very under appreciated...

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Hey...dont forget the sons and brothers when asking who wants what in the future...my brothers were very appreciative to recieve pieces from my mothers collection!I was in charge of the jewelry in her estate and everyone had a voice in the matter.My sisters rarely wear the jewelry they inherited,while my brother''s wifes wear moms pieces often and one brother and myself have taken pieces inherited from my mother and had stones reset in mens jewelry and i have re designed others...guys are setimental about their moms and sisters also.As Dancing fire reminds us...remember the men!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results