shape
carat
color
clarity

Who was involved in the selection and purchase of your Engagement Ring?

Who was involved in the selection and purchase of your Engagement Ring?

• I selected the diamond, he selected the setting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He proposed without a ring. I traded in my 2.05 D-VS2 oval for a 3.01 F-SI1 pear. Even reused the mounting by changing the peg head. Loaned him some money for the difference but asked him to sign an IOU because I watched Judge Judy :lol-2:

Wore this ring for 20+ years before I got into the CBI craze. Do plan to wear my pear on our next cruise. Notice 80s style channel set?

small_P7210726c.jpg

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He proposed without a ring. I traded in my 2.05 D-VS2 oval for a 3.01 F-SI1 pear. Even reused the mounting by changing the peg head. Loaned him some money for the difference but asked him to sign an IOU because I watched Judge Judy :lol-2:

Wore this ring for 20+ years before I got into the CBI craze. Do plan to wear my pear on our next cruise. Notice 80s style channel set?

small_P7210726c.jpg

Very sweet!!! Love the ring....total throw back!! :cool2:

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Total gorgeous! Congrats!

FM

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It never occurred to me to let him do it all. I always though since I’m wearing it I would choose it. I knew we were going to get married anyway. He had to come with me to the jewelers cause he had to bust out the credit card. Hmmm. I thought it was nice of me to let him see what he was buying.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No..no, no, no. If left to my husband, I would have had some kind of sad thing from goodness knows where....Sportman’s Warehouse maybe? I can see it now, “But it’s a PINK camo ring! It will look great with our travel trailer!” :confused2:

That redneck is not allowed to shop for anything that I wear. On the other hand, I buy his clothes when he needs to be presentable.

It must be said that the big surprise in my life is the man himself. I never thought in a million years that anyone as sweet or as kind as him would love a woman like me. I’m totally fine with the fact that I GET to pick out my own jewelry. :kiss2:

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
We shopped together at first to see what we liked. Then, I picked out the shape (asscher or princess) parameters (color, clarity) and setting style (x-prong). I even researched the jewelers. But he bought it himself alone. It was important to him.

Then he tried to surprise me with the proposal. But I figured out and stopped him from proposing as he was about to. There was a dead deer head staring down at me in the room he was proposing, and I couldn't deal with that being a part of the memory. So we went outside, where he proposed in the rain. Better than with a dead deer looking on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results