shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
From the thrift shop this week:
An unmarked Staffordshire sugar bowl dating to about 1810-1825. IMG_20210326_153925.jpg

And these two flow blue dishes, made by Mercer Pottery, Trenton NJ. Dating to about 1890.
IMG_20210326_154015.jpg

And from a different thrift shop, I bought a bag of miscellaneous costume jewelry. In the bag was this nice 20" three strand necklace of rice pearls with a 14k clasp.
IMG_20210326_155824726.jpg

And on a more serious note, my antique mall was broken into on Tuesday. As some of you know, I run a small booth in an antique mall.
Some fools used a stolen car to smash through the front doors. They stole some choice Native American jewelry from the front cases. They left the car there and took off on foot.
All of it is on security video. New doors have already been installed, and the shop is back in business. The thieves did not disturb the rest of the store, so my booth was untouched.

Oh how upsetting and inconvenient
Glad your both was ok and im so glad you rescued those pearls
glad your

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@stracci2000, that is terrible about the antique mall, thankful that your cases weren’t disturbed but still very scary.

People are getting desperate. On Tuesday I was at the dentist for an emergency appointment (lost a filling and need a crown now!) and my older son (14 years old) calls me and tells me someone with a black hooded sweatshirt was in our backyard. When he saw our son looking at him through the window he took off running. I think he was looking to break into our shed but it was terrifying because I was 30 minutes away.

The guy left and didn’t come back but damn that was scary.

Has everything been ok since?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bought this rose gold band off LT over the weekend, only $65 shipped!
736ADDA1-0773-4793-85E1-303DF87FFF4A.jpeg
D712081D-9FC0-415B-9B62-BAC70DD924EE.jpeg
B7560995-B7CA-4FED-97BF-58FA4A3F5350.jpeg
E998A12F-A41C-47AF-B222-6525BF9EBDD1.jpeg

Good find, Steph! It looks great with your pretty OMC.
I love the yellow and pink together!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good find, Steph! It looks great with your pretty OMC.
I love the yellow and pink together!

Thanks! Of course you have the supreme rose gold band find ;-)

I like having these plain bands because they are so versatile and best of all you don’t have to baby them.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! Of course you have the supreme rose gold band find ;-)

I like having these plain bands because they are so versatile and best of all you don’t have to baby them.

Yeah, I like to stack the plain bands. It's a good look.
They're not indestructible, but they can take a bit of abuse!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Picked this up today at the Habitat for Humanity Store for $2. Just need to find a shade.

60F196C8-BFB8-4211-A1AD-BFA111E9F6E8.jpeg
92593EE8-AA5F-461B-B86D-A93135199DB6.jpeg

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yesterday afternoon I was driving through our small town and saw a very neatly stacked pile out by the street. I drive a Ford Flex. It has an amazing amount of room once you put the second set of seats down. I had also gotten a few groceries and if you wanted to see a crazy woman cramming "junk" in her car, all you had to do was be on Spring Street in Waynesboro, Mississippi about 4:00 PM yesterday afternoon. Cars were slowing down to watch. Did I care? Absolutely not.

Those trunks have lighted garland in them and artificial flowers. Our son and his fiance are moving into a house in July and I see some projects for them. The smaller one would be excellent for putting their shoes in at the back door and the larger one would be beautiful at the end of their bed to hold linens. The tables and candles are mine....ALLLL mine. And those TWO tables.....cleaned up good as new.

Did I ever tell y'all that the house we live in during the week for work, my late mother's home were we grew up, is only about 25 minutes from Laurel, where Hometown on HGTV i is filmed? IMG_0825.jpg IMG_0824.jpg IMG_0821.jpg IMG_0819.jpg IMG_0818.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LorettaB, what great finds, up here we call them “curb alerts”. We had those candles too! Wish I still had all the old Christmas decorations.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Yesterday afternoon I was driving through our small town and saw a very neatly stacked pile out by the street. I drive a Ford Flex. It has an amazing amount of room once you put the second set of seats down. I had also gotten a few groceries and if you wanted to see a crazy woman cramming "junk" in her car, all you had to do was be on Spring Street in Waynesboro, Mississippi about 4:00 PM yesterday afternoon. Cars were slowing down to watch. Did I care? Absolutely not.

Those trunks have lighted garland in them and artificial flowers. Our son and his fiance are moving into a house in July and I see some projects for them. The smaller one would be excellent for putting their shoes in at the back door and the larger one would be beautiful at the end of their bed to hold linens. The tables and candles are mine....ALLLL mine. And those TWO tables.....cleaned up good as new.

Did I ever tell y'all that the house we live in during the week for work, my late mother's home were we grew up, is only about 25 minutes from Laurel, where Hometown on HGTV i is filmed?

@LorettaB Firstly, I literally always smile when I see your sweet pup's face on your avatar. :kiss2:

Secondly, I often laugh out loud at your descriptions of goings-on in your life.

And thirdly, "Home Town" is hands-down, one of our top fave HGTV shows!

Okay, back to regular programming. LOL!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LorettaB Firstly, I literally always smile when I see your sweet pup's face on your avatar. :kiss2:

Secondly, I often laugh out loud at your descriptions of goings-on in your life.

And thirdly, "Home Town" is hands-down, one of our top fave HGTV shows!

Okay, back to regular programming. LOL!

Thank you, thank you, and thank you!!!

You ought to WORK with me.....I keep things lively around here!!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, thank you, and thank you!!!

You ought to WORK with me.....I keep things lively around here!!

LOL! I'd probably have face-muscle cramps from laughing so much. :bigsmile:

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I call it curb shopping. But....this right here was my best curbside find ever. Last July I saw a little head pop up on the side of the street. A little dog someone had put out by a brown plastic milk crate she thought was her "home." Now, I don't usually stop like that, but I did that morning. I took her home and she's been with us ever since. She was outside until she had some sort of accident with a vehicle and had to recover. Since then, she's been an inside dog and y'all know what? Housetraining her was the easiest I have ever had with a dog. She really is that smart. I am "Loretta Long Bankston" on Facebook if you want to send a friend request and read about my adventures with everything in this world. I had that haul yesterday and a huge supply of old windows that were really good curbside shopping finds but BJ (Beulah Jane) was the very best of them all. That first photo is the day I found her. How very pitiful. The next photo was later that week. The last photo was when she had some weight on her. What a difference love makes! IMG_0834.JPG

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Beulah Jane—what Austina said! Best find ever! :love:

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
I call it curb shopping. But....this right here was my best curbside find ever. Last July I saw a little head pop up on the side of the street. A little dog someone had put out by a brown plastic milk crate she thought was her "home." Now, I don't usually stop like that, but I did that morning. I took her home and she's been with us ever since. She was outside until she had some sort of accident with a vehicle and had to recover. Since then, she's been an inside dog and y'all know what? Housetraining her was the easiest I have ever had with a dog. She really is that smart. I am "Loretta Long Bankston" on Facebook if you want to send a friend request and read about my adventures with everything in this world. I had that haul yesterday and a huge supply of old windows that were really good curbside shopping finds but BJ (Beulah Jane) was the very best of them all. That first photo is the day I found her. How very pitiful. The next photo was later that week. The last photo was when she had some weight on her. What a difference love makes! IMG_0834.JPG

She is a beauty! Glad you rescued her!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LorettaB, what great finds, up here we call them “curb alerts”. We had those candles too! Wish I still had all the old Christmas decorations.

How I wish I had a tree full of old Shiny Brite ornaments every Christmas!!!! I have a few and have found some at thrift stores but they are becoming harder to find at a reasonable price.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These were posted on our local free Facebook page last night. I believe they are etchings by Maurice Jacques. I needed something to hang on the wall with the Central Park picture I got recently so these are perfect!

FCDDD175-9D04-411C-B876-CCB9EC079FC6.jpeg
C8349525-C2E1-4961-A34D-477684BEE559.jpeg
C9EC4288-5546-4518-9E4D-737DF5482687.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going to a family get together and I couldn’t decide on a necklace. So I asked DH if this was too much and his response was “you can’t wear it when you’re dead.”

Fair game then.

D741085D-5D99-4EBA-92F3-71618FB2693C.jpeg

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Okay, so this isn't a true antique at all but I figure you gals might appreciate this one..

A tiny light up brooch cabinet with uranium glass in it! I have always adored uranium glass but will never have my own cabinet full so next best thing in miniature!

20210517_005149.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going to a family get together and I couldn’t decide on a necklace. So I asked DH if this was too much and his response was “you can’t wear it when you’re dead.”

Fair game then.

D741085D-5D99-4EBA-92F3-71618FB2693C.jpeg

Your DH is full of these nuggets of wisdom, isn't he? :lol:
It must be a laugh a minute at Casa Yada!
But he's right, wear the jewels now while you're still above ground!
And flash your new ring at them all, too!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so this isn't a true antique at all but I figure you gals might appreciate this one..

A tiny light up brooch cabinet with uranium glass in it! I have always adored uranium glass but will never have my own cabinet full so next best thing in miniature!

20210517_005149.jpg

Can you show us more pictures of this? I'm absolutely intrigued!

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Can you show us more pictures of this? I'm absolutely intrigued!

Of course! It's a little acrylic brooch with a small led light on the back that you can switch on and off. I took some day time pics with the light off.

The artist who made it drew each "glass piece" and I believe used a laser cutter type thing to make the brooches.

20210517_120105.jpg

20210517_120053.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results