shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's precious @Rubymal and I think it will make a great pendant!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I have tried a few things in the locket but have only worn it once empty, which I think is also beautiful. I just don’t think it goes well with my painting clothes, lol. I will post another pic when I wear it more appropriately. ;)2

Oops, I'm curious as to whether you've tried using the locket as a magnifying glass, as I just read about it online and never thought to try it! Please let me know how well it works! Thanks! :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out my new chair! I've been rocking in an upholstered rocker on a metal base that despite being oiled, squeaks terribly. The cat has also destroyed a whole side of it.

Went to the estate place around the corner today and found my new throne. Made by S. Bent Bros out of MA. Paid $45 for it :)

IMG_8600.JPG IMG_8602.JPG

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
@Rubymal What a sweet pin! I love the engraving. Please come and post when the conversion is complete.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, I'm curious as to whether you've tried using the locket as a magnifying glass, as I just read about it online and never thought to try it! Please let me know how well it works! Thanks! :)

I did some unscientific testing today, lol. I do see a magnifying effect but it is distorted when looking through both layers of the closed locket. I could not get a focused beam of light when facing it to the sun either. When I opened the locket it was a better view (looking from both inside-out and outside-in) but I’m not sure very practical to to use as a magnifier. Through a single side of the crystal there was a definite, almost pinpoint focus of the sunlight through the crystal. I did not expose it very long and no ants were harmed in this process. ;)2
16BEEF22-F55B-41C5-8E0E-0A51A2B9E4F2.jpeg CE70E910-A329-4639-962C-93DEBDC5F8E4.jpeg 758518E4-60CE-40B0-8450-A5A99860F0AE.jpeg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I did some unscientific testing today, lol. I do see a magnifying effect but it is distorted when looking through both layers of the closed locket. I could not get a focused beam of light when facing it to the sun either. When I opened the locket it was a better view (looking from both inside-out and outside-in) but I’m not sure very practical to to use as a magnifier. Through a single side of the crystal there was a definite, almost pinpoint focus of the sunlight through the crystal. I did not expose it very long and no ants were harmed in this process. ;)2
16BEEF22-F55B-41C5-8E0E-0A51A2B9E4F2.jpeg CE70E910-A329-4639-962C-93DEBDC5F8E4.jpeg 758518E4-60CE-40B0-8450-A5A99860F0AE.jpeg

omg SCIENCE!
she-blinded-me-with-science.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out my new chair! I've been rocking in an upholstered rocker on a metal base that despite being oiled, squeaks terribly. The cat has also destroyed a whole side of it.

Went to the estate place around the corner today and found my new throne. Made by S. Bent Bros out of MA. Paid $45 for it :)

It's beautiful! But watch out for all those cat tails!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went out to the thrift stores today and found some nice things. Here are the highlights.

This cut glass paperweight is so gorgeous. The photos don't do it justice.
IMG_20200604_165138.jpg

A Wolf jewelry box, unused!
IMG_20200604_172300.jpg IMG_20200604_162538006.jpg

A large and heavy crystal paperweight/ decor piece.
IMG_20200604_165054.jpg

A Towle sterling bowl with teal colored enamel lining.
The bowl in the front is the new one, the one behind I had since last year. Now I have a pair!
IMG_20200604_165010.jpg

A vintage lipstick holder with glass gems.
IMG_20200604_164940.jpg

A gaudy but beautiful Nippon candy dish
IMG_20200604_173217506.jpg

A really pretty ceramic Chinese figurine.
She has a cat on her lap, and a jade bangle on each wrist!
IMG_20200604_183130711.jpg

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey, that's a quality chair! I snooped on Ebay, and the prices are high!
Good find, my sister! :kiss2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You found some great stuff
@stracci2000 everything is in such great shape especially surprised for the statue, they are so easily broken. Love your paperweights and the gaudy (I love gaudy lol) dish and lipstick holder. It is quite amazing that you found another bowl to match the one you had.

We have to talk about that jewelry box.....if you are planning on selling please email me (assuming you would ship it) my SIL is an "M" and she is getting a diamond necklace for Christmas so this would be a great accompaniment. Of course you may have other plans but I just wanted to call dibs if you decide to sell it :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, I turned it over at the estate place and found the stamp on it @stracci2000 ;-)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am planning on making this lamp, we found this in an antique shop for $125!! Yesterday I found a selection of grinders (which forms the base) and a colander at the estate place, total cost in would be about $30 not including the electrical.

My DH has a future project lol!

IMG_8563.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am planning on making this lamp, we found this in an antique shop for $125!! Yesterday I found a selection of grinders (which forms the base) and a colander at the estate place, total cost in would be about $30 not including the electrical.

My DH has a future project lol!

IMG_8563.JPG

That looks like a fun project! And easy to do.
And I think your DH is an electrician? So it will be a snap for him!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You found some great stuff
@stracci2000 everything is in such great shape especially surprised for the statue, they are so easily broken. Love your paperweights and the gaudy (I love gaudy lol) dish and lipstick holder. It is quite amazing that you found another bowl to match the one you had.

We have to talk about that jewelry box.....if you are planning on selling please email me (assuming you would ship it) my SIL is an "M" and she is getting a diamond necklace for Christmas so this would be a great accompaniment. Of course you may have other plans but I just wanted to call dibs if you decide to sell it :)

Oh gosh! I appreciate your interest, but I think I am going to keep it.
I already filled it with diamond rings, and now I am kind of attached to it! But if I change my mind, I'll be sure to let you know!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at you, I would have filled it up right away too! I actually need a box for rings more than anything else so at some point need to get serious about looking for one @stracci2000

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at you, I would have filled it up right away too! I actually need a box for rings more than anything else so at some point need to get serious about looking for one @stracci2000

I know. A box with just ring slots would be great. I have some cheap ones, but the hinges have already broken.

I am lucky to live near several jewelry supply stores. They cater to the Native American jewelers, and that's where I get my silver.
But they also sell displays, cases, trays, and boxes.
The ring trays are nice, (and I have a few) but they don't have covers or lids.
They are meant to stack, and then fit into a travel box.
The boxes are all for jewelry shows, so they are the big black things that look like briefcases.
So not the right thing for me or you!
Finding the right ring box is an unfruitful search, it seems.
This one looks nice, but might be cheaply made. And it's purple!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love purple! My favorite color.

I'm going to try and hang with what I have until Christmas, that will also give me time to figure out exactly what I need. Maybe by the end of the year I will have less rings, who knows.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love purple! My favorite color.

I'm going to try and hang with what I have until Christmas, that will also give me time to figure out exactly what I need. Maybe by the end of the year I will have less rings, who knows.

Less rings.........what?????? No such thing~~!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another thrift store jewelry box.
This one says 'Lusterloc' which I know is the lining in Wolf boxes.
I couldn't find much info on Lusterloc boxes. The interior is identical to some Wolf boxes I saw online. Maybe it's another brand by Wolf. Who knows?
It's unused, and the key was still affixed to the inside of the lid.
IMG_20200612_074136.jpg IMG_20200612_074629.jpg IMG_20200612_073736437.jpg

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's lovely!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 what is going on with you and jewelry boxes lately?? How fantastic that it's brand new, the inside is so clean too!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 what is going on with you and jewelry boxes lately?? How fantastic that it's brand new, the inside is so clean too!

It's kind of weird. Things usually come to me in twos and threes.
I might find a third one soon!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's kind of weird. Things usually come to me in twos and threes.
I might find a third one soon!

That's not true, you only have one husband :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results