shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 such great finds but you know what I'm going to say?

I LOVE that pin!! Seriously gorgeous and I know you got a great deal on it!

Funny thing, I had been looking for a sterling trinket box, and I was all over Ebay. Pricing was a little high, so I looked at pill boxes too, as they are smaller. I wasn't finding anything less than 25.00 for any decent ones.
I walk into this shop, and spot the crystal pin immediately, as it stands out amongst all the modern costume jewelry it was displayed with.
Then I see these sterling pill boxes. The oval one was 15.00 and the round one was 17.00. And the pin was $2. Yay!

Last edited:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
There's a lovely little consignment shop near me that has mostly ladies clothes, shoes and purses.
And....a few jewelry cases!
So naturally, my nose prints are on the glass there!
Sterling pill boxes! Love!
And a "made in Austria" Crystal pin that sparkles like mad. It's already on my coat!
IMG_20200129_080034.jpg IMG_20200129_075906.jpg
IMG_20200129_082550.jpg

Pricescope needs a LOVE button, because LIKE is sometimes inadequate!

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
There's a lovely little consignment shop near me that has mostly ladies clothes, shoes and purses.
And....a few jewelry cases!
So naturally, my nose prints are on the glass there!
Sterling pill boxes! Love!
And a "made in Austria" Crystal pin that sparkles like mad. It's already on my coat!
IMG_20200129_080034.jpg IMG_20200129_075906.jpg
IMG_20200129_082550.jpg

I love that pin! Those trinket boxes are darling

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday folks!

We took a trip to Savers today and I found this Aurora Borealis necklace, they had two but the other was missing small stones on the clasp.

The really neat thing is the clasp on this one perfectly matches a bracelet I bought many months ago at a different shop. I also have a pair of clip-on earring, so for the suite I have spent:

$12.99 for the necklace
$5 for the bracelet
$1 for the earrings

I've seen the necklaces alone sell for as much as I've paid for a set so pretty excited about that!
IMG_7456.JPG

IMG_7464.JPG

IMG_7466.JPG

IMG_7467.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday folks!

We took a trip to Savers today and I found this Aurora Borealis necklace, they had two but the other was missing small stones on the clasp.

The really neat thing is the clasp on this one perfectly matches a bracelet I bought many months ago at a different shop. I also have a pair of clip-on earring, so for the suite I have spent:

$12.99 for the necklace
$5 for the bracelet
$1 for the earrings

I've seen the necklaces alone sell for as much as I've paid for a set so pretty excited about that!
IMG_7456.JPG

IMG_7464.JPG

IMG_7466.JPG

IMG_7467.JPG

So beautiful!
It is sparkle-icious! (as @missy would say!)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!
It is sparkle-icious! (as @missy would say!)

Thanks, I love these vintage AB pieces maybe because you can get a lot of look for not a crazy amount of money. Truth be told, I only paid $13 for the necklace because it matched the bracelet. I would have rather paid $10 or less lol!

Essiedub

Rough_Rock
Happy Sunday folks!

$12.99 for the necklace
$5 for the bracelet
$1 for the earrings

IMG_7456.JPG

IMG_7464.JPG

IMG_7466.JPG

IMG_7467.JPG
Will you wear these? If so, would you post a styling shot? I’d like to see how it could be worn. It’s so lovely!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will you wear these? If so, would you post a styling shot? I’d like to see how it could be worn. It’s so lovely!

Believe it or not I haven't actually tried on the necklace yet! When I do wear them it will probably not be the full set maybe just two pieces at a time (necklace and bracelet or earrings and bracelet) or the earrings by themselves. I will take a picture but it may be a bit because I don't get dressed up often.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one of those AB necklaces somewhere. I remember when they were all the rage. My mom had one. My MIL gave me hers. Wonder where I put it.

MelMc

Rough_Rock
My grandmother had a two strand AB necklace very similar to this one. She had it restrung into a long single strand later in her life when it got tighter on her neck and her fingers less able to manage the clasp. I sometimes wear it over a long tunic sweater in the winter. It's lots of fun and sparkle in the gloomy months.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the AB pieces especially the pins, I have a couple and just adore them. They kind of remind me of playing dress-up as a little girl for some reason.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

I was sick as a dog Friday night and all day yesterday, tomorrow is my 41st birthday, so since I was feeling better today we hit a couple antique stores.

I found this pretty jewelry chest and a couple of inexpensive pins. The colors on the triple circle are lavender, purple and a rhodolite color IRL.

Funniest thing today was when we went to pickup my birthday cake and found out they forgot to make it!

Also wanted to mention that I uploaded a video to my IG of the recent OEC ring if anyone wants to check it out.

IMG_7529.JPG

IMG_7534.JPG

IMG_7535.JPG

IMG_7536.JPG IMG_7530.JPG

IMG_7531.JPG

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

I was sick as a dog Friday night and all day yesterday, tomorrow is my 41st birthday, so since I was feeling better today we hit a couple antique stores.

I found this pretty jewelry chest and a couple of inexpensive pins. The colors on the triple circle are lavender, purple and a rhodolite color IRL.

Funniest thing today was when we went to pickup my birthday cake and found out they forgot to make it!

Also wanted to mention that I uploaded a video to my IG of the recent OEC ring if anyone wants to check it out.

IMG_7529.JPG

IMG_7534.JPG

IMG_7535.JPG

IMG_7531.JPG

Ooooh! Nice pins------but that box!! Love!!
And Happy Pre-Birthday to you! I hope you eventually get your cake---!
PS--did you catch something from your little guy?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh! Nice pins------but that box!! Love!!
And Happy Pre-Birthday to you! I hope you eventually get your cake---!
PS--did you catch something from your little guy?

I think I caught something when I went to the doctor on Friday, there were several people with masks on! I never go to the doctor and now I know why!

You have one of those jewelry box/caskets right?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I caught something when I went to the doctor on Friday, there were several people with masks on! I never go to the doctor and now I know why!

You have one of those jewelry box/caskets right?

Yes, I have three. I'm always looking for them when I'm out and about!
They are not very common around here.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have three. I'm always looking for them when I'm out and about!
They are not very common around here.

Do you mind me asking what you paid for yours? This one was $10, mind you I saw a similar one today for $35 but wondering if these prices are higher being in the N.E.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the little jewelry box! Glad to hear you're feeling better. And Happy Early Birthday, too!:dance:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mind me asking what you paid for yours? This one was $10, mind you I saw a similar one today for $35 but wondering if these prices are higher being in the N.E.
I think I paid 10.00 or less for each of them. $10.00 is reasonable. I would pay more if I found one that was spectacular. And some of them are, if you start looking on Ebay!
IMG_20200216_152517446.jpg

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Happy Sunday!

IMG_7529.JPG

IMG_7534.JPG

IMG_7535.JPG

IMG_7531.JPG

Love the box! I have a similar one too. I'll have to dig it out of storage later. Mine has a gold bird in the lid, I believe I paid around $35 for mine, but everything in bay area is always overpriced, so that's nothing out of the ordinary.

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I don't have a haul to share, but was able to take a peek at an estate sale in the area today. This handmade quilt was made in 1867 and passed through the generations, shame it won't continue staying in the family.

20200216_123422.jpg

A baby boot cast in bronze?
20200216_124033.jpg

And because I got married recently, I still love things with wedding dresses.

20200216_123500.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn , when can you share details on that new OEC?
I've been waiting!
At least tell us where you found her....?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I know I've been a bad PS'er, I haven't been able to get to my appraiser this past week and she was on vacation until the 10th! This week the kids are on vacation for three days so I'm hoping maybe Friday? I bought this one on Mercari.

I do love your collection of jewelry boxes!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

IMG_7529.JPG

IMG_7534.JPG

IMG_7535.JPG

IMG_7531.JPG

I hope you have the very best of birthdays and are blessed with many more!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @bling_dream19! Sweet and fun, I like that very much, on a good day I'm sure my husband would agree! ;)2

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday, I was in one of my favorite thrift shops, where they don't know much about jewelry. Which is to my advantage!
I found this little Japanese Satsuma button. These are pricey on eBay!
Perhaps made around 1900 or so.
It matches my Satsuma vase.
IMG_20200221_071209.jpg IMG_20200220_222110.jpg IMG_20200220_212629.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Several months ago, at the same shop, I found these ivory beads, probably 1950's. Wear or not?
I feel bad, but at the same time, they are vintage-y awesome.
I have included a close-up so you can see the Schreger lines, or the graining. This is how I know it is genuine.
IMG_20200221_075855787.jpg IMG_20200221_080719.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results