shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely pin @Rubymal, love all the detail on it!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow these rings are TALL but love the color of those stones and also those pretty swirl designs. You should share your collection sometime @stracci2000

Okay, here they are. The all-sapphire one was a gift, and I did not pay more than 70.00 for any of the others.
All of them are 14k. Three are unmarked, but test 14k.
IMG_20200110_102607705.jpg
This new pink one has a few red stones in there, as well. Sapphires? Rubies? But the ring is from Thailand, so I'm sure they are corundum!

Attachments

• IMG_20200110_104452.jpg
    IMG_20200110_104452.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20200110_104431.jpg
    IMG_20200110_104431.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous @stracci2000, do you have a favorite? Not asking prices but which one has been your best deal?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous @stracci2000, do you have a favorite? Not asking prices but which one has been your best deal?
I think my favorite is the jade/ruby. It's huge!
I'm happy to share the prices. A lot of times, these rings are unmarked, hence the low pricing. Sellers just don't always know what they have!

The multicolor one on my index finger was $70. I found it in a thrift shop back in 2002.
The pink one was $60--ebay
Sapphire and opal $45--ebay
Jade and ruby $39--ebay
All sapphire one was a gift from an acquaintance who knew I loved jewelry.
I don't know how many more my fingers can support, but I'm always looking for more!
And yes, I do wear them occasionally!

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
image.jpg
I got this today for $20, it’s costume jewelry from the 20’s and has glass gems. I’m not sure if I over paid, but I love it

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
image.jpg
I got this today for $20, it’s costume jewelry from the 20’s and has glass gems. I’m not sure if I over paid, but I love it

This is fabulous! A great find!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that's a great collection, I love how each has its own unique look! Also great deals on all of those
@stracci2000

That's so pretty @Smith3!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many rings, so little time!
I want all the jewelry and all the kitties.

I'm there with you on the rings, they are my downfall. I've calmed down with the animals but seven is still a lot lol!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
image.jpg

Great find and well priced!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday, I found this old comb back Windsor arm chair at my favorite thrift store, $25 but on sale for $17. Doing research today to educate myself on this type of chair. It's super sturdy and has lots of rubbed areas indicating age. No markings. 1920s-40's? Earlier?
Lots of dark parina on the underside.
IMG_20200112_115222603.jpg

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should not be allowed to leave the house ever! Today I decided to scrap some gold I had and of course had to "have a look" which is just asking for it because inevitably I find something. Well this one was sparkling inside the case so you know......

I did end up still walking out with some cash at least. The diamonds are 15 points round brilliant amazing and the smaller ones are single cuts. I may end up wearing this as a mother's ring feel since I have two kids.

I did manage to not buy the freaking amazing diamond bypass trilogy ring that weighed in at 1.04 carats. Three amazing brilliant cuts and they came down 25% on the price just by asking. See, never hurts to ask AND have them throw out the first number, I always aim for 20%!

Side note: I will not be wearing this as a pinky ring after nearly losing forever the rose cut ring being worn as a pinky ring, learned my lesson!

IMG_7158.JPG

IMG_7151.JPG

IMG_7155.JPG

IMG_7157.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woman! Are you scrapping gold...........? :Up_to_something: It's $1550 today
I love this new ring! You sure have an eye for the best pieces!!!
More photos, please:razz:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I got the idea to scrap my gold from a wise woman!

Girl, you should see the trilogy OMG! I couldn't get a pic of it because that pawn shop is not the friendliest And I don't like to push my luck but damn it was amazing.

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I got the idea to scrap my gold from a wise woman!

Girl, you should see the trilogy OMG! I couldn't get a pic of it because that pawn shop is not the friendliest And I don't like to push my like but damn it was amazing.

Scrap an item only if you are sure you hate it :lol:
I once tried to make something new out of gold scrap. Let's just say that wasn't a good idea...........:doh:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the closest I could find to the three stone. Picture larger diamonds, brilliant cut and in yellow gold. Diamonds were about 35 points each, I so wish I could have gotten a picture but this is close.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is pic indoors in a not so brightly lit room and two shots with the transitional because I think it's a good illustration the difference between the two with the tranny having much wider facets compared to the more splintery brilliant cuts.

IMG_7162.JPG IMG_7167.JPG IMG_7168.JPG

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I should not be allowed to leave the house ever! Today I decided to scrap some gold I had and of course had to "have a look" which is just asking for it because inevitably I find something. Well this one was sparkling inside the case so you know......

I did end up still walking out with some cash at least. The diamonds are 15 points round brilliant amazing and the smaller ones are single cuts. I may end up wearing this as a mother's ring feel since I have two kids.

I did manage to not buy the freaking amazing diamond bypass trilogy ring that weighed in at 1.04 carats. Three amazing brilliant cuts and they came down 25% on the price just by asking. See, never hurts to ask AND have them throw out the first number, I always aim for 20%!

Side note: I will not be wearing this as a pinky ring after nearly losing forever the rose cut ring being worn as a pinky ring, learned my lesson!

Gorgeous rings...BOTH of them!

Funny, the pawnshop I go to a lot is sorely lacking where selling scrap gold is concerned. However, just down the street is a very nice jewelry store and they are extremely fair when I have taken in some gold to sell.

Go figure.....

IMG_7158.JPG

IMG_7151.JPG

IMG_7155.JPG

IMG_7157.JPG
[/QUGorge

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LorettaB, you really have to shop to find a place that gives a fair price for scrap because it can vary a lot.

This guy I saw today didn't have a lot of old stuff, a couple small OEC rings but it's really hit or miss.

Admittedly the other ring was at the pawn shop across the street because I just had to "have a look" lol!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LorettaB, you really have to shop to find a place that gives a fair price for scrap because it can vary a lot.

This guy I saw today didn't have a lot of old stuff, a couple small OEC rings but it's really hit or miss.

Admittedly the other ring was at the pawn shop across the street because I just had to "have a look" lol!

I believe it. I can imagine the pawn shop has way more gold going in and out so they can afford to not offer as much. I just know for a fact that I have wanted to get rid of some old gold in the past and when the pawn shop offered so little I said, "Thanks for your time" and went to jewelry store and got a much MUCH better offer. But the other thing is that if you have a gold necklace to sell, this pawn shop wants it. They tell me they can barely keep them in stock.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm that's interesting about the necklaces, my guy today said what really moves is tools and nobody really wants the jewelry, especially the old stuff! Such a shame.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn and @LorettaB
I use this Gold Calculator to find out what my gold is worth before I turn it in. I am always worried about getting ripped off, so I do my calculations before I go.
I have a gram scale, so I weigh my pieces first. Then I plug in the information and see the scrap value, based on today's gold price.
The place I go to gives 85% of scrap value. Some places give less. So I do the math and then I know if they are honest!

Last edited:

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn and @LorettaB
I use this Gold Calculator to find out what my gold is worth before I turn it in. I am always worried about getting ripped off, so I do my calculations before I go.
I have a gram scale, so I weigh my pieces first. Then I plug in the information and see the scrap value, based on today's gold price.
The place I go to gives 85% of scrap value. Some places give less. So I do the math and then I know if they are honest!

Thank you for sharing that app....very neat!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today DH and I went pawn shop hopping and although I didn't buy anything did see a couple of neat things like....

An old platinum ring with a big old star sapphire, gorgeous and a whopping 3K!

An old European cut in this really bad 80's yellow gold setting. The Euro itself was 1.25 carats, very tinted but clean and priced at 5K!! Oh but they would come down to 4.5K...yeah what a bargain.

Problem is EBay is stiff competition for these places, let's see for 4.5K I can buy this:

IMG_7179.jpg

Needless to say that OEC did not leave with me!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I found these cups at a thrift store, $7.00 for all.
Upon closer inspection at home, I think they are nephrite jade. There is amazing fibrous crystal structure in these cups..
They are perfect, no chips or other damage.
I think I'll keep them!
IMG_20200124_152428.jpg
IMG_20200124_151637082.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200124_160726623.jpg
    IMG_20200124_160726623.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's a lovely little consignment shop near me that has mostly ladies clothes, shoes and purses.
And....a few jewelry cases!
So naturally, my nose prints are on the glass there!
Sterling pill boxes! Love!
And a "made in Austria" Crystal pin that sparkles like mad. It's already on my coat!
IMG_20200129_080034.jpg IMG_20200129_075906.jpg
IMG_20200129_082550.jpg

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 such great finds but you know what I'm going to say?

I LOVE that pin!! Seriously gorgeous and I know you got a great deal on it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results