shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @JPie she was our first bunny, I don't know if lops are sweet in general but ours certainly was.

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
I know the spirit of this thread is light and fun but I just need to bury this here.

We put BunBun to sleep today, it was a week of debating but she had a uterine tumor and it was actively bleeding plus she was being treated for a fungal infection that might have spread to her brain. She really had so many things going on that a good outcome was not likely.

Well I came home and DH comes out and asks how did it go, I told him it was fine but I didn't stay with her, he was shocked "you didn't stay!?" No, thanks for making me feel awful about it. My thought was it was best to keep it together for our 12 year old son, had I stayed I would have been a mess, for this reason he usually goes, he believes every animal should have us there with them.

I get it but he was being an insensitive jerk. He wasn't the one that had to put Fiona to sleep less than a year ago and honestly dealing with having to put another pet down today brought all those feelings back.

Anyways just needed to get that out and off my chest.
So sorry:cry2:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry to hear about this, Steph. It's tough being mom/wife/all-around hold-it-together-for-the-family person. I so identify with your struggle. Know that you're doing all that you can and don't feel guilty about not staying with BunBun. She's at peace now and that's all that matters. Sometimes being an insensitive jerk is what husbands do to cope with emotional situations. He'll get over it. Don't let it get to you.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Luvallgems
Thanks @natasha-cupcake it means a lot to know someone can relate. Of course when I pointed out that he hurt my feelings he did feel awful and apologized but gee, could have really don't without that comment. In any case I'm glad she isn't suffering and she did have a good life even though we only had her for four years so that is the most important thing.

As it turns out I did end up having a haul today thanks to PS preloved and @PreRaphaelite and the awesome treasures she posted. Omg can't wait to get everything, it will be like Christmas in almost July!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
@StephanieLynn I’m so sorry about BunBun, we are so fragile are we not, and beautiful souls pass through our lives so swiftly. Hoping your new treasures distract you from sorrow for a little while. <3

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn I’m so sorry about BunBun, we are so fragile are we not, and beautiful souls pass through our lives so swiftly. Hoping your new treasures distract you from sorrow for a little while. <3

So true, thanks so much for your kind words

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @StephanieLynn . That's so sad. You did the right thing by all accounts. I don't think I could have kept it together for my kids, but it's good that you managed.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lyra, thankfully I had a decent drive and iced coffee to help pull it together before I got home.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, @StephanieLynn , so sorry about Bun Bun.
She was a beautiful girl, and she was loved.
You did everything you could. Sometimes they just have to leave us, and it hurts real bad.:cry2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks @stracci2000 it helps knowing we did all we truly could for her, not knowing her age made it a little difficult because obviously the older they are the less they can tolerate. Rabbits are especially fragile and can hide illness well so it was a tough call. Honestly part of me is relieved because I was so worried about how our son would take it but he seems to be okay. Our other son is only four so he doesn't really get it yet.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey hey, it's Thursday, one day closer to the weekend :dance:

This past weekend I nabbed a bunch of deals from @PreRaphaelite, I was lucky to get so many beautiful things, literally a box full of treasure, these are only a few things. One of the treasures, an Italian 14K paperlink chain which so happens to fit perfectly with my Fiona pendant:

IMG_5084.JPG
IMG_5085.JPG

Then there was the diamond band with one little OEC and single cuts, so sweet and pretty:

IMG_5088.JPG IMG_5089.JPG

Finally this amazing eight prong setting that I threw a little cz in to just see how it would look, look at the profile :lickout:

IMG_5086.JPG
IMG_5090.JPG

So a big BIG thank you to @PreRaphaelite, I love it all!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock

This past weekend I nabbed a bunch of deals from @PreRaphaelite, I was lucky to get so many beautiful things, literally a box full of treasure, these are only a few things. One of the treasures, an Italian 14K paperlink chain which so happens to fit perfectly with my Fiona pendant:

IMG_5084.JPG
IMG_5085.JPG

Then there was the diamond band with one little OEC and single cuts, so sweet and pretty:

Finally this amazing eight prong setting that I threw a little cz in to just see how it would look, look at the profile :lickout:

IMG_5086.JPG
IMG_5090.JPG

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAY!
I'm so happy you love them and WOW the chain is perfect for your memorial pendant.
Thank you so much for your support - it means the absolute world.
<3

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_5084.JPG
IMG_5085.JPG

IMG_5086.JPG
IMG_5090.JPG

I sure do like to see PSers spreading the jewelry-love!
I too, was drooling over PreRaphaelite's pieces! And from one art lover to another, I do love your avatar, @PreRaphaelite !

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @JPie I am so very excited that it fits the bale, thankfully when Sally made it she made sure to put a big bale on it.

Candice

Shiny_Rock

IMG_5084.JPG
IMG_5085.JPG

IMG_5086.JPG
IMG_5090.JPG

The chain looks amazing with your pendant!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The chain is perfect for your Fiona pendant @StephanieLynn. Sorry to hear about your bunny :(2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Austina for your kind thoughts on the bunny.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
New day and another project done. This is just a quick shot since we are out shopping. Will take some better pictures later. This is the pink sapphire that was in the platinum Art Deco setting. IMG_7802.jpg
IMG_5095.JPG

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
New day and another project done. This is just a quick shot since we are out shopping. Will take some better pictures later. This is the pink sapphire that was in the platinum Art Deco setting. IMG_7802.jpg
IMG_5095.JPG

Oh I just love it! It's a beautiful pink and such a lovely setting. Is it white or yellow gold? Enjoy!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19, I know it's hard to tell from the pic but it's yellow gold, I got that setting for $69, it's a repro of a vintage setting.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some outside, I think though when he sized it he missed the 1/2 because this fits too tight. It's just as well, I have to lose weight anyways.

I'm thinking of selling the platinum deco setting because the reality is I really don't need another diamond ring and am probably not going to get around to setting a diamond in it anytime soon.

IMG_5102.JPG IMG_5103.JPG IMG_5104.JPG IMG_5114.JPG

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here are some outside, I think though when he sized it he missed the 1/2 because this fits too tight. It's just as well, I have to lose weight anyways.

I'm thinking of selling the platinum deco setting because the reality is I really don't need another diamond ring and am probably not going to get around to setting a diamond in it anytime soon.

IMG_5102.JPG IMG_5103.JPG IMG_5104.JPG IMG_5114.JPG
It's gorgeous! I love that setting. And what a deal! Very delicate and vintage-y. :love: :love:

LondonGal

Rough_Rock
First thing, I was visiting my parents in Florida last week and Dad gave me a few things.
These are cracked egg shaped sterling salt cellars! So weird!
IMG_20181021_160909.jpg
This is an old tin type photo in a frame.
IMG_20181021_161351020.jpg
IMG_20181021_161402931.jpg

Now this last thing I found at an estate sale yesterday.
It's a Native pot from Acoma Pueblo here in NM.
Medium sized, about 8" tall.
There was a small 1/2 inch chip along the lip, and the little piece was still on the bottom of the pot. So naturally I glued it back in and retouched the paint.
I paid an unbelievable $3.00 for this pot!
These pots go for hundreds in unchipped condition.
Chip damage or not, it was a great buy!
IMG_20181021_160747712.jpg

How big are the cracked eggs? I'd seen a pair advertised as warming pots for ice cream spoons. I'd wondered what they were so wandered into the shop and looked at the reverse of the label. Made sense to me then.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How big are the cracked eggs? I'd seen a pair advertised as warming pots for ice cream spoons. I'd wondered what they were so wandered into the shop and looked at the reverse of the label. Made sense to me then.
They are similar in size to a large chicken egg.
I wasn't sure what they were at first, and after a little research, I saw similar ones online that were named as salt cellars. But maybe you are right! I will check into spoon warmers!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys, DH thinks I am crazy for buying this old box, surely someone else sees the charm?

IMG_5195.JPG IMG_5196.JPG IMG_5197.JPG IMG_5198.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results