shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds
I found this old listing on Etsy. This one is missing the frame, as you can see 4 little bite marks where the frame used to grip onto the cameo. Cool piece! Screenshot_20231203-143659.png

Screenshot_20231203-143743.png

i just checked im still the only bidder with the reserve price, i have an auto bid set for ........
drum roll please
$18
so its just a bit of fun
but it is the Queen and Prince Philip
and i really want it
just set a reminder for one hour

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this cool ring in the pawn shop today. Sterling silver with 14k gold. I love the blackened detail!
I don't know what the stone is, maybe garnet.

IMG_20231206_221445169.jpg

IMG_20231206_221059225.jpg

IMG_20231206_221232322.jpg

IMG_20231206_221043271.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is what i really want
auction closes tomorrow night
the brass ring has a dint
i really want it
am hoping its not plastic
the Duke looks very young with a full head of hair still so hopefully not plastic
the back is ugly and ill replace the brass ring with ss
1702102341713.png
its here !
its here !
it looks to me that the actual cameo is in absolutly perfect condition
i mean its probably plastic but it is still 70 years old (vintage?)
thinking maybe after xmas into the new year get a silver frame made with a brooch thingy attached to it and a bail
thinking about getting a quote on an actual inhancer thingy or just buy that from etsy?
i want it to be as wearable as possible

bit sad really the finished piece will end up in the fashion jewlery thread all though maybe i can sneak it into royal jewles;)2

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1702102341713.png
its here !
its here !
thinking maybe after xmas into the new year get a silver frame made with a brooch thingy attached to it and a bail
thinking about getting a quote on an actual inhancer thingy or just buy that from etsy?

bit sad really the finished piece will end up in the fashion jewlery thread all though maybe i can sneak it into royal jewles;)2

It's a cool piece!
Is there a craft shop near you? They may carry cameo frames, or maybe they can order one for you

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a cool piece!
Is there a craft shop near you? They may carry cameo frames, or maybe they can order one for you
thank you =)2

but saddly no, nothing here like that, we too rural for too much choice out here
also with my track record i wouldnt be able to get the size right :cry:

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
1702102341713.png
its here !
its here !

This is really nice. Is there any way your jeweler could reinstall the brass frame, and attach a bail such that you could use a pendant to brooch converter like the one below?

pendant to brooch converter

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is really nice. Is there any way your jeweler could reinstall the brass frame, and attach a bail such that you could use a pendant to brooch converter like the one below?

pendant to brooch converter

i wouldnt wear it being brass
and i cant afford gold so
but im going to get him to do that is silver
but thank you i completly forgot about brooch converters
so i have options to think over

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great find @Daisys and Diamonds, a brooch/pendant is a great idea for it.

thank you Austina
even though its plastic. the money i will be spending (to get a plastic piece mounted) means i definatly want my money's worth wear wise, so yes, im aiming for a brooch and a pendant but i also thought if i got an enhancer thingy i could wear it on some pearls as well ....and well it is the Queen and HM did love her pearls

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Lovely piece! You'll wear it perfectly with all the background knowledge you have.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
not related to anything antique or vintage or even retro but a big thank you to this thread in particular and my modest $8 purchase
because after googerling what an enhancer bail actually looks like i know realize my two diamond enhancer pendents actually are true enhancers and i can now wear them with pearls (7 years after purchase)
not sure why they didnt show me how they worked when i brought them? -because neither were loose change
so thank you friends =)2

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This post is a long distance dedication to @Daisys and Diamonds ❤️❤️❤️

Daisy accurately predicted that I would find a multi-gem bracelet. And two days later I did! What kind of witchery was that?
Sterling with garnet, citrine, amethyst, peridot and blue topaz. An amazing price at the Animal Humane thrift store.
The stones are very vibrant.

I really wanted one of these back in the late 80s when rainbow gem jewelry was all the rage. It took 35 years to finally get one!
IMG_20231212_155630648.jpg

IMG_20231212_160813584.jpg

IMG_20231212_161007058.jpg

IMG_20231212_160837402.jpg

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This post is a long distance dedication to @Daisys and Diamonds ❤️❤️❤️

Daisy accurately predicted that I would find a multi-gem bracelet. And two days later I did! What kind of witchery was that?
Sterling with garnet, citrine, amethyst, peridot and blue topaz. An amazing price at the Animal Humane thrift store.
The stones are very vibrant.

I really wanted one of these back in the late 80s when rainbow gem jewelry was all the rage. It took 35 years to finally get one!
IMG_20231212_155630648.jpg

IMG_20231212_160813584.jpg

IMG_20231212_161007058.jpg

IMG_20231212_160837402.jpg

enjoy !!!
:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
1702517321901.jpeg
that bracelet had to wait a long time to find you too

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok confession time
i also got this for $5 (Plus postage)
its not here yet, delivery of everything slows right down this time of year
im not sure how big it is
i just feel sad in a genration the Queen mum has gone from being a much loved grandma to ...well id get struck my lighening if i repeat some of the awful stuff i read on the internet
and HM was the King's grandma, and he loved her
1702949422883.png
so speaking of the King
i also got this
this was $15 and $10 postage
1702949490795.png
this was $20 plus postage but its a bit special
see this tour never happened
the King and Queen were ment to be visiting NZ and Aussie to thank us for our war effort like they had done for South Africa but the King had got sick
When the then Princess Elizabeth became Queen in Kenya she and Philip were on her way here as a replacement of that tour that never was
1702949753675.png
oh dear
do i confess anymore .......
i was thinking now im being more strick on budget perhaps i can allow my self one small thing a week - its not worth spending more because most pieces are plumiting in value worse than a NZ dollar
but even if i was self controlled enought to stick to one thing a week thats 52 new things in a year ...
so i got Eddy (you know he did a term of his gap year here in Wanganui - people still speak highly of his friendliness)
he was $4.48 and im not into thinbles but you dont see Prince Edward often
1702950037514.png
and then i found this !!
1702950108214.png

i think their wedding was my favourite royal wedding
this cost $25 (but it came with two other royal plates ....oh dear )

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so quite a haul im afraid
but you know it makes me happy looking at it
i often sit on the bed in the guest room and look at it all
sometimes in the middle of the night i hear Borris having a cup of tea with the Queen (not everything fits in the cabinet)
but to show you how things have depreated in value this was $25
now 6 years ago that would have been around $100 as i have a few Queen Vic things
1702950469185.png
its not here yet

i have been inspired by this PS thread and others and how orderly some people collect
so i now try to buy different things that arnt just cups and saucers and wall plates
And to be satisfied with just two things from a particular occassion
i mean we will never see a corrination or a corrination tour like we did in '53/'54

Last edited:

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
ok confession time
i also got this for $5 (Plus postage)
its not here yet, delivery of everything slows right down this time of year
im not sure how big it is
i just feel sad in a genration the Queen mum has gone from being a much loved grandma to ...well id get struck my lighening if i repeat some of the awful stuff i read on the internet
and HM was the King's grandma, and he loved her
1702949422883.png
so speaking of the King
i also got this
this was $15 and $10 postage
1702949490795.png
this was $20 plus postage but its a bit special
see this tour never happened
the King and Queen were ment to be visiting NZ and Aussie to thank us for our war effort like they had done for South Africa but the King had got sick
When the then Princess Elizabeth became Queen in Kenya she and Philip were on her way here as a replacement of that tour that never was
1702949753675.png
oh dear
do i confess anymore .......
i was thinking now im being more strick on budget perhaps i can allow my self one small thing a week - its not worth spending more because most pieces are plumiting in value worse than a NZ dollar
but even if i was self controlled enought to stick to one thing a week thats 52 new things in a year ...
so i got Eddy (you know he did a term of his gap year here in Wanganui - people still speak highly of his friendliness)
he was $4.48 and im not into thinbles but you dont see Prince Edward often
1702950037514.png
and then i found this !!
1702950108214.png

i think their wedding was my favourite royal wedding
this cost $25 but it came with two other royal plates oh dear )

Haha, so you really did take in a haul!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha, so you really did take in a haul!!
someone has to love it for all the grannies who are gone now, who had it in their china cabinets and kept it for good but never used it, perhaps thinking it would be worth something one day :cry2:and now their own kids and grand kids dont want it, possibly even hate it and view it as dust collectors
my mum used to buy my sister the odd thing, in the 80's, i bet my sister made sure her's all broke in the earthqauke

i just have to be realistic about what im prepaired to spend

i think we shell use something on Christmas day
i did use some Geroge vi corrination beakers for coctails to celebrate the corrination this year, a china beaker is a very strange drinking vessel these days but it did look pretty with a pink drink

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
someone has to love it for all the grannies who are gone now, who had it in their china cabinets and kept it for good but never used it, perhaps thinking it would be worth something one day :cry2:and now their own kids and grand kids dont want it, possibly even hate it and view it as dust collectors
my mum used to buy my sister the odd thing, in the 80's, i bet my sister made sure her's all broke in the earthqauke

i just have to be realistic about what im prepaired to spend

i think we shell use something on Christmas day
i did use some Geroge vi corrination beakers for coctails to celebrate the corrination this year, a china beaker is a very strange drinking vessel these days but it did look pretty with a pink drink

As long as it brings you joy, it is worth it. I think you are correct in using it, there is no sense it just letting it sit there.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
1703367805245.png
this arrived yesterday
i know NZ post were told by there bosses to get the floor clear by xmas
anyway its only glass -slightly chunky, but its really nice, i think now the oldest thing in this house (my country is young-some of you have houses older than my country)
what i love about these older royal souviners is how they catered to all income levels (i have a coleman's mustard pot of Edward V11 and Alexandra's corination)

anyway its oval and has a sandwhich plate kind of vibe

also this came
its a good hefty size- about the size of a modern coffee cup
1703369102523.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results