shape
carat
color
clarity

Who to buy the setting from? is the lifetime warranty worth the extra $$$?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gdowney

Rough_Rock
I have purchased my loose princess cut diamond from whiteflash. it is a 1.244ct AGS0. Now that I have the diamond, I need to get the rock set. This is where my dilemma begins.

I really like the style of http://www.shaneco.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?X=41045046&I=32&O=Legacy&ST=Rings&C1=3&S=PA&SZ=6 .

The price is outstanding! BUT... ShaneCo is going to charge $310 to set my diamond, bringing the total cost of the engagement ring to $750(with tax). The advantage to having them set it is that I would have a lifetime warranty on everything except the center diamond itself. The reason that this is important to me is that with a super thin (1.5mm ish) band, it is almost guaranteed that there will be integrity problems that will need to be addressed.

Here are my other 2 options. I could send the shaneco setting to whiteflash, and have them set it for $75+$100 for a new head. With this option, I have no warranty at alllll.

Option #2 is that I have a B&M store that has a similar ring. They would be able to set the ring, and give me a wedding band for a grand total of $700, but not include any type of warranty. Price is the obvious advantage here! but, i just don''t know from experience how valuable the lifetime warranty would be?

it seems that a lifetime warranty on the ring and all of the side diamonds is pretty valuable. but i don''t know. Help please!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pretty setting, do you know if this is the setting of your fiance''s dreams? you never know if she will want to reset her diamond into a new setting come 1, 3 year down the road. $700 total is NOT that bad...believe me, but then again, I''ve reset over five times now in one year...lol. Anyways, will you have insurance on your completed ring? The nice thing about having the setting local and setting your ring, you''d be able to get it looked out whenever you want and not have to pay for shipping back/forth est. $60 (roundtrip)

gdowney

Rough_Rock
She doesn''t know that I am getting her the ring, nor does she know that I am going to ask her. But I do know that she is going to love this ring! She wont change it. I know that for sure.I just dont know with who and how to get the diamond set.

gdowney

Rough_Rock
also, yes I am planning on getting the ring insured. and shipping the ring to shaneco wouldn''t be a problem because they have a store close to my home/they will let you get it worked on in select local stores across the nation. I am leaning towards getting the setting done at the small B&M as opposed to the shaneco in STL, which is like 15 minutes from my home.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results