shape
carat
color
clarity

Who sells Jack Kelege settings? Help...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whatdoido

Rough_Rock
I am getting very frustrated in trying to find the particular setting my girlfriend wants from Jack Kelege. The setting alone was quoted to me from the place where I found at over 5 figures. I am all about spending what I have to in order to accomplish what I need to from a quality standpoint, but I have only found this piece in one place (and therefore at one price). Others have said they will copy the ring, but I have no photo for them to copy...just a sketch. Then, I am worried about the quality if it is reproduced. I''m ready to get this show on the road! Can anyone help?

reena

Ideal_Rock
can you tell us what the setting looks like? maybe someone has seen something similar elsewhere. (i could be wrong but as it's a designer setting i'm not sure how much luck you're going to have finding the exact setting elsewhere for drastically less money.)

do i recall that this is for a cushion cut diamond?

whatdoido

Rough_Rock
Yes. 2-2.2 carat brilliant cushion cut. it has pink diamonds around
the stone and diamonds on all 3 exposed sides of the
band. the ring also has white diamonds on the bottom
of the pink band that goes around the center cushion.
in fact there are still small white diamonds INSIDE
the ring and UNDER the center cushion. you can't see
these diamonds unless you have a loop. but it really
makes that cushion sparkle even more! that's the best i can do.

thanks! steve

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh dear. i can see what the setting is so expensive. i assume the 5 figures you mentioned does not include the center stone, is that right?

first question is, is she absolutely set on the jack kelege? such that if you were to attempt to have a jeweler make something similar she would be unhappy? if so, and if you can afford it, perhaps you just want to go with that exact setting. have you tried the contact number on JK's website? i'm sure they would point you to a number of retailers who carry his settings, so that you can price-compare.

on the other hand if you think she'd be amenable to having a "similar" setting without the brand name, you could get a jeweler to make something similar for less money i bet. check out some of the "finished work" on icestore.com just as an example. if you go this route though you should be okay with it when the setting doesn't turn out exactly like the JK.

whatdoido

Rough_Rock
That's kind of my point. I have contacted several references and they claim thay can "build" the ring. As I said before, that is what I am concerned about and would never want someone to "infringe" on another's design. At the end of the day, I'd rather have quality and I will pay for it. I just want to verify the price I was quoted. over 10K seems awfully high for a setting (even as designer). Remember, I have to buy the 2 carat stone too!

And I have searched high and low for a photo of the ring and can't find one...part of the reason I am frustrated. steve

reena

Ideal_Rock
true, that is a terribly expensive setting. including the 2 carat cushion, depending on the specs, you're talking at the very least a 20k ring, if not 30k.

if you want it to look exactly like the JK, though, i would buy the JK. do a google search and shop around for the prices.

reena

Ideal_Rock
WDID, from where do you plan to purchase your stone?

reena

Ideal_Rock
does the ring look anything like THIS?

14770-smaller.jpg

whatdoido

Rough_Rock
Yes, it is fairly similar. Except it is a cushion that runs east/west as opposed to north/south as shown. The ring I am looking at is a little more ornate. the only way i could tell is to see it from the front.

Still going crazy...

reena

Ideal_Rock
sorry if im being dense but which is your dilemma--whether to get the JK or where to get it?

whatdoido

Rough_Rock
well, i originally posted to try and see if there was anyone who sold Jack Kelege where i could see if they had the ring i was looking for. but i can't find any leads there. i have been told what i can buy the ring i want from a very high end jewler where i live (located in the same center as tiffanys). i want to just make sure i'm not getting screwed. i think i am going to have to abandon this chase. thanks for everyon's help though.

NNCYA

Rough_Rock
I know that Kroniers Jewelers in Montgomery ALabama sells Kelege jewelry. They are awesome there and there salesmen are very easy to work with. You should give them a call

LacyLu42

Rough_Rock

I realize that you posted your request for information some time ago, but if you are still in the market for a Jack Kelege piece, you can call them direct at 1-877-6-KELEGE or email them at [email protected] and find out about retailers in your area or special order a piece directly.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

~Lacy Boggs
Luxury Brand Group

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results