shape
carat
color
clarity

Who makes a setting like this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

guel8

Rough_Rock
I am in love with this setting. But I am pretty sure that this one is custom made. Does anybody know where I can find one that looks very similar to this? I believe that this is a Mark Morrell setting. Does he only do custom, or does he have an inventory? I can't find a website for him. Thanks guys/gals.
MWMSol4.jpg

guel8

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting the website. Anyother vendor make anything similiar? It looks like I will be out of luck with Mark Morrell.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Plenty of jewelers can make relatively plain items like these, but very few can make them like Mark Morrell makes them. The finish of the prong tips, the quality of the diamond setting work, the weight and texture of the entire ring, the balance of the shank and the overall design are difficult to achieve without a lot of artistic and manual ability.

So, making something reminiscent of these is simple enough for lots of people to do for you. Expectations on your part are hard to assess before the final item is completed. Once you see superior workmanship it becomes harder to accept less. A lower price helps to make one accept a lesser item, but some people want everything for a lower price. That''s difficult to achieve.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 9:15:09 AM
Author: oldminer
Plenty of jewelers can make relatively plain items like these, but very few can make them like Mark Morrell makes them. The finish of the prong tips, the quality of the diamond setting work, the weight and texture of the entire ring, the balance of the shank and the overall design are difficult to achieve without a lot of artistic and manual ability.

So, making something reminiscent of these is simple enough for lots of people to do for you. Expectations on your part are hard to assess before the final item is completed. Once you see superior workmanship it becomes harder to accept less. A lower price helps to make one accept a lesser item, but some people want everything for a lower price. That''s difficult to achieve.

ditto...

guel8

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the kind advice. I do realize this, but he is not taking order from new customers at the moment. I am stuck looking for an alternative.

WindyCitySparkle

Shiny_Rock
How about Precision Set? These are from page 43 of Show me the Ring''s Engagement Thread.

precisionset2.jpg

WindyCitySparkle

Shiny_Rock
There''s another one on the same page that has smaller diamonds.

guel8

Rough_Rock
That precision set is very close. Where can I find that?

WindyCitySparkle

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure. I would look on their website for authorized dealers and then call them to see what kind of selection they have. Maybe you could find a catalog with one of them.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 11:28:57 AM
Author: guel8
That precision set is very close. Where can I find that?

Goodoldgold is a Pricescope vendor that carries the line. YOu can also go to Precisionset .com for a list of local retailers in your area..

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
D''vatche has this one. Good Old Gold sells D''vatche.

239-a.jpg

guel8

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

guel8

Rough_Rock
I don''t see the Precision line on Goodoldgold?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 12:42:10 PM
Author: guel8

I don''t see the Precision line on Goodoldgold?

hmm..not sure why it''s not there but I know a pricescoper bought her precisionset ring from them. You can always call or email and double check but I''m pretty sure they still carry the line..

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
I had a kinda similar one custom made by whiteflash pictured here... it turned out great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results