shape
carat
color
clarity

Who here has more than one piercing in their ear?

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure if this topic has been covered, but I did a search and didn't find anything. I also wasn't sure where to post this thread but hangout seemed the best place. 8)

So... who here has more than one piercing in each ear? I have 2 piercings in each ear. The question I'm really interested in though is, what do you wear in your second (or third, etc) ear piercings?

I got my second set of ear piercings in high school, and back then I used to wear sterling silver studs in my ears. Sometimes I would wear hoops in the first piercings and studs in the second ones, or what I usually wore was gemstone studs in the first ones and tiny sterling silver ball studs in the second ones. As time has progressed, I find myself leaning more towards wearing yellow gold, white gold, and platinum. So lately I've been wearing 14kt yellow gold 2-2.5mm ball studs in my second piercings and diamonds ones in my first piercings.

I've just started wearing white metals the past couple of years and I realized that I need some white-metal studs to go in my 2nd piercings. Does anyone know where to find size 2-3mm ball studs in 18kt white gold, platinum or palladium? I've found one seller on Etsy who sells 3mm 18kt white gold studs, but for some reason, it's hard to find anything smaller. I'm wondering if I should just wear sterling silver ones again... :rolleyes:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey, Xiriah - I just got two more holes pierced in each ear a few months ago. I'm wearing my diamond studs in my first hole, 8 pointed stars in my second, and smaller 5-pointed stars in the third. Eventually, I'm planning to have my 6.5 mm diamonds in WG in the first hole, maybe 4.5 mm YG studs in the second, and 2.5 mm studs in the 3rd - I'll never have to worry about coordinating/mixing metals again!

I got mine done at Venus by Maria Tash, and I thought they had an excellent selection of small studs - pricey, but worth taking a look! http://www.venusbymariatash.com/index.php?section=jewelry&category=earrings

Left Ear.jpg

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
Hi Circe-I actually saw your post with your star-shaped studs in your 2nd and 3rd piercings awhile back and loved them! :love: Thanks for the link to the site where you got them from. I might buy some similar looking ones since I love how they look on your ears!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I have four piercings in my left (three in my lobe and one up high on my cartilage - called a Helix piercing) and two in my right lobe.

All I wear are earrings in my front lobes and a barbel in my cartilage/helix. I never wear earrings in my second/third piercings (haven't for years, yet they never closed up so I have the empty holes - drives me nuts). I wear WG or Silver in my front and my barbel is stainless steel.

For your ears, why not just wear silver while casually hunting around for WG. Maybe a local jeweler can order some for you? I had a custom necklace made and the jeweler had a huge catologue of basic pieces...nearly everything! ;-) And FWIW, when I went to a body piercing shop, the smallest ball size they carry is a 3 mm and they were SMALL!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
I have two holes in each ear. Daily I wear diamond studs in each. Bigger ones in the first hole and tiny ones in the second. But sometimes I will wear hoops or dangly earrings in the first hole, but still keep the studs in the second. :)

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
MC|1306175646|2928387 said:
Hi,
I have four piercings in my left (three in my lobe and one up high on my cartilage - called a Helix piercing) and two in my right lobe.

All I wear are earrings in my front lobes and a barbel in my cartilage/helix. I never wear earrings in my second/third piercings (haven't for years, yet they never closed up so I have the empty holes - drives me nuts). I wear WG or Silver in my front and my barbel is stainless steel.

For your ears, why not just wear silver while casually hunting around for WG. Maybe a local jeweler can order some for you? I had a custom necklace made and the jeweler had a huge catologue of basic pieces...nearly everything! ;-) And FWIW, when I went to a body piercing shop, the smallest ball size they carry is a 3 mm and they were SMALL!

Hi MC-Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to check my local jeweler soon and see if they have something similar to what I'm looking for or might be able to order me something. I actually tried looking for stainless steel studs to wear in my 2nd piercings but couldn't find any. :confused: I'm not sure what's a good earring site to purchase from that sells stainless steel. I think I may still have my old sterling silver ones, but if I don't, I might just buy some new ones while looking for white gold or platinum ones. I don't have anything against sterling silver, but if I wear it too often, sometimes it'll irritate my ears.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have one extra piercing in my left ear - so does my mom and best friend. We all match. I wear a "permanent" ten point diamond/platinum stud in that ear. I only take it out to clean it.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Xiriah|1306176334|2928391 said:
MC|1306175646|2928387 said:
Hi,

Hi MC-Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to check my local jeweler soon and see if they have something similar to what I'm looking for or might be able to order me something. I actually tried looking for stainless steel studs to wear in my 2nd piercings but couldn't find any. :confused: I'm not sure what's a good earring site to purchase from that sells stainless steel. I think I may still have my old sterling silver ones, but if I don't, I might just buy some new ones while looking for white gold or platinum ones. I don't have anything against sterling silver, but if I wear it too often, sometimes it'll irritate my ears.

You can check body piercing websites or shops. Stainless steel is often used because there is less chance of infection/allergic reaction. If you get a short barbel, it will look like a stud from the front and will just have a ball on the back instead of the standard butterfly back. The style is very comfortable!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have 3 on my left ear, and 2 on my right. I only wear earrings in the first hole of each ear....I think I'm over all the hassle of getting matchy earrings :) Saves a lot of time and money!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
3 in left and 1 in right. I used to wear graduated studs or hoops..I loved how the hoops looked. Now..I've not worn earrings in so long I don't remember the last time. I might need to get them re pierced. My cousin does it in his tattoo shop so that will be my route..probably before my daughter has hers done, to show her it's not scary.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
So it'd look small like the stud I have. The exact same style is available in titanium, which is also known to be very hypo-allergenic.

bbhlx.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
packrat|1306179389|2928421 said:
3 in left and 1 in right. I used to wear graduated studs or hoops..I loved how the hoops looked. Now..I've not worn earrings in so long I don't remember the last time. I might need to get them re pierced. My cousin does it in his tattoo shop so that will be my route..probably before my daughter has hers done, to show her it's not scary.

Yeah, I don't even think it's recommended to go anywhere else besides a piercer, even for lobes. I guess the piercing guns cannot be properly disinfected and one lady (I read online) got her entire training for Claires by practing on teddy bears for 2 weeks! lol My kids were with me when I got my cartilage done and were totally facinated. I told them if they couldn't handle watching an ear piercing with a needle, then they shouldn't be playing war video games. lol

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have 5 in each ear (3 on each lobe and 2 in the cartilage on each side) but I just wear diamond studs in the first holes now. I used to wear hoops in all of them.

I love Circe's star earrings, though-they make me want to get some of my own to wear in my other holes!

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
I have two lobe piercings in each ear. I have a third in one ear like 1/2 inch above the second hole. I wear diamond hoops in the first hole, most of the time. I always wear a pair of diamond studs in the second hole. I wear a diamond stud in the third hole. I only take the 2cd and 3rd out for cleanings. I only put in the hoops when I go out somewhere.

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
MC|1306179674|2928423 said:
Yeah, I don't even think it's recommended to go anywhere else besides a piercer, even for lobes. I guess the piercing guns cannot be properly disinfected and one lady (I read online) got her entire training for Claires by practing on teddy bears for 2 weeks! lol My kids were with me when I got my cartilage done and were totally facinated. I told them if they couldn't handle watching an ear piercing with a needle, then they shouldn't be playing war video games. lol

I think Claires now uses disposable guns. If I remember right, when I got my 3rd piercing, each earring came pre-loaded in a sealed, sterilized gun, then once used, was thrown away.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I have two holes in each earlobe, but I usually wear earrings only in the first hole. When I do wear earrings in the second hole, they're my smaller pair of diamond studs (.5 ctw in plat) or the teeny studs you can buy at Claire's or Forever 21 in a three-pack. Claire's has hypoallergenic ones, and if they start to look yucky, I just get rid of them since they're so cheap.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ears are double pierced but I haven't worn earrings in my second holes for a few years. When I wore earrings in them consistently, I mostly switched back and forth between small SS balls and small diamond studs.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have three holes in my right ear lobe and two in my left ear lobe and my left ear cartilage pierced. I usually wear bigger studs in the 1st hole and smaller ones in the other holes.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I have 3 in my left and 2 in my right. When I was young, I'd wear all mismatched earrings. When I started working professionally, I wore 3 graduated sized diamonds. Now I only wear the first piercing.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I have one in my left lobe and three in my right lobe. My right ear is done like a sideways triangle, if that makes any sense. I wear my diamond studs in the original set and tiny diamond studs in the second and third holes. I did the piercings about 25 years ago and they won't close up, but I still like them so it is okay.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC|1306179674|2928423 said:
packrat|1306179389|2928421 said:

I never knew any different until he opened his shop and started doing it, he explained the reasoning which made sense. No way will I be subjecting London to a teddy bear trainee!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I do!

I have 2 ear lobe piercings and I have both of my Tragus' pierced. I wear little tiny rhinestones looking earrings in my tragus'. I wear small studs in my 2nd holes and bigger ones in my first.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do. I used to have a lot more than just two in each side. 5 on the lobes, two in the cartilage, one in my left tragus, and one in the right rook. 14 total.

It was a big PITA.

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
FrekeChild|1306193968|2928634 said:
I do. I used to have a lot more than just two in each side. 5 on the lobes, two in the cartilage, one in my left tragus, and one in the right rook. 14 total.

It was a big PITA.

Wow, that's a lot of piercings Liz! :D I have to say that I love wearing tiny studs in my second piercing. Also to update everyone, I was able to find an Etsy vendor who could make me 14kt (recycled) white gold 3mm ball studs for just $38! If anyone's interested, here's a link to the shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/louisagallery?ref=seller_info I might have to get some stacking rings made by her too. :lickout:

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I've got three in my left lobe and one in my right. Right now I've got some teeny sterling hoops from this Etsy seller
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MysticMoons
in the second and third hole I can sleep in. I'll take them out in a few months and wear my .12 diamond studs I had made last fall. (I don't sleep in those.) It may sound crazy, but do some testing with small studs before you commit to something pricey. The guy who made my studs said he could go as small as .1, but I got some .3 fakes on Ebay and they wanted to almost go through the holes.
One of my roommates in college had three in one ear and four in the other. We were in each other's jewelry all the time.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I have 7 holes in my left ear and 3 in my right. My first lobe piercings are stretched, so they are a different story. Lol. I wear plain old stainless steel studs in all my piercings. They have a tendency to get infected with anything else, so I have only been able to manage stainless.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
2 holes in each ear. The 2nd hole was put in so I could buy small diamond studs to wear with my new diamond hoops.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I have 3 piercings on each lobe, and 2 cartilage ones on my right ear. The lobe piercings are diamond studs, and the cartilage are just very thin sterling silver hoops.

Here's a pic of the studs.
kiki_diamond_studs.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I have four piercings in the lobe (not the cartilage) of my left ear and two on my right. The left ear, I wear: usually chandelier earrings in the first holes, then in the second, third and fourth piercings decending sizes of 14K white gold bezeled diamonds. Very small ones. The second piercing has... 1.5mm bezeled diamond, then another 1.5mm bezeled diamond and finally a 1mm bezeled diamond. The right ear 2nd pierce has, again, a 1.5mm bezel. Since I got them from a body piercing site, the size is *total*- including the bezel. So the 1mm is TINY. My ears/lobes are super small so it's a good choice for me. I got them from www.alluringbody.com,,, and each stud was like $75ish each. I like that site because they had some really small, dainty bezels. The 1mm size is hard to find and I think maybe they've stopped carrying it actually.

Actually about half of the bezeled studs in my ears started life as nose screws; I realized quickly I couldn't wear anything except the straight nose bone style stud in my nose (that the screw style was too large for my nose and hung out it- mmmm, sexay!) and converted the nose screws to earrings.

Circe, I *love* your star shaped studs. I will check out the site- but I suspect my ears are too small for those styles :(sad and they'd be super crowded in my multiple holes.

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
texaskj|1306196351|2928668 said:
I've got three in my left lobe and one in my right. Right now I've got some teeny sterling hoops from this Etsy seller
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MysticMoons
in the second and third hole I can sleep in. I'll take them out in a few months and wear my .12 diamond studs I had made last fall. (I don't sleep in those.) It may sound crazy, but do some testing with small studs before you commit to something pricey. The guy who made my studs said he could go as small as .1, but I got some .3 fakes on Ebay and they wanted to almost go through the holes.
One of my roommates in college had three in one ear and four in the other. We were in each other's jewelry all the time.

Ooh-thanks for the link to this shop! Speaking of committing to something pricey, I am considering having a pair of diamond earrings reset into bezel studs by Brian Gavin. I can't decide if I should choose 18kt white gold or platinum... I want to go with the white gold since majority of my jewelry is gold and it is $100 less than the platinum, BUT I haven't worn white gold earrings before so I'm concerned my ears might react to them. They said they don't work with palladium so that's not an option. I have however worn a 14kt white gold ring and my skin's been fine, and I also have a pair of white metal heirloom earrings that were my grandmother's and my ears have been fine whenever I wear them. I suspect they may be white gold since they don't feel weighty like platinum does (and they are pretty big earrings) and they have diamonds set in them (I know they're diamonds since they have a little bit of carbon and inclusions in them.) So they're definitely a precious metal, but I don't see any signs of plating wear if they are white gold...

Is anyone here allergic to white gold, and more specifically 18kt white gold? I'm pretty sure I'll be fine since I've worn costume jewelry and never had any allergies but it's just something on my mind.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results