shape
carat
color
clarity

Who here has more than one piercing in their ear?

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I have 7 in each ear currently (down I think by 3 per ear). In my left ear, I have 3 lobe piercings, one helix, in in the middle of the 3rd and helix, and my daith and inner conch pierced. On my right ear, I have the same, but instead of the inner conch and daith, I have my rook and tragus.

I wear mostly diamond studs, but wear a small gold hoops in my daith, rook, and both helixes.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
I have the most weird piercing on my ears. one right on top of the other~ :bigsmile:
IMG_1168.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have three in each ear which I wear daily. Graduated diamond studs.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I have 3 in one ear and in the other. That was the style in the 80's to have more in one ear than the other. I have not worn earrings in any other than first holes in over 16 years but the other holes never closed up. My 11 year asked me the other day if I could still use them and I showed her I could, and the earring went in easily.

I regret the extra holes big time. I wear diamond studs daily and especially in the ear with 3 holes, I don't like the look of the empty holes.

I did it in college.

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
asscherisme|1306249303|2929094 said:
I have 3 in one ear and in the other. That was the style in the 80's to have more in one ear than the other. I have not worn earrings in any other than first holes in over 16 years but the other holes never closed up. My 11 year asked me the other day if I could still use them and I showed her I could, and the earring went in easily.

I regret the extra holes big time. I wear diamond studs daily and especially in the ear with 3 holes, I don't like the look of the empty holes.

I did it in college.

Hi Asscherisme-I'm sorry to hear you regret your extra piercings. I came across an old thread when I was searching and it was about multiple piercings. Some of the ladies shared regrets about the extra holes in their ears. Sometimes I think I would like an extra hole here or there, but I haven't done it since I'm afraid of cartilage shattering and I know I wouldn't like 3 piercings on each lobe since it would personally feel like too much for me. Even when I wear earrings now, I always put a small set of studs (usually plain ball earrings) in my 2nd piercings since I hate not having anything in them while I'm wearing studs in my first set. I like the way it looks, so it's okay with me, but it drives me nuts thinking about not wearing 2 sets at the same time and just having empty holes showing. The only time I forgo putting small studs in my 2nd piercings, is when the earrings I'm wearing in my first ones are pretty large (like costume dangle earrings, or my grandma's ornate large earrings, etc.) While looking at other people's ears, I don't think it looks bad when I see extra/empty holes. I do however love the look of a small second stud in one or both ears. :))

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
asscherisme|1306249303|2929094 said:

I did it in college.

Yep, same. I entirely regret getting my ear lobes pierced more than once. I would love to have just my lobes once and my cartilage. I was thinking about a tragus or rook piercing but changed my mind because it may look odd on me...too many for my age. lol

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
iugurl|1306183418|2928480 said:
I think Claires now uses disposable guns. If I remember right, when I got my 3rd piercing, each earring came pre-loaded in a sealed, sterilized gun, then once used, was thrown away.

When did you get your 3rd done? My friends both got their cartilage piercings at the same time, over six months ago, and one still has infections. I think it's because she's using 14K gold and I've read that often this will cause an allergic reaction (the reason why stainless is recommended at the place I went to). One other said she heard a crunching noise when her ear was pierced up there and I looked into that and it seems that piercing guns can cause damage/scaring, etc.

The piercer I went to has 10 years experience and is really into the body's natural defense at healing...saying my lymph nodes would heal my ear and just to do sea salt soaks. He said no hydrogen peroxide , as it kills good bacteria along side bad, and not to turn my earring like I did with my lobe piercings way back when I was 13... so ear piercing has come a long way!

ETA - both my kids are boys, but if I had a girl, I'd take her to a piercer! Hopefully my boys don't ask for piercings. lol I've seen boys younger than 7 with their ear pierced. I think that's WAY too young!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
minmin001|1306236043|2928972 said:
I have the most weird piercing on my ears. one right on top of the other~ :bigsmile:
IMG_1168.jpg

That looks so cool.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1306261739|2929252 said:
minmin001|1306236043|2928972 said:
IMG_1168.jpg

That looks so cool.

Yeah, it is! I've been obsessing over different piercing styles and haven't seen that before!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results