shape
carat
color
clarity

Who has NON H&A stones (higher facets)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m curious about the higher faceted stones, I saw a 100-facet 1ct and enjoyed the look. I was wondering if anyone has "real-life" pictures of higher faceted stones like the star129, solasfera, eighternity, etc, and what the ct weight is? I thought that I would find the 1ct with 100 facets too busy but I actually enjoyed that it had a different look to it. I have seen the videos at GOG but would love it if some PSers had pics for me too, and experiences to share.

Thanks a bunch!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I did find this pic of a star 129...but I don''t know how accurate it is as it looks like someone chopped it in half and pasted the mirror image together.

star129 arthursjewelers.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
another star...

star-129-diamond-showcase.jpg

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Here is my 1.20 carat, canadian diamond 100 facets .. This is an upgrade from my old ring of 0.82 carat canadian diamopnd 128 facets, which I don''t think I have a close up of it.... I like how the extra facets makes my diamond look unique, like a mini disco ball sometimes in different lighting....
1.gif

diamond ring3.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
grape, I LOVE your ring!! Did you do a thread on it?

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Ellen, I still trying to fingure out how to take a good pics of my ring, so I didn''t do a thread on it...

BTW, I admire your ring a lot!
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2007 1:39:24 PM
Author: grapegravity
Ellen, I still trying to fingure out how to take a good pics of my ring, so I didn''t do a thread on it...

1.gif
Well there''s nothing wrong with that pic you just posted! so get to work girly, I want to see more views!
9.gif

And thank you.
1.gif

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/24/2007 1:50:33 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 2/24/2007 1:39:24 PM

1.gif
Well there''s nothing wrong with that pic you just posted! so get to work girly, I want to see more views!
9.gif

And thank you.
1.gif
Once I get over my cold ( I feel really bad, and congested right now
8.gif
) and finish my final in 2 weeks, I''ll start planning to do a thread..
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, ok. Feel better!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2007 12:56:08 PM
Here is my 1.20 carat, canadian diamond 100 facets .. This is an upgrade from my old ring of 0.82 carat canadian diamopnd 128 facets, which I don''t think I have a close up of it.... I like how the extra facets makes my diamond look unique, like a mini disco ball sometimes in different lighting....
1.gif
Very pretty!! Thanks for the picture, and you really do need to post more.
9.gif
How did you find the 128 facets in the 0.82ct? I tried on a 1ct with 100 facets the other day, and I really liked it (the jeweler wanted 10,000 Canadian for it
38.gif
, and then he told me that they don''t add anything to gold to make white gold, they just take the copper out of it
38.gif
38.gif
). Do you find a major difference between the 128 and 100? Did you drop in facets on purpose when you upgraded to a 1.20ct?

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/24/2007 6:31:03 PM
Author: blingergrrrl

Date: 2/24/2007 12:56:08 PM
1.gif
Very pretty!! Thanks for the picture, and you really do need to post more.
9.gif
How did you find the 128 facets in the 0.82ct? I tried on a 1ct with 100 facets the other day, and I really liked it (the jeweler wanted 10,000 Canadian for it
38.gif
, and then he told me that they don''t add anything to gold to make white gold, they just take the copper out of it
38.gif
38.gif
). Do you find a major difference between the 128 and 100? Did you drop in facets on purpose when you upgraded to a 1.20ct?
Around 3 years ago, me and my bf were just window shopping in the mall... And we saw the 128 facets 0.82 carat canadian diamond H, VS2 in plat prong and 18kt. and I really like it... So he bought it for me on the spot, it costs him at that time $7k + tax cdn. And then just last xmas at the same store, I saw this 1.20 carat with 100 facets, Si2, H and we decided to trade it in, the price tag of this ring is around $15k cdn include tax...

I do I miss the look of 128 facets, it more firy and scintillating.. the cut of the 128 facets is different than 100 facets... I don''t think you can find 128 facets in canada anymore, I was told by that B&M store manager that they only carry 128 facets that one year, after that, it''s all 100 facets...

Basically,I sacrificed the size for the look..

Here''s the link of my old thread on the plot of 128 facets and actually some pics of the old ring
1.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/question-about-round-brilliant-cut.33177/

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry it took me so long to reply! Apparently Good Old Gold carries a 129 facet diamond and I can''t decide between it and an H&A. I like that it looks different, but I just don''t know!!!! I guess that''s kinda why I made this thread! lol. Have you compared your diamonds to the H&A''s?

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
*bump* for any more responses?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results