shape
carat
color
clarity

Who ever heard of it...in search of a smaller diamond

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SimoneDi thank you for your thoughtful reply. I totally hear you about the ring and yes, the hand shot is a lot of bling. And that ring is not the original "wedding band" with which I hoped to wear the new CvB ring but a different one. No, I have a few 1.8 mm to 2.0 mm bands that I will likely wear with my new ring.

Honestly SimoneDi I am not an expert by any means but for my comfort zone and to my eye, the current stone is just a bit too much, especially for the new setting. Does that make sense??

Got it re the bands. I think that 2mm or so would look great with the ring. And I completely understand about the size not being what you want, but I guess what I am trying to say is to take your time finding what you really want, vs. buying the first suitable stone. I think (hope) that you will be happier then. I am not an OEC expert, but I will keep my eyes open for you!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
@SimoneDi Thank you so much. And yes, yes and yes! I hear you about taking time and the CZ Wink is very nice! I will explore that avenue today as well, especially after I speak with a few folks. Thank you.

Folks here have been invaluable and I definitely know I want an old stone, no perfect reproductions. I love the flowery patterns of beautifully cut OECs but $$$$$$. I am pretty certain the setting will accommodate an 8.0 mm (roughly) 2 carat diamond, give or take. I"ll check with Caysie.

It's a ring. I'll get through this. My current diamond is pretty huge, no getting around that. And I'm just not a fan of it out of the Casablanca Setting. I'm sure Adam will confirm this. Gonna call that sweet man next!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Toni, I would not set anything in the setting until you get the new diamond. I think prongs can weaken when stone are taken in and out and sometimes damage is done to them in the process.

I am hoping 8mm will work. I really like that size and think it would be large but not as large feeling as the other stone!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Toni, I would not set anything in the setting until you get the new diamond. I think prongs can weaken when stone are taken in and out and sometimes damage is done to them in the process.

I am hoping 8mm will work. I really like that size and think it would be large but not as large feeling as the other stone!

@diamondseeker2006 thank you for the input! I totally hear you! I know at times I must come across as one confused UN-HOT mess. I hope people will believe me when I say I'm really not-smile. If budget weren't a consideration, I'd get the cleanest, warmest (without showing yellow or brown), most spread-y, most light catching, original OEC I could find! But money is a consideration, so I have a budget...but a fair one. I think my budget is alright 'cause I truly prefer stones with warmth and color, which will bring the cost of the diamond down somewhat.

The MRBs placed in the ring yesterday at the Ann Arbor jeweler for "size" were too icy, too white, too rainbow-ish, just too modern for the setting. That much I know! I am not a fan of hearts 'n arrows, crushed ice, throwing off rainbows kinda diamonds. They just feel too girly, too young for my tastes. It's all preference.

And buried in the beginning of all this, I mentioned the wonderful folks in Ann Arbor Michigan threw a few MRB 1.80 +/- diamonds in my setting yesterday. They all looked lovely, albeit (IMHO, untrained eye) a wee0bit small. I think something around 8.0 mm will work. It will give me the shoulders-to-center diamond proportions I like but will not overpower the ring, my hand, or my comfort level.

It will get done!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Returns are not accepted, is there negotiation on that?

Also, this is smaller, but cheaper and I like the overall look of it, although I don't know much about OECs, so feel free to ignore my suggestion: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/152746312836

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
@SimoneDi thank you for your help! Yup...just saw the no returns on the diamond, so that will not work at all.

I just had the best conversation with Adam @ Old World Diamonds. Gosh...what a sweet, kind man he is! He is going to help. I have total confidence in him 'cause I saw what he did with the Casablanca setting. Even if it takes 'til Christmas, it's all good. I'm in no hurry.

We spoke about this "muffin top" occlusive appearance that the current diamond (which was) in the new setting has/had and Adam knew exactly 10,000% what I was talking about! He said "Don't feel badly...not all diamonds work in all settings...no way...I know you, Toni and I know exactly what you are talking about and looking for."

You know how you just "click" with some vendors/customers/folks? Adam and I have the whole New York City thing going' on-lolol. Well, I know MANY diamond vendors are in New York but Adam and I are a great fit. I cannot say enough good and positive things about him and OWD.

Adam told me "he specifically chose that 2.43 ct OEC due to the wide spread, in order to properly fit the parameters of the Casablanca Halo Ring." Adam said "it is NOT the right stone for the new solitaire...I get it."

Sanity check!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Toni, have you texted Caysie today? That's the best way to reach her during business hours 9-5 pacific or 12-8pm eastern time.

I just feel like only she can advise you about the stone issue, and really, I am concerned about the removal of the stone by another jeweler. But hopefully if you buy another one, he'll set it for you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you mean by "muffin top"? Are you meaning a high crown? That is what I love about OECs! You'd better go with transitional if you want a more modern cut with low crown and larger table then.

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
@diamondseeker2006 thanks for the input and the feedback. Caysie is so busy, I dislike bothering the woman with this minutia. I know there's lots of information to read but the OEC 2.43 is already OUT of the new CvB setting. It's being place back into the Casablanca Setting.

Not sure how to explain "muffin top." When viewing this lovely ring from the top, the 2.43 carat
OEC completely occludes the setting...it occludes everything! Everyone who saw the ring commented on this feature. Things like "Oh my...all you see is this big massive stone...cannot see the beauty of the setting." Looks like a huge lightbulb pushed into a setting.

I mentioned my one and only other attempt at a solitaire, some many years ago, which was a 1.35 Old Transitional, which I didn't like at all. I bought that stone for a pittance in a horrible setting and had it reset. I wore the ring for many years before selling it. The faceting was too checkerboard in some laces, disorganized in others. The color was extremely bright and the diamond didn't have a culet. I never liked that ring and have never owned or worn a solitaire since.

I know some of the beauty of an OEC is in its high crown. But my intuition tells me my new ring may look better with a different diamond. Maybe it won't be an OEC. Adam and I talked about Mine Cuts (Cushions) and OECs. There's gotta be something out there that will work, don't you think?

I think my Casablanca diamond is the wrong diamond for the new ring. I guess I'll try texting Caysie. We usually chat around this time. It's 9:00 pm Eastern Time and 6:00 pm California time, so...

I really do not want to bother her with this 'cause the diamond has zero to do with the setting, right? Maybe because I'm new to this custom setting journey, I'm handling this incorrectly.

Last edited:

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
@diamondseeker. You know, I re-read your post several times (and all the other helpful & useful posts). And I'm thinking, "Well if an 8.44 mm x 8.32 mm x 5.45 mm EOC or Diamond has to go into the new setting because that's what the setting was designed to hold, well that's what will go in." It just won't be the diamond that came out of the Casablanca. I just do not think that diamond enhances the setting at all. Maybe I'm all wrong... I'll text Caysie.

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forget about the settings honestly sell them all if you have to start with a diamond you love then the setting is just the icing to show that off.

If you can, actually go to OWD and LOOK at the stones. Then, and probably only then, will you be able to find something you really like. Not all transitionals or OECs look the same they have a wide range of different cut patterns.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I see what you mean about not liking that particular diamond! Sounds like you may have to see some and experiment. As Arkie said, it might be good if you could make the trip to OWD and see several at a time. I am just thinking it's possible the size may need to be closer to the diamond that was in the setting, if you plan to keep it. I feel like that jeweler was hoping he'd sell you a diamond and was encouraging you to change diamonds and saying that 7.8mm+ would fit for that reason. Maybe I am totally wrong, but that's how I felt reading about it. I sincerely want you to end up happy with the ring in the end!

Did you reach Caysie? I try not to contact her after 5:30 or on the weekends, even though I know she works really long hours.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You probably need a stone in the I, J, K, L range maybe as low as an M if it is white facing, and something with a much better cut pattern that the one you currently have.

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
You probably need a stone in the I, J, K, L range maybe as low as an M if it is white facing, and something with a much better cut pattern that the one you currently have.

I totally agree with you 10,000%! I like the 2.43 diamond...it's okay...but I don't love it and it is not good as a solitaire...no way. I am not a professional like you all, which is why I value your input so much! But I do know a bit about design and style...what works and what does not. And I know (as Adam eluded to) this is the wrong diamond for this setting.

And I hear you about scraping it all and getting my "forever" OEC, etc. But I do love my new setting...it is precious! Give me a chance to get it right! AND THANKS FOR THE HELP!! You've been truly helpful!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I see what you mean about not liking that particular diamond! Sounds like you may have to see some and experiment. As Arkie said, it might be good if you could make the trip to OWD and see several at a time. I am just thinking it's possible the size may need to be closer to the diamond that was in the setting, if you plan to keep it. I feel like that jeweler was hoping he'd sell you a diamond and was encouraging you to change diamonds and saying that 7.8mm+ would fit for that reason. Maybe I am totally wrong, but that's how I felt reading about it. I sincerely want you to end up happy with the ring in the end!

Did you reach Caysie? I try not to contact her after 5:30 or on the weekends, even though I know she works really long hours.

Texted Caysie and I've not hear from her yet @diamondseeker2006

And YES...OMG...thank you @diamondseeker2006 You have TOTALLY captured my thoughts and feelings about the 1.80 ct. Exactly! I don't trust these schmendricks (my latest new word that I love) in the Ann Arbor brick 'n mortar store...not one wee-bit!

I am an interesting creature 'cause I'm pretty private and I like low-key...I like keeping below the radar (thus the size sensitive stuff, I imagine...although I love beautiful jewelry). So, I think these folks in Ann Arbor misread me a bit. I could see their MRB, $18,000 stone was totally wrong for my setting, too! No way. It wasn't gonna happen and it isn't gonna happen.

And on another positive note...I finally got to my Inbox and I had a great email from Erica at LAD. She has a pretty OMC 5-stone 1.60 ring I own on consignment. I wrote her yesterday (when I reached out to Adam) and I told her about my dilemma. She seems willing to help, too.

I think her diamonds are gorgeous...most are out of my price range-smile.

But she knows Caysie's work, right? So she may also be a resource. Frankly, if someone is willing to take my Casablanca and work with me on a new OEC, I'd be forever grateful and thrilled. If either Erica or Adam will help with this, I'm in. Erica sounded a bit more hopeful about a "swap" of sorts 'cause I think she knows Caysie's work and she knows its market (whereas while Adam has sourced stones for Caysie, I'm not so sure he feels as confident about selling the Casablanca). Just sayin'

Because I do appreciate warmer stones, I'm hoping I can keep my cost down a bit. But I cannot go too low in color...then I'm back to square one.

I need to hear that an 8 mm +/- or approximate 2 carat diamond +/- will work in my setting. And I'm okay hearing it from Caysie, Adam or Erica.

I think Adam at OWD may have a wee-bit larger diamond inventory than Erica. Am I mistaken??

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Oh and I don't think I've been clear but Adam intimately knows my 2.43 ct diamond and therefore knows it's the wrong diamond for my new solitaire setting (or many solitaire settings). I bought the 2.43 ct from OWD after purchasing the pre-loved Casablanca on Diamond Bistro. Adam remembers our process for procuring the 2.43 stone quite well...he vividly recalls the 2.43 diamond :roll2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am much like you as being on the low key side and not really wanting to stand out as having the largest diamond since I live in a relatively small town outside of a larger city. Even though the area is relatively affluent, every single person I know wears their original engagement ring from their early 20's which means diamonds generally not over 1 ct. It is a dilemma to love beautiful diamonds and jewelry and keep that balance!

OWD is a diamond supplier, I believe, and they sell whoesale to jewelers as well as retail to individuals. So yes, Adam will have access to more stones in-house that most. There are other antique diamond suppliers that the jewelers buy from, so what I will say is having Adam show you his things and one other person like Erica looking (through other suppliers) for you is enough. Otherwise, you're going to have the people looking through the same inventories and taking up their time when you can only buy from one. Adam is primarily a diamond seller (with access to a bench that will set stones they sell, I believe), so no, he wouldn't consign a setting for you as far as I know. You do need to have Erica sell the Casablanca with or without the diamond. Some people may only want one or the other, so be willing to let the setting and diamond be sold separately if necessary. I will add that Erica may have to have diamonds shipped to her to show you, so I'd be willing to pay for that shipping in the event you don't buy a diamond from her. Not sure how she handles that, though.

While I personally would only take the ringmaker's advice on size of stone, if you are wanting the advice of others who will be sourcing the new stone and having it set for you, they will absolutely have to have your setting in their hands to determine that. So you may need to choose who you want to buy a diamond from, send them the new setting, and then they can get their own bench's opinion on the lowest size that will look right and fit the head and keep the overall aesthetics of the ring intact. I do think it is important to find a stone you absolutely love and want to keep forever. So if that means a diamond that is too small for this setting, you'd just have to sell the setting and have Caysie make you a new one scaled down for the size of your new stone. Plenty of us have changed stones and settings, and unfortunately, sometimes it takes trial and error to get to the perfect one for us. But as Arkie said above, buy a a forever diamond, and then go from there. I look forward to seeing what you choose!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
@diamondseeker I cannot thank you enough for your wisdom, PATIENCE and kindness. I have frequently read info on this forum and I've learned so much. I know us new consumers can be (dare I say ARE) extremely annoying and frustrating with our ignorance. So thank you and I thank @arkieb1

@diamondseeker2006 I have extreme intuition about people and you are a special one. Your ability to comprehend and understand, then articulate back that which one is feeling is astounding.

Yes...I am only between Adam and Erica at this point and now, LEANING MORE TOWARDS ERICA. As you stated, @diamondseeker2006 Erica most likely has the greatest ability and best options for 1) procuring a great diamond, 2) selling the Casablanca Ring (setting only, diamond only, complete ring as is, etc...doesn't matter to me), 3) working within my budget and time frame (no huge hurry...would prefer having this done before the holiday rush).

And yes Adam and Erica and I already discussed that the new setting must be in either's possession (a necessity) to make a new diamond work.

And my husband and I agree that we will bump-up our budget for the "right" diamond. It's out there. I love my CvB setting. It is a work of art and a masterpiece. I think a diamond of better cut & color but a wee-bit smaller will make it complete.

There is a diamond out there that will work in this setting. I just know it. This 2.43 is a VERY SPREADY top heavy diamond, specifically chosen to meet the parameters of the Casablanca Setting. Not all diamonds are so spready, each has their own unique character and style, right?

@diamondseeker2006 PLEEEEEEEZ don't leave and please follow my journey! You are a God-Send and someone off whom I can bounce thoughts, ideas. And I know you have a great design eye!
:oops2: :dance: :pray:

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m curious; if a MRB is what made you cry have you considered just going with that? Seems it would solve your search and selection problem and the outcome makes you cry-happy?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Toni, it is my pleasure if I can be of any help to you! I want you to end up with your dream ring!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much as I love Adam, think it's most practical for you to work with Erica -- and perhaps Erica will give you the new stone at somewhat of a discount below what her asking price would ordinarily be since she'll be making commissions on the Casablanca and your 5-stone ring.

I'll join diamondseeker2006 in urging you to rely on Caysie & her bench for the range in dimensions of a new stone the Kithara can accommodate as it is now. If the ring had a peg head, it would be easy-peasy to swap that out for any peg head appropriate for a diamond otherwise congruent with the rest of the setting.

But the Kithara has a (lovely) integrated head. And when I first started trawling eBay for secondhand semi-mounts or rings to use for colored gemstones, my now retired neighborhood jeweler (who did basic bench work & did it nicely) counseled me to rule out non-peg head, rings/semi-mounts with a head/basket made for a stone more than .2 mm in length & width than the face-up dimensions of my stones. So he would not be giving his blessing to, e.g., the 7.8 or 8.0 mm stones suggested upthread since we now know Kithara was made for a 8.44 mm x 8.32 mm x 5.45 mm stone.*

Granted, he may have been super conservative in this regard because he knew I didn't want to spend additional money to redo heads/baskets (not always feasible even if price is no object). But I wanted to share the reason for my own concern for you in this regard, why I think it would be great for you to hear "from the horse's mouth" about the range of dimensions that will work with Kithara "as is."

* Colored stones are often cut deeper than than diamonds of the same face-up dimensions, so that's something else I would check with him before bidding to see if he thought it would be problematic to "seat" my stone in the ring/semi-mount I was eyeballing. Not sure how much of difference in depth of the replacement diamond would matter here, but you'll want reassurance that the new stone can be seated properly.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been reading along. Sounds like some great progress. I do think with old cuts they are very individual. 20 OEC diamonds within the same general weight all behave and look so different from each other. Hand cutting results in such an indivudal stone. So, working with someone(s) who can show you a bunch of options sitting in the setting before committing is really helpful. I think for the setting you may also find that crown height affercts how well it you may be both spread and height sensitive, so I think the crown/table proportions may be part of what is visually throwing you.

Budget aside, I'd be open to a range of spreads and styles to see what sings in that setting. You will know it when you see it.

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
I’m curious; if a MRB is what made you cry have you considered just going with that? Seems it would solve your search and selection problem and the outcome makes you cry-happy?

Hey...thank you for your observation! You know, I think it was being able to SEE my beyond gorgeous Kithara Setting (as Caysie and I are calling it) without the honker diamond occluding everything! I think seeing the glorious setting is what brought me a few tears (not a full boo-hoo-hoo bawling).

I've gotta get some hand shots of my setting. It is a work of art. I just wish Caysie knew how much I appreciate her and the setting...it will work out.

But YES! A MRB may be the solution. We'll see! To me, THE DIFFICULT PART IS OVER (read below)!!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Toni, it is my pleasure if I can be of any help to you! I want you to end up with your dream ring!

@diamondseeker2006 and everyone!
Huge SIGH of RELIEF! Triple Red Banner Day goin' on here. Well I am Blessed, so every day is pretty good!

So, Caysie texted me earlier this morning. I could sense from the "tone" of her text she is a bit disappointed in me but I get it. I'm sure she wanted me to totally fall in love with the finished product from her shop and that didn't happen. I stressed how much I adore the setting but I'm afraid I may have hurt her nonetheless. And for that I feel awful. I adore Caysie and we'll work it out.

Caysie said "she TOTALLY gets it" regarding the diamond.

But the great news is YES...my new setting CAN ACCOMMODATE A SMALLER DIAMOND, as I knew it would!

Caysie said, "her bench stressed he would not go ANY SMALLER THAN AN 8.1 mm diamond...that's it." So, an approximate 8.1 mm stone +/- ...more minus, I hope... an 8.1 mm diamond is what I'd hoped for, that is an approximate 2 carat diamond! Yippppeeeeeee!

So, depending on numerous factors, perhaps I can go as low as an M (thank you @arkieb1) and find an imperfect diamond (shudder), or perhaps I can IDEALLY find something even UNDER 2.0 carats with the measurements that fit (8.1 mm x 8.1 mm x whatever), perhaps I can stay at a reasonable price point.

Oh Caysie also texted, "Another jeweler or bench may go less than 8.1 mm but her bench would not and they don't advise it."

I emailed Erica and I'll contact Adam next week. I am excited about this! The 2.43 ct is being re-set back into the Casablanca by a great diamond setter in Ann Arbor Michigan. It should be ready by Wednesday-Thursday of this upcoming week.

I'll do a Cushion Cut, an OEC, a Mine Cut...may even consider new (but I doubt it).

And I wish Caysie knew this (I'll text her later in the week when all the dust settles); however, my husband (who has an MFA from Syracuse University, Studio Arts & Sculpture...but he works in Nuclear Engineering...go figure) is so taken by Caysie's setting he said "we can & will go up in budget to find the beautiful diamond that the Kithara Setting deserves because the Kithara Setting is a masterpiece." We'd prefer not having to put out too much more cash than we're already in for but it's an option for the right stone! :errrr: :dance: :geek2: :mrgreen2: :P2

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Much as I love Adam, think it's most practical for you to work with Erica -- and perhaps Erica will give you the new stone at somewhat of a discount below what her asking price would ordinarily be since she'll be making commissions on the Casablanca and your 5-stone ring.

I'll join diamondseeker2006 in urging you to rely on Caysie & her bench for the range in dimensions of a new stone the Kithara can accommodate as it is now. If the ring had a peg head, it would be easy-peasy to swap that out for any peg head appropriate for a diamond otherwise congruent with the rest of the setting.

But the Kithara has a (lovely) integrated head. And when I first started trawling eBay for secondhand semi-mounts or rings to use for colored gemstones, my now retired neighborhood jeweler (who did basic bench work & did it nicely) counseled me to rule out non-peg head, rings/semi-mounts with a head/basket made for a stone more than .2 mm in length & width than the face-up dimensions of my stones. So he would not be giving his blessing to, e.g., the 7.8 or 8.0 mm stones suggested upthread since we now know Kithara was made for a 8.44 mm x 8.32 mm x 5.45 mm stone.*

Granted, he may have been super conservative in this regard because he knew I didn't want to spend additional money to redo heads/baskets (not always feasible even if price is no object). But I wanted to share the reason for my own concern for you in this regard, why I think it would be great for you to hear "from the horse's mouth" about the range of dimensions that will work with Kithara "as is."

* Colored stones are often cut deeper than than diamonds of the same face-up dimensions, so that's something else I would check with him before bidding to see if he thought it would be problematic to "seat" my stone in the ring/semi-mount I was eyeballing. Not sure how much of difference in depth of the replacement diamond would matter here, but you'll want reassurance that the new stone can be seated properly.

@MollyMalone this is EXACTLY what my husband and I are thinking. You nailed it! I know you and everyone out here will help me make an awesome decision. This ring will be Caysie's best work yet (sorry all CvB lovers but you've gotta see this setting). And I like Erica a whole lot. And I adore Adam.

Yes...I know a new 2 carat diamond vs my 2.43 is comparing "apples to oranges" but I've worked with Erica, she has my gorgeous 5-stone Mine Cut Ring and she'll have the Casablanca. Let me say, the intact Casablanca with the 2.43 OEC (that Adam chose for it) is NOTHING to sneeze at! It is a gorgeous beautiful lovely ring! It's just too darn big for me, my hand and my COMFORT! I stupidly never really anticipated a size problem when I bought the pre-loved Casablanca Setting and had Adam and his team procure and set the diamond.

So, our budget will move. It's all good. I'm willing to wait for the right stone! This "project" has been going on literally for months now...even longer when you throw in the Casablanca purchase.

But yes. I think you are 10,000% correct about working with Erica. Thank you thank you.

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I am so glad you reached Caysie, because the best outcome will come with following her advice on stone size! Now you have a great plan in place, and I am sure Erica can find you a nice diamond! Just be patient and wait for the one you really LOVE!

I think that is a huge compliment to Caysie from your artist husband that the setting is a masterpiece! I feel that way about a lot of her work, and liekwise, my art major daughter follows Caysie's Instagram because she loves her work so much!

I can't wait until you find a new stone and then we can have the big reveal of the ring!:appl:

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
I've been reading along. Sounds like some great progress. I do think with old cuts they are very individual. 20 OEC diamonds within the same general weight all behave and look so different from each other. Hand cutting results in such an individual stone. So, working with someone(s) who can show you a bunch of options sitting in the setting before committing is really helpful. I think for the setting you may also find that crown height affects how well it you may be both spread and height sensitive, so I think the crown/table proportions may be part of what is visually throwing you.

Budget aside, I'd be open to a range of spreads and styles to see what sings in that setting. You will know it when you see it.

@rockysalamander YES you are so spot on! There IS something about this diamond that seems all off for the lovely setting. I AM NOT AN EXPERT but is it the crown height? Is it the spread? Definitely the color isn't great for the pretty setting and the gorgeous melee and French Cuts. Is it the faceting? Truthfully, I think I mentioned up-thread there is something about the spread that makes the diamond look stuffed into the setting...bit of a mushroom look. Crown vs table vs overall depth, right?? Something just seems off (to my eyes).

Does this make sense???

Last edited:

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
@diamondseeker2006 You are so sweet and kind! Thank you for not losing patience with me!

I totally hear what @MollyMalone says about the integrated ring head vs a peg-head, etc. It will all work out. While I recognize the Kithara was designed specifically for the 2.43 ct OEC, my common sense tells me another stone exists that can be properly mounted or set.

And @rockysalamander thanks for the encouragement. Yes, I'm open to anything that looks great and FITS (and is affordable, of course). May have to go with a MRB with the "perfect" dimensions...although I hope not-smile!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock

@diamondseeker2006 you are a dear person. And you (and all the others) have helped so much! My gratitude is beyond words. Now the fun of finding a beautiful diamond!

And I feel such gratitude towards Caysie. Not sure how I can make this right. The answers will come!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results