carat
color
clarity

Who else is sick?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just over 2 weeks so far.
Sinuses toast, sore throat, fever, feel ran over.
Gets a bit better for a couple days then wham.
Doctors office says stay away if at all possible because there is worse going around and my health is not the best and its a virus so they cant do anything.
The hospitals here are packed with people with the flu and related illnesses.
Entire class rooms of kids out sick.
How is it in your area?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry you are not feeling well. It is going around where I am as well. Both my teens are sick and many of their classmates in high school are too. I am hoping to not catch what they have but am not optimistic. We all got flu shots, but it didn't seem to take this year. I already had the flu a few weeks ago.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've been feeling crappy from being outside in the bushfire smoke haze. Today it's fairly good air quality, but last week was horrendous. I was outside all day on Tuesday without a particulate mask and I was very ill that night, had one on Wednesday and still felt a bit queasy at the end of the day but nowhere near as bad.

Pretty sure most Aussies are feeling this way right now though.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've been feeling crappy from being outside in the bushfire smoke haze. Today it's fairly good air quality, but last week was horrendous. I was outside all day on Tuesday without a particulate mask and I was very ill that night, had one on Wednesday and still felt a bit queasy at the end of the day but nowhere near as bad.

Pretty sure most Aussies are feeling this way right now though.

You all are in my prayers. Be careful please.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stormy
Is it contagious just by reading your posts? :Up_to_something:

Last edited:

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Ive been sick since Sunday, but only took one sick day off work. Getting better, but still coughing like a monster.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl, I hope you don't have the flu! Sounds very miserable and I am sorry you are dealing with this. Hope you turn the corner very soon!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m under new weather too. The flu is going through my school. Working with special education 12 year olds doesn’t bode well for me... :(
Feel better @Karl_K and all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feel better @Karl_K! Sending you healing vibes and get well wishes.
Everyone here is (knock wood) doing OK and I hope it stays that way.

@Slick1 oh no honey! I am sorry you are under the weather now too. Please stay away from those germy kids if you can. Sending you healing hugs and good thoughts.

@jordyonbass feel better and take good care of yourself. Please stay safe and do not take unnecessary risks. Wear that mask when necessary please.

@asscherisme hope your teens are better very soon and that you remain well.

@Rubymal feel better soon.

Healing vibes to all who need it and gentle hugs.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nothing of note in the Austin TX area, but I'm not around kids except my granddaughter and she always has a cold.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m sorry you’re sick @Karl_K It’s all over in Pa..My husband had a bad cold or something..very run down. I ran with my son and mother who’s 94 to my other house before Christmas so we didn’t get it. We escaped it TG. I’ve been taking Airborne..four chewables..along with my son. Knock wood we’re okay. The pharmacist said it’s rampant in this area.
Feel better soon!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m under new weather too. The flu is going through my school. Working with special education 12 year olds doesn’t bode well for me... :(
Feel better @Karl_K and all!

Oh no @Slick1! Airborne! Feel better soon!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stormy, I was sick from Dec. 30 to Jan. 6. There were days when I did not (could not!) get out of bed and the only calories I got came from ginger ale and dry bread. Ugh. Whatever is going around is HORRIBLE. Stay home and take care of yourself!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Praying for those that are also sick and for those that are not but are being exposed to it.
There are at least a couple nasty bugs going around out there.
What ever it is I have and the full blown flu and the flu shot has not been helping it. I know 3 people that had the flu shot who have got the full blown flu this year.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My family is fine, but I have read in our neighborhood FB page that Influenza B is going around and lot of kids and teachers are out sick. We drink a lot of rooibos tea, I highly believe in its antioxidant and protective properties, so if you have not heard of it, look it up.

Hope you all feel better soon!!!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in seclusion trying not to get anything. I just got my second Shingrix vaccine and am having another bad reaction. Then I get my remicade infusion this weekend, which will knock out any bit of immune system I have left for a bit. I have a couple of books to read, it's cold outside, and I am okay with just staying home!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband has the flu. He was sick for the 3 day weekend and home again today. Please pray that he gets better... so that I don't kill him, lol. This place is a wreck and I am constantly cleaning up after him. Kleenex, cups of tea, etc. Ok, vent over.

Get well soon @Karl_K !

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Ive been sick since Sunday, but only took one sick day off work. Getting better, but still coughing like a monster.

I too still coughing up a storm. Been sick since 12/26/2019.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far we are all okay including my husband who is diabetic and high blood pressure (all controlled with meds). The kids have a little cough stuffy nose but neither have missed a day of school this year, let's hope it keeps up!

Sending out healing vibes and good wishes to get well to all of those suffering or taking care of someone who is!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband has the flu. He was sick for the 3 day weekend and home again today. Please pray that he gets better... so that I don't kill him, lol. This place is a wreck and I am constantly cleaning up after him. Kleenex, cups of tea, etc. Ok, vent over.

Get well soon @Karl_K !

Step back from the Kleenex @Gussie! :oops2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope everyone gets well soon..or doesn’t get it! I wipe down the shopping cart with wipes but that only helps a tiny bit...I believe Airborne helps. I poo pooed it..but since we’ve been taking four chewable a day my son and I didn’t get sick when my husband had something awful..

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Get well soon @Karl_K !

Prayers outgoing!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son had a flu shot and has a summer cold or flu (summer my part of the world) and has been sick for 5+ weeks. I took him to the doctors yesterday he has a chest infection from it....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Checking in on everyone...how are you feeling?

@arkieb1 Oy, I hope your son is doing better. How awful!

@joelly how are you today?

@asscherisme how are your children doing?

@jordyonbass how are you feeling?

@Gussie how is your DH doing? I hear you on wanting to kill him. Men can be stubborn to say the least.

@lyra hope you are feeling OK and doing well.

@Dee*Jay glad you are better. That sounded miserable :(

@Karl_K how are you?

@Rubymal hope you are continuing to get better.

@Slick1 continued bucketloads of healing dust being sent your way! Hope today's appointment goes well. Hugs.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm run down from working too much and the disgusting weather. Not sick per se, but I could do with a nap right about now...

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Checking in on everyone...how are you feeling?

@arkieb1 Oy, I hope your son is doing better. How awful!

@joelly how are you today?

@asscherisme how are your children doing?

@jordyonbass how are you feeling?

@Gussie how is your DH doing? I hear you on wanting to kill him. Men can be stubborn to say the least.

@lyra hope you are feeling OK and doing well.

@Dee*Jay glad you are better. That sounded miserable :(

@Karl_K how are you?

@Rubymal hope you are continuing to get better.

@Slick1 continued bucketloads of healing dust being sent your way! Hope today's appointment goes well. Hugs.

You are so sweet, Missy! I am slowly getting better. A little less hacky/coughy each day.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm run down from working too much and the disgusting weather. Not sick per se, but I could do with a nap right about now...

I‘m not a nap taker but I took an hour and a half nap today...I was really run down and exhausted. Weird thing is I think I need more sleep...I hope you can take a nap...If you can’t go to bed really early.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are so sweet, Missy! I am slowly getting better. A little less hacky/coughy each day.

I'm glad you are feeling better @Rubymal! Moving in the right direction. :appl:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I‘m not a nap taker but I took an hour and a half nap today...I was really run down and exhausted. Weird thing is I think I need more sleep...I hope you can take a nap...If you can’t go to bed really early.
I didn't get a nap but I will be taking part of tomorrow off after my A.M. meeting.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

I was feeling half way human for a while yesterday and today other than posting a bit on here all I did all day was cat nap.
Mostly out of it again today.
Thank you for asking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results