shape
carat
color
clarity

Who do I go to to build this custom men''s band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dfb

Rough_Rock
Ok - I finally have all the basic design decisions made for a custom mens band I want to have done as part of our joint 10 year ring upgrade - it is not complicated - but I want it done right and with great attention to the finish - I want to start with a replica of a Tiffiany Lucida 4.5 mm plain platinum band - comfort fit and good weight to the ring - either a 950 Plat/Ruthen mix or a 900 Plat/Iridium mix -- high polish finish - 3 small stones inset on the inside of the band and then some engraving - the stones will be 2 mm or so - diamond, ruby and aquamarine for the birthstones of wife and kids - so now that I have these basic descions made - who do I turn entrust this project to? thanks for the recommendations -

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i got a semi-custom ring for dh at whiteflash. it was a benchmark ring and they put a little diamond on the inside.
you can read about it here.

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
I think someone had a similar band done for her fiance with a surprise sapphire inside at Knox Jewelers. I'll try to find the link.

Here it is.

Manmountain

Rough_Rock
Okay. I''ll bite.

Are you thinking of a ring similar to the attached rendering? I took a hint from another post of yours.

Making the ring is easy enough.

Resizing it will be problematic, and may require replacing the small stones. Any alloy for the underlying band should be fine, as it never is exposed to anyone but the wearer when he choses to remove it. Personally, I''d use platinum. It is inert and very white.

Any good jeweler can pull this off. If you are in trouble and can find no one else to do the job, try Charleston Alexander.

dfb2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results