shape
carat
color
clarity

Who could help me build my dream e-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Juliet

Rough_Rock
Hello All!
35.gif
Long time lurker here. I finally feel like I can join the fun. Why, you may be asking? Because my husband of 1 year, 3 months has just said to me "Ok, start looking for your ring"!!!!!
9.gif
I know what I want, but I''ve been shot down once and I''m not one to take no for an answer unless I''ve exhausted all possibilities. The person who told me no was the person who I bought my wedding band from. This was all over the internet, so I gather saying no was easier than if I was standing in front of him...but I was disatisfied with the lack of enthusiasm and inattempt at problem solving.
20.gif
So here I am!

I''m not a diamond junkie but I''ve dreamed of "the ring" for a few years. I''ve done all of the prerequisite studying
34.gif
of the 5 C''s and I''ve narrowed it down to this... I want a diamond cut that is Old Euroean Cut (not saying that it has to be an antique, just that cut) with a very small culet, eye-clean (I have great near vision, awful far vision) and not yellow looking. I don''t care what color grade it is as long as it doesn''t look yellow. Especially since I want it set in white gold. Ok, as for the setting, I want it to be a continuation of my wedding band. Here''s a picture of it in yellow gold, but mine is white gold.

ring.jpg
The jeweller tells me that the open lattice part is made from a stamp and that it could''ve been made with just one layer...mine has two layers of the design and two surrounding bands (all joined). Anyway, what I want is a low profile white gold ring with the lattice work as the band and a solitare diamond. I even drew pictures of how I thought it might work, but I was turned away. Hey! I''m not a jeweler, but I have a dream and there''s got to be SOMEONE out there who''s up to the challenge. If the lattice part itself is too filmsy, I think I''d like two surrounding bands of microset diamonds (eternity bands?) Oh yea...cost. We are looking for something around $4500. Can anybody help? We will be paying cash. Thanks!
1.gif

chantheman

Rough_Rock
This is like de ja vu'.

THis is the second time today I have mentioned this jeweler, but what you are looking for is really her style.

www.jewelcreations.com (she is in Atlanta, Georgia)

If you visit her website above you can see what she does. You can also view her resume.

Below you will see a posting I did regarding her in a forum earlier today........

Just thought I should put my thoughts into this.

I utilized the services of Kathryn Kinev when I was looking to have a setting custom made for my fiance'. Although I did not end up purchasing from her, she was nothing but a professional.

Kathryn owned a shop in Buckhead for many years, but now works without a storefront.

Kathryn is a GIA graduate Gemologist as well as a Fellow of the Gemmological Association of Great Britain.

Kathryn is skilled in working in all metals. Some of her platinum pieces are amazing. She will also customize the platinum mix depending on your preferences.

She is a recommended appraiser on the PS appraiser list. She does not sell diamonds, but I am sure she can source them in very small carat weights for a pave type setting.

I ended up having my setting custom made by White Flash due to time related factors, but Kathryn Appraised my diamond and run of the mill temporary Tiffany setting. She operates a full gem lab as well as metal shop for her craft. Her appraisal was realistic and accurate and she is very thorough.

Her website is located below. And on it you can find her resume. I also checked with GIA prior to using her and found her continuing education points to be high and her membership status I believe is now lifetime.

www.jewelcreations.com

Just though I should throw my experiences with her in. If you like laid back honesty, you will find it with her.

In case you couldn't tell, I am giving her a round of applause.

Juliet

Rough_Rock
Chan, you Are the man. Thansk so much for responding. I will look into your reccomendation right away!

chantheman

Rough_Rock
I just checked her site and one of her ring creations has a patterning very similar to what you are looking for.

Send me a PM and let me know what you think.

I''d be interested to see if her creations seem good to someone interested in her "look".

Chan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results