shape
carat
color
clarity

Who are the top democratic presidential candidates for 2020?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved the way Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren conducted themselves in the debate last night. It is they who give me faith that there are still some articulate, intelligent, passionate people representing "we the people" (if only us New Englanders) in Congress. I do not want either of them to become the Democratic Party candidate, however. We need to defeat Donald Trump. If the polling holds, it looks as if Vice President Biden is the person most likely to be able to do that. But I will be flexible and keep my eyes open as time passes. The only thing that matters to me now is getting Trump out of office.
I have to say it was quite a show. ;)2

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want Cory Booker. I think he could actually win.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughters aren't rich, but their paychecks are bigger b/c of tax cuts.

Let us not delude ourselves. Taxes cuts immediately affect the public school system. I’d rather they raise teachers’ salaries than cut taxes.

I spoke to a Southerner who moved here and is very happy despite the high cost of living. Asked why people stay in the tiny townlets of flyover country, in these dying cities, why they don’t try to move out, to follow jobs, he said, “bad schools”.

It is one of the biggest problems of the country. And Betsy De Vos, Trump’s Secretary of Education is not helping at all.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

My result--
1.Tulsi Gabbard
2 Kamala Harris
3.B. Sanders
4. Elizabeth Warren.

I am only in agreement 80% of the time. Each person is just 1% less than the name above 81-78
I'll now look at Tulsa Gabbard.

Annette

I always looked at Tulsi Gabbard, she has the potential of attracting young voters, maybe some army vets, the Hindus and probably some African-Americans (as 1/4 Samoan, not rich and not as visibly connected to the corporations).

But I think someone will end up picking her as the VP.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want Cory Booker. I think he could actually win.

I can not vote for him after 14 dems + all but two Republicans killed Klobuchar-Sanders bill.

This guy has so openly sold out to the big corporations, it is not even funny.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can not vote for him after 14 dems + all but two Republicans killed Klobuchar-Sanders bill.

This guy has so openly sold out to the big corporations, it is not even funny.

The populist left has some interesting ideas, but its candidates won't win. I want someone who has a chance. If that means he's less than ideal I'm more than willing to settle.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor tired old Joe. Biden barely survived the last debate and he’s the front runner? The DNC would be wise to get Michelle Obama to save the them. I’ve heard they may have already reached out to her after this last debate.
Trump wouldn’t be able to bully her or even survive in a debate against her. She would wipe the floor with him! I don’t know if Michelle Obama has the aspiration to run but I think she could win. I think Michael Moore is pushing the idea publicly. I don’t think any of the other candidates really stand a chance.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor tired old Joe. Biden barely survived the last debate and he’s the front runner? The DNC would be wise to get Michelle Obama to save the them. I’ve heard they may have already reached out to her after this last debate.
Trump wouldn’t be able to bully her or even survive in a debate against her. She would wipe the floor with him! I don’t know if Michelle Obama has the aspiration to run but I think she could win. I think Michael Moore is pushing the idea publicly. I don’t think any of the other candidates really stand a chance.

No way will she run. She has said she does not want to be a politician. Being able to win doesn't mean someone would sell her soul. The Obamas have done enough.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way will she run. She has said she does not want to be a politician. Being able to win doesn't mean someone would sell her soul. The Obamas have done enough.
Never say never ;)2

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think that Michelle will run in 2024 - and be our first female president. Why she is not running now, I understand as well.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The populist left has some interesting ideas, but its candidates won't win. I want someone who has a chance. If that means he's less than ideal I'm more than willing to settle.

Agree about the populist left. Agree that they have zero chance.

If Kamala Harris runs, I shall vote for her. If Cory Booker runs, I shall not vote at all.

About Cory, I usually think, no one is perfect. But it is not OK to star in a movie about yourself fighting petty crime and corruption and then turn into...well, the Cory Booker we know.

(He is an excellent orator and a brilliant man, though. I acknowledge it. I long to have a president who is really smart. But I also foresee that a huge proportion of those who voted for Trump last time will be adamantly against Cory).

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Arkteia, I'm not clear on your comments on schools and taxes. The Federal Gov't does not support the schools. The State taxes are used for schools and teachers salaries, mainly through Property Taxes.

I, too, have decided if some candidates run that I cannot support, I will not vote this time either. I know how bad that is.

Annette

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Callie,

Here is why I may not vote. I voted for HC because I wouldn't vote for DT. Not only did she lose, but went on to state that she won by 3 million votes. Each time I hear a surrogate on TV spout this, I cringe. Many people, and I suspect more than 3 million would not have voted for her but for the DT candidacy . The Dems don't seem to want to face up to this fact, and the standard for becoming an American President has been lowered. This Dem party has gone quite batty itself. When they postpone an impeachment of this criminal Pres, They do not deserve my vote.

Annette

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Arkteia, I'm not clear on your comments on schools and taxes. The Federal Gov't does not support the schools. The State taxes are used for schools and teachers salaries, mainly through Property Taxes.

I, too, have decided if some candidates run that I cannot support, I will not vote this time either. I know how bad that is.

Annette

"That's an average of about $12,296 dollars for every student enrolled in our elementary and secondary public schools. The federal government pays for about 10 percent of the K-12 costs. The other roughly $560 billion dollars spenton K -12 education comes from the states themselves.”

And this is what this guy and his acolyte De Vos want to do. And they try all the time.

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/584599/

“Donald Trump’s administration released its budget proposal for the 2020 fiscal year, and the plan isn’t pretty for the Education Department. The proposal requests a roughly $7.1 billion cut in funding for the department compared with 2019, which represents a 10 percent decrease in its budget.”

It went nowhere, but they will be trying.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Annette

(Respectfully snipped by me).

I always voted. Even some tiniest thing in our state, I track. And I was totally fine with Hil as our president. I liked her and she did not scare me. But -

the democrats have lost me as the follower after that vote on the Klobuchar’s bill. I am an independent now. I end up voting for the Dems anyhow because the Republicans offer primitive platforms, but I also don’t like that from time to time, the Dems would throw their own to the lions.

Also, I stopped listening to the candidates’ promises.

The problem is not with the party. The problem is with Super PACs.

Look how many ways...
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna552036

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When they postpone an impeachment of this criminal Pres, They do not deserve my vote.

Annette
b/c Pelosi knows pursue of impeachment will most likely hurt the D party in 2020 and hand the house back to the R party.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arkteia
I can't help it, I really want an intelligent person as president, and he is that. I thought he was the best in the last debate. And he did do a lot of good in Newark as mayor. Plus, as an NJ resident I have to go for the local guy. :D
Anything to erase the hideous memory of the MAGA crew I had to pass on Saturday. They were waiting for the Cheeto in chief to roll by on the way to his club obviously.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Callie,

Here is why I may not vote. I voted for HC because I wouldn't vote for DT. Not only did she lose, but went on to state that she won by 3 million votes. Each time I hear a surrogate on TV spout this, I cringe. Many people, and I suspect more than 3 million would not have voted for her but for the DT candidacy . The Dems don't seem to want to face up to this fact, and the standard for becoming an American President has been lowered. This Dem party has gone quite batty itself. When they postpone an impeachment of this criminal Pres, They do not deserve my vote.

Annette

He can’t be impeached, or it won’t change anything. Rather, there will be a revolt if it happens.

There is a monumental group of people who admire everything that he has said or done. Starting with “grab the pussy”. Can you imagine anyone, any man, being heard saying it - and getting away with it?

All filth rolls off him. I thought it had to do with him being more of an entertainer than a politician - but since that time, the colossi of entertainment have fallen, and he stays.

There is a huge group of people for whom he is sacral. And I don’t know what is the true reason for it. I am beginning to wonder if it is the way he speaks, a noun, a verb + some complement, usually one? No one can misquote him. Everyone understands him. Is that the clue?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arkteia
I can't help it, I really want an intelligent person as president, and he is that. I thought he was the best in the last debate. And he did do a lot of good in Newark as mayor. Plus, as an NJ resident I have to go for the local guy. :D
Anything to erase the hideous memory of the MAGA crew I had to pass on Saturday. They were waiting for the Cheeto in chief to roll by on the way to his club obviously.

I understand you. I would feel much safer if we had an intelligent president + an intelligent cabinet. There were the times, like during the Caribbean crisis, the intelligence of the President and his cabinet saved the world.

And honesty is not in the job description of a politician, I understand. It is just why Cory came into politics and who he is not.

OK, I am on the fence. But - i think he is vulnerable, in elections, and there will be a lot of personal attacks on him.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I'm backing Buttigieg right now. I'm worried Warren or Sanders will win because I hate them both with a burning passion. Leave my health insurance alone, thank you.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm curious, where did you hear about the democratic party reaching out to Michelle Obama?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because he's one of them. He's leader of the pack. King Don ruler of white, christian (ha!) America. He fits the narrative of their lives.

He can’t be impeached, or it won’t change anything. Rather, there will be a revolt if it happens.

There is a monumental group of people who admire everything that he has said or done. Starting with “grab the pussy”. Can you imagine anyone, any man, being heard saying it - and getting away with it?

All filth rolls off him. I thought it had to do with him being more of an entertainer than a politician - but since that time, the colossi of entertainment have fallen, and he stays.

There is a huge group of people for whom he is sacral. And I don’t know what is the true reason for it. I am beginning to wonder if it is the way he speaks, a noun, a verb + some complement, usually one? No one can misquote him. Everyone understands him. Is that the clue?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm curious, where did you hear about the democratic party reaching out to Michelle Obama?

I’ve heard this also but everything else I’ve seen or read has made it seem like this would be the last thing Michelle Obama would ever really care to do. Who could blame the woman. Trump’s hateful remarks made her worry that a deranged person may come after her children or family.

As far as no one being able to beat Trump, Trump couldn’t help but make everything all about him for just one day. Yesterday should have been about trying to heal the communities and families of those killed and injured in these senseless mass shootings. He couldn’t act presidential for more than a few moments yesterday. He woke up tweeting ugly things and he had to take to twitter once he stepped back on the plane to continue. This is not presidential behavior.

If the community and families asked that gun control be talked about, I understand politicians talking about that. The majority of Americans want these mass shooting to stop and have been calling for common sense guns control for the past two decades. 80% of the country is fed up with our politicians doing nothing to stop this.

Yesterday should have been about healing the country. All politians should have refrained from attacking each other yesterday regardless of what side they represent.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate, Please teach me how to sum things up in one sentence Instead of rambling on like a fool. LOL.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results