shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Whiteflash... the solution to my frustration!

First of all, a HUGE thank you to everyone for their feedback, suggestions, and help in my first thread.

Here is my first post, I was going to just continue on that thread, but this really deserves it's own thread. If you'd like to catch up on the back story here you go.

While this entire proposal has been a frustrating process, and yet more frustrations keep rearing their ugly little heads, Whiteflash has ended my frustration with finding the perfect ring. If only they could assist me with the actual proposal now. :rolleyes:

Liza at Whiteflash has been incredibly patient, and helpful throughout the entire process. She truly went above and beyond, and I can't say enough good things about her and the team at Whiteflash. I only wish they were closer so I could have done this process in person and thanked them all in person.

Liza helped me find this fabulous 1.601 F VS2 ACA and had it set in their contemporary setting with a few customizations.

Now I am coming up with other proposal ideas as my last one kind of went up in flames. :doh:

Anyways, I know I need to pay the picture tax. So here you go! Videos to come later, imgur isn't working for whatever reason.
20210130_000421.jpg 20210130_013047.jpg 20210130_084051.jpg 20210130_085458.jpg 20210130_100605.jpg 20210130_100616.jpg 20210130_100720.jpg

Last edited:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning!! Exquisite stone, and I just LOVE the setting. You did such a fantastic job!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Looks fiery!!! Congratulations!!!
Now, the big question which might be informative for other new PSers/lurkers.
I remember your first choice, many experience PSers rate it as “not bad, its OK, just a bit too deep”. You’ve seen both in real life, to your untrained eyes, do both diamond have similar performance? Or one looks way prettier than another?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful ring - ACA for the win!! Love your fire shots.

Good luck with the proposal and don't sweat the details. She is going to be over the moon with the ring so it really can't go wrong!

Looks fiery!!! Congratulations!!!
Now, the big question which might be informative for other new PSers/lurkers.
I remember your first choice, many experience PSers rate it as “not bad, its OK, just a bit too deep”. You’ve seen both in real life, to your untrained eyes, do both diamond have similar performance? Or one looks way prettier than another?

The pictures really do this diamond no justice. There is a night and day difference between the first diamond (D Triple Ex) and the ACA.

Not exactly sure how to put it in words, the ACA seems to be more efficient with how it uses light? As in it takes a lot less light to achieve powerful fire. I thought people were exaggerating when they said they can tell a super ideal cut from across the room, but it really does seem like that could be the case, at least in regards to an excellent cut that isn't super ideal specs.

I am pretty color sensitive and was worried about the F, especially after comparing all the different colors in person at the first jeweler. I am pleased to report that this diamond is either an F that's closer to E, or what I've been reading about super ideals looking lighter/clearer due to their cut is true.

This diamond has pretty intense brilliance, from all angles it really is impressive, regardless of how much light is hitting it. The first diamond required precise angles with direct and strong light, and even then what felt impressive is nothing in comparison to this diamond.

I have shown it to a few family members and friends who saw the first one in person, and they too report a very noticeable difference.

I wish I could put it in better words, but I'd say from my own experience, this proves cut is absolutely the most important factor, and if anyone is hesitant and can choose a super ideal, then do so. There really is a clear winner, at least in comparison to a triple ex that isn't super ideal proportioned.

I am very excited to see her reaction and to see it glinting out and about in the sun on her finger.:appl:

bps413

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! And well done on the slight modifications to the setting. It’s perfect and she will love it. Best of luck with the proposal!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is just gorgeous :love: . Her mind is going to be blown when she sees this! You can't go wrong with an ACA. You've done a great job putting together a ring that she will cherish for many years to come.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
First of all, a HUGE thank you to everyone for their feedback, suggestions, and help in my first thread.

Here is my first post, I was going to just continue on that thread, but this really deserves it's own thread. If you'd like to catch up on the back story here you go.

Congrats!!! Please share hand photos. All the best with your proposal. So exciting!!!

While this entire proposal has been a frustrating process, and yet more frustrations keep rearing their ugly little heads, Whiteflash has ended my frustration with finding the perfect ring. If only they could assist me with the actual proposal now. :rolleyes:

Liza at Whiteflash has been incredibly patient, and helpful throughout the entire process. She truly went above and beyond, and I can't say enough good things about her and the team at Whiteflash. I only wish they were closer so I could have done this process in person and thanked them all in person.

Liza helped me find this fabulous 1.601 F VS2 ACA and had it set in their contemporary setting with a few customizations.

Now I am coming up with other proposal ideas as my last one kind of went up in flames. :doh:

Anyways, I know I need to pay the picture tax. So here you go! Videos to come later, imgur isn't working for whatever reason.
20210130_000421.jpg 20210130_013047.jpg 20210130_084051.jpg 20210130_085458.jpg 20210130_100605.jpg 20210130_100616.jpg 20210130_100720.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did an amazing job with this whole search. Doing your best and then being open to additional information about diamonds and cut and the experience of many who have made mistakes. Then putting the priorities and feelings of the wearer first, wow, so awesome. Your GF is gonna fall out of her chair when she sees that ring. I can’t wait to hear about how the proposal goes and what she says other than “YES!” That stone is spectacular, seriously. And you very skilled at the “picture tax”. Lol! Congratulations to you and your lucky bride to be. Btw, I’ll ask the mods to move this to SMTB because this beauty deserves more attention.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful. I’m sure she will be excited that you made such a thoughtful and thorough choice.

Great job! So glad WF was able to help you create the ring of your dreams. And no worries with the proposal. You're going to rock it and your FI is going to be so happy regardless.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful ring! Your fourth picture is amazing...the stone is so white and the fire is amazing!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing stone and setting! Your description of the difference between this stone and the last one is so clear and comprehensible. Please share the proposal with us!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!, Congrats! :clap:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely spectacular!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results