shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash tennis bracelet - setting

Does this look like a timeless or classic setting to you?

• Timeless

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • Classic

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Hello lovelies,

Whiteflash has just completed a beautiful custom ACA tennis bracelet for me. I have no doubt that it is beautiful but the setting is really weighing on my mind, as I’m not convinced that it is what I specifically requested… and I’m quite bothered by it.

I will reveal which setting I ordered later… but for now, does this look like a timeless (i.e. whereby the rounder individual stones are visible and appreciable) or classic (i.e. whereby one sees a more continuous line or row of boxier set squarer looking stones) setting to you?

For those who are interested, the specs are:
- cut: ACA stones
- carat: 0.5-0.53 ct each totalling ~16.5 ctw
- color: G-H
- clarify: VVS1-VS2
- 6.5 inches long

By the way, the pictures are of my wonderful SA’s wrist modelling the bracelet. I have not yet seen the bracelet in person.

Thanks so much for your input!

Attachments

• 36403E36-1228-48F0-947F-3E523DDFCCD9.jpeg
    36403E36-1228-48F0-947F-3E523DDFCCD9.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 330
  • DEA9B3E4-E69B-4A96-9E33-06DAE1851CF8.jpeg
    DEA9B3E4-E69B-4A96-9E33-06DAE1851CF8.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 358
  • 79E10685-D538-4523-AA09-88475A5ECE9C.jpeg
    79E10685-D538-4523-AA09-88475A5ECE9C.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 369
  • B57574F8-0CE4-4DC7-855B-B64E110BB557.jpeg
    B57574F8-0CE4-4DC7-855B-B64E110BB557.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 361
  • EA8058BB-5548-432B-BB4D-286D78FBF32A.jpeg
    EA8058BB-5548-432B-BB4D-286D78FBF32A.jpeg
    678.6 KB · Views: 342
  • 9E43AAA5-085A-4095-956C-71B3FE612D6C.jpeg
    9E43AAA5-085A-4095-956C-71B3FE612D6C.jpeg
    742.5 KB · Views: 288
  • FF667B0D-2B5D-42A3-9B49-BA20D2044EB1.jpeg
    FF667B0D-2B5D-42A3-9B49-BA20D2044EB1.jpeg
    828.2 KB · Views: 263
  • 40AC5486-1220-4421-8F34-E0BDC8C9BE5E.jpeg
    40AC5486-1220-4421-8F34-E0BDC8C9BE5E.jpeg
    768.1 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on the pics, it looks like it combines elements of both -- I'd call it a hybrid -- not as squared off as the Classic but not as rounded as the Timeless -- hopefully when you have it in hand (and on wrist), you'll find IRL it is exactly what you wanted/ordered :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my word! It's gorgeous whatever it is!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s a gorgeous bracelet and I hope you love it when you see it.
I voted Classic because overall I see the diamond in a line as the prongs are set in a square position. The Timeless emphasizes the rounded shape of each diamond.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much to all who have voted and left comments. I really appreciate your input. Perhaps as @marymm stated best, it is somewhat of a hybrid…

I had ordered the Timeless setting, and stated specifically that I wanted the stones to look individually round, and that I didn’t want the bracelet to look like a continuous row or line of indiscriminate stones.

Attached are photos of the pictures I had sent of my requested look (this time, on my wrist). It is a much different look than what I feel Whiteflash has achieved… note that it is a 4-prong basket setting too.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts with these updated photos.

5848B87D-2259-48DC-AEF1-427A60CB22FF.jpeg

Attachments

• F08AB3F7-8C7E-47C3-A980-418009571362.jpeg
    F08AB3F7-8C7E-47C3-A980-418009571362.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 38A4DB73-CBFF-4CE4-9C8F-3F2FE6DAE351.jpeg
    38A4DB73-CBFF-4CE4-9C8F-3F2FE6DAE351.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 189
  • 2A5F74EC-E2F7-4D2A-8B71-8F7DF8FF5931.jpeg
    2A5F74EC-E2F7-4D2A-8B71-8F7DF8FF5931.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 198
  • 695915BE-8DEE-4241-A414-F5CD038153BC.jpeg
    695915BE-8DEE-4241-A414-F5CD038153BC.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
I think the issue is the way that the baskets are linked to eachother. In the inspiration photo it looks like there it a bar in between each on which creates more of a space between the diamonds whereas the whiteflash ones are linked closer together. I think that the whiteflash one also has larger prongs which also adds to the continuous look. Both are goregeous but I do think that there is a difference in the way that the diamonds are set.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
I think the issue is the way that the baskets are linked to eachother. In the inspiration photo it looks like there it a bar in between each on which creates more of a space between the diamonds whereas the whiteflash ones are linked closer together. I think that the whiteflash one also has larger prongs which also adds to the continuous look. Both are goregeous but I do think that there is a difference in the way that the diamonds are set.

I think you’re right about there being an ever so slight gap between the stones in my inspiration bracelet. Enough to make a difference.

The prongs in Whiteflash’s settings are definitely larger and bulkier too (which I found to be the case too when they made my 6-prong studs that actually needed to be revised and redone). This is definitely contributing to squaring out the stones. I wonder if the prongs are also set further out towards the “corners” rather than inset ever so slightly on the stones?

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
I think you’re right about there being an ever so slight gap between the stones in my inspiration bracelet. Enough to make a difference.

The prongs in Whiteflash’s settings are definitely larger and bulkier too (which I found to be the case too when they made my 6-prong studs that actually needed to be revised and redone). This is definitely contributing to squaring out the stones. I wonder if the prongs are also set further out towards the “corners” rather than inset ever so slightly on the stones?

Yes I think you are right the prongs seem to be a little more towards the corners of the diamonds and it gives a bit more of a squared look. I'm not too sure if they could make them a bit smaller, but Im sure that someone more knowledgeable will know!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a crazy gorgeous bracelet! I do not think it looks like a straight, squared line bracelet. I do see the round shape. The stones are just set closer together than your inspiration picture. All I can say is I think it looks gorgeous on your SAs wrist. You need to try it on in person to really know how you feel. I honestly can’t tell which setting it is because your stones are larger than the usual bracelets we see. I do see the roundness of the stones, though, and I also think some settings have too much of a gap between stones.

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is a crazy gorgeous bracelet! I do not think it looks like a straight, squared line bracelet. I do see the round shape. The stones are just set closer together than your inspiration picture. All I can say is I think it looks gorgeous on your SAs wrist. You need to try it on in person to really know how you feel. I honestly can’t tell which setting it is because your stones are larger than the usual bracelets we see. I do see the roundness of the stones, though, and I also think some settings have too much of a gap between stones.

I agree, I think that in real life you will get a much better idea of how it actually looks and I feel like prongs can look a lot smaller when you see them in person. I personally prefer the whiteflash one over the inspo one but it all comes down to what you like :)

Last edited:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
I agree, I think that in real life you will get a much better idea of how it actually looks and I feel like prongs can look a lot smaller when you see them in person. I personally prefer the whiteflash one over the inspo one but it all comes down to what you like :)

Interesting. May I ask what draws you more towards the WF one?

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
Interesting. May I ask what draws you more towards the WF one?

To me the wf one looks a bit more substantial, but I do know that photos do not always represent jewellery accuarately so it's really hard to know. Will it be too much of a hassle if you were to try it any see if you like it and return if you decide it's not quite what you want? I'd kill to have an ACA bracelet, I bet it will be blindingly beautiful!! o_O

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
It cannot be returned (nor am I looking to return it… maybe just redo the setting if anything, and if that) because it’s an entirely custom order.

More importantly, I’m in Canada and the bracelet is currently in the States…

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think all of the above are correct. Diamonds are closer together, larger, prongs at the 'top' rather than the side. I think all of those things contribute to the different look. However, in real life, on its own, I think you may just fall in love with it. It is not an exact match to the inspiration bracelet but wow! - those diamonds are huge for a bracelet, will sparkle like no tomorrow and may leave you breathless!

I will say that LLJsmom and maybe Rosie(?) used a Benjamin and Company setting BR-1370 that accentuated the roundness of each stone. I don't see it on their website anymore. Not sure who manufactures WF settings.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
I think all of the above are correct. Diamonds are closer together, larger, prongs at the 'top' rather than the side. I think all of those things contribute to the different look. However, in real life, on its own, I think you may just fall in love with it. It is not an exact match to the inspiration bracelet but wow! - those diamonds are huge for a bracelet, will sparkle like no tomorrow and may leave you breathless!

I will say that LLJsmom and maybe Rosie(?) used a Benjamin and Company setting BR-1370 that accentuated the roundness of each stone. I don't see it on their website anymore. Not sure who manufactures WF settings.

I’m hoping that the prongs become “shadowed” irl so that the eye only sees the white round stones… I’ve asked for different pictures from Whiteflash but they always come back looking like a uniform blended row nonetheless.

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
@ice empress When someone posted the samples of the two styles about a year ago, I considered resetting my 3-stone to the timeless style. I love seeing the roundness of each stone on the stock image so I see your concern that the shape of each stone is not as defined. The differences I see on your finished bracelet are that the prongs are not as curved and the prongs look like they are more toward the outside of the bracelet on each diamond. In addition, while the clasps are similar, I don't think it is the exact same setting because the link closest to each of the clasp parts look different than the stock image and the male and female parts look very different. Your inspiration bracelet appears to have a gap between each diamond giving a different look than the timeless. I hope you get it straightened out and get the bracelet you wanted. I was in a similar situation about a year ago when they could not achieve my custom piece and I was not able to get a refund.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ice empress When someone posted the samples of the two styles about a year ago, I considered resetting my 3-stone to the timeless style. I love seeing the roundness of each stone on the stock image so I see your concern that the shape of each stone is not as defined. The differences I see on your finished bracelet are that the prongs are not as curved and the prongs look like they are more toward the outside of the bracelet on each diamond. In addition, while the clasps are similar, I don't think it is the exact same setting because the link closest to each of the clasp parts look different than the stock image and the male and female parts look very different. Your inspiration bracelet appears to have a gap between each diamond giving a different look than the timeless. I hope you get it straightened out and get the bracelet you wanted. I was in a similar situation about a year ago when they could not achieve my custom piece and I was not able to get a refund.

@donnabrsd was this with a bracelet as well?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is another case of the vendor’s supplier changing or the supplier changing model from when those stock photos were made vs to what is available and being supplied now.
It’s easy to say item listing photos ideally should be updated when that happens.

ETA - or is it even a rendering image vs what’s available real life? That’s a possibility? I have not looked what’s on their site listing.

Some people notice. Others don’t.
You do from photo to photo viewing and that’s what matters.

Seeing it irl is as always going to be different than (enlarged) photos. So seeing it in person is a valid thought.

I think your concerns are valid.
It looks different than expected (advertised).
It’s a non refundable order.
You live across the border.
It’s gorgeous - but it is different than expected. No right or wrong there.

I hope you come to a peace of mind and happy conclusion.
:)

Last edited:

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Due to larger diamonds, the roundness is apparent (thus timeless), the pronounced prongs give it a squarish look (thus classic). It is a hybrid of both. I have timeless and I would not say this is 100% timeless. Perhaps, there needs to be more division between individual stones to accentuate the roundness.

Last edited:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on the pics, it looks like it combines elements of both -- I'd call it a hybrid -- not as squared off as the Classic but not as rounded as the Timeless -- hopefully when you have it in hand (and on wrist), you'll find IRL it is exactly what you wanted/ordered :)

I was also going to say it looks like a hybrid but also assumed it was because of the size of the stones. so I didn't vote, because hybrid wasn't a choice.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for commiserating and validating my concerns…

What kind of piece was yours? Did you end up “accepting” and/or growing to like it?

I know myself… this is not something I will learn to forget or overlook, and it’s a really substantial amount of money to leave me unsatisfied, especially when I do not think I’m imagining it, and worse still, that their finished product even resembles their stock/advertised setting.

I desired a certain look and do not see it in the finished product…

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
I was also going to say it looks like a hybrid but also assumed it was because of the size of the stones. so I didn't vote, because hybrid wasn't a choice.

The stone sizes are similar. The bracelet I tried on for size had ~ 0.53 ct stones whilst the Whiteflash one actually has 0.5-0.53 stones.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Due to larger diamonds, the roundness is apparent (thus timeless), the pronounced prongs give it a squarish look (thus classic). It is a hybrid of both. I have timeless and I would not say this is 100% timeless. Perhaps, there needs to be more division between individual stones to accentuate the roundness.

I feel like the larger stones should give it even more reason to look individually round… so the fact that it looks so classic-like means the setting is even more off in my mind.

Would you care to share pictures of your timeless and general specs? Is it a recent purchase or an older one (perhaps by a different bench)?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel bad for your frustration. I went back and looked again at your inspiration and finished product. I had a thought.
Perhaps … the one you tried on was looser (worn higher on the hand) and so separated at the joints, whereas the WF one is snugger on the SA’s arm and the stones are just laying flat across and not draped? I noted the different places the bracelet sits on the arm to wonder this. Idk, just a thought.
I hope you can have some results in which will make you feel 100% satisfied.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results