shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash - Power Outage

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
We are stating to lose power in Louisiana as well. My husband is a surgeon and all scheduled surgeries have been cancelled since Monday. He is BORED.

It’s upper 20s and *raining* .... how is that? Why is it not snowing???? Oh and we had thunder sleet early this morning.

Please stay safe!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Wishing the Whiteflash folks a better time than what we've been experiencing in my house.

I'm in a Houston suburb and our "rolling blackout" lasted 12 hours. Long enough to freeze our pipes and cause them to burst in our attic. As a result, our ceiling in the master bedroom (below where the pipes froze) has collapsed (the drywall caved in, not the beams.) It was a horrible mess to clean up, wet insulation puffs everywhere, ruined hardwood floors, etc.

The plumbers in our area said it would be at least next week before they could get to us as so many are in the same boat. So no water for days and days.

At least our power is back on.
Oh no ...so sorry.... that water cleanup can be quite extensive. Stay safe

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing the Whiteflash folks a better time than what we've been experiencing in my house.

I'm in a Houston suburb and our "rolling blackout" lasted 12 hours. Long enough to freeze our pipes and cause them to burst in our attic. As a result, our ceiling in the master bedroom (below where the pipes froze) has collapsed (the drywall caved in, not the beams.) It was a horrible mess to clean up, wet insulation puffs everywhere, ruined hardwood floors, etc.

The plumbers in our area said it would be at least next week before they could get to us as so many are in the same boat. So no water for days and days.

I am so sorry this happened @RunningwithScissors. Sending mega dust your way.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Oh dear..so sorry to hear that. Hope all WF staffs stay safe and warm!

Just wondering, are there any BCP plans to minimise such a disruption in future? Sounds like this might not be a last one...

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock

Oh dear! So sorry you are going through this.. so horrible what people are dealing with in Texas..

Patty

Ideal_Rock

I’m sorry you are dealing with this...it sounds like a nightmare. But I’m glad your power is back and I hope that you can get the repairs made before too long.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RWS, I’m so sorry for all that you are going through. Please stay safe and hope the plumbers will get out there ASAP.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Texas Leaguer , thinking about you and your team. Safety above all. Thanks for the updates and please stay safe. Hope the weather calms down and you all have a chance to recover.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
IMPORTANT UPDATE from Whiteflash

It's the classic good news/bad news type of report...

The good news is that power and water have been restored to our offices and workshop. Internet connection is now up and running. Most of our staff are in the office today including our jewelers, so work on our end resumes close to full capacity.

Reports are that more than 90% of Houston now has reliable power and rolling blackouts should be of shorter duration and will hopefully phase out altogether. We are expecting hard freezes over the next few nights so getting back to normal may still be a little choppy. With schools and daycares closed many of our staff have child care issues that will affect our operations somewhat until they can be fully resolved.

The bad news is that Fedex is experiencing massive disruption to their operations, particularly in regards to their critical hub in Memphis which apparently is completely shut down. We have been informed by our reps at FedEx that they do not expect things to start moving until Monday! Therefore, we will be completing many orders over the next few days but they will not be able to be delivered to customer until Tuesday, at the earliest.

Our goal and expectation at this moment is that orders which are completely under the control of Whiteflash, and are scheduled to ship on or before Monday, will ship overnight for Tuesday delivery.

Orders which are awaiting deliverables from partners in our supply chain such as our designers, will be subject to additional delays because of transport issues with FedEx and possible other issues on the part of individual suppliers.

We will be reaching out to all customers who have pending orders giving them specific guidance on what to expect.

We continue to be grateful to all the support and understanding of this unfortunate set of events, and we are working diligently on our end to complete all work over which we have control.

I will post additional updates as status changes. Thank you all.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are a consummate professional even in extreme adversity Bryan. Prayers to you and your staff and Texans and all those suffering through this extreme weather.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Texas made the news here last night, i feel so bad for you all
Stay as warm and dry as you can

And @RunningwithScissors this is dreadful
Where im from we get frosts and light snow a couple of times a year in winter
when i moved north i wondered what plumbers and panelbeates did in the winter ? !

Stay safe everyone

my thoughts are with everyone who has got up and gone to work
i lived close enough to be able to walk to work and id be one of the few on snowy days to make it in
but honesty looking at the news id be staying home if i were a Texan today

The good news is that power and water have been restored to our offices and workshop. Internet connection is now up and running. Most of our staff are in the office today including our jewelers, so work on our end resumes close to full capacity.

Reports are that more than 90% of Houston now has reliable power and rolling blackouts should be of shorter duration and will hopefully phase out altogether. We are expecting hard freezes over the next few nights so getting back to normal may still be a little choppy. With schools and daycares closed many of our staff have child care issues that will affect our operations somewhat until they can be fully resolved.

The bad news is that Fedex is experiencing massive disruption to their operations, particularly in regards to their critical hub in Memphis which apparently is completely shut down. We have been informed by our reps at FedEx that they do not expect things to start moving until Monday! Therefore, we will be completing many orders over the next few days but they will not be able to be delivered to customer until Tuesday, at the earliest.

Our goal and expectation at this moment is that orders which are completely under the control of Whiteflash, and are scheduled to ship on or before Monday, will ship overnight for Tuesday delivery.

Orders which are awaiting deliverables from partners in our supply chain such as our designers, will be subject to additional delays because of transport issues with FedEx and possible other issues on the part of individual suppliers.

We will be reaching out to all customers who have pending orders giving them specific guidance on what to expect.

We continue to be grateful to all the support and understanding of this unfortunate set of events, and we are working diligently on our end to complete all work over which we have control.

Just wanted to say kudos for taking the time during such a stressful, crazy situation to provide some comfort to your customers. I'm sure there's lots of other things that you need to attend to. Hope everyone stays safe and that we go back to "normal" as soon as possible.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

Glad you guys are back up and running and your employees are safe.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No additional status updates to report at this time, but we did receive this image of the Fed Ex hub in Memphis yesterday. Yikes!

FedEx Memphis.jpg

Wow, can you even imagine the back-up in shipping that will cause?!

I hope people will be patient and understanding about the delays. One thing I know for sure is that Whiteflash ALWAYS does their utmost and the weather is one thing they can't control!

Y'all be careful down there, Bryan! Ice is more dangerous than snow!

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
No additional status updates to report at this time, but we did receive this image of the Fed Ex hub in Memphis yesterday. Yikes!

FedEx Memphis.jpg

Oh no! My lab pink diamond shipment is still stuck there...

molinePDG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Sending all the best to the folks at WF as well as those with ongoing troubles in Texas.

That photo of Memphis is crazy

pebbles7

Rough_Rock

So sorry this is happening to everyone in Texas. My niece is a news reporter for K-TEN news in Texas, she moved there about a year ago from CT. She has been boiling her water to use for washing. She also said this weather has been devastating the state.

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock

Sorry to hear about your situation. I used to live in Houston years ago and all my family are still there. They too have had rolling blackouts and friends.

Hope all improves for you soon and things get back to normal.

Sending you warm thoughts and a speedy cleanup!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Whiteflash Update

What a difference a week makes! It's 80 degrees in Houston now, a swing of about 70 degrees. Something like the difference between the illuminated and dark side of the Moon!

And I am happy to report that the folks at Whiteflash are all doing pretty well. Only a few minor issues with leaky pipes. Seems like we dodged another bullet.

We've been working hard to catch up and we are pretty much current now with those orders over which we had complete control. There are a few orders behind schedule due to delays on our suppliers. If you have such an order our customer care folks have probably already reached out with an update. If not, feel free to contact us for status.

On behalf of the whole team at Whiteflash, we sincerely appreciate all the expressions of concern and the well wishes from the pricescope community. And we appreciate everyone's patience and understanding with the challenges we faced.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
What a difference a week makes! I’m glad to hear that things are returning to normal at WF, Bryan, and I hope that your customers are understanding about any delays due to the weather.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock

@RunningwithScissors how is everything now over your end?

Hope that the plumbers can get the pipes fixed ASAP very soon!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors how is everything now over your end?

Hope that the plumbers can get the pipes fixed ASAP very soon!

Thank you for the well wishes. I don't want to hijack the thread, but I will answer your question. My house is under control now, but unfortunately my father had a massive brain hemorrhage on Saturday and has been in ICU ever since, so I had to fly home to Maryland and am now dealing with this. Houses don't matter, family does.

Please no more comments here about my new family disaster. This is not my thread and I sincerely don't wish to hijack it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results