carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash - Power Outage

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dear Pricescope Community,
As Texans we were woefully unprepared for this Acrtic blast y'all sent down our way!

The whole of Sugar Land Town Square where our offices and workshop are located has been without power for days. We received an update from the property management company this morning that power still has not been restored and the center is on lockdown. So neither tenants nor FedEx can access the premises.

While we can conduct some operations remotely, even that has been spotty as many of use have lost power in our homes and connectivity to the internet. This obviously has hampered our capacity to process and fulfill orders.

We ask that everyone with any order in progress, please try to be patient with us as we work through yet another major challenge. If you are expecting a shipment and have a "drop dead" delivery date, please contact us and we will do our very best to get the order out at the earliest possible moment.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. We understand full well how important these orders are to everyone and we apologize for the stress this may cause.

I will post an update as soon as power is restored and operations resumed.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are stating to lose power in Louisiana as well. My husband is a surgeon and all scheduled surgeries have been cancelled since Monday. He is BORED.

It’s upper 20s and *raining* .... how is that? Why is it not snowing???? Oh and we had thunder sleet early this morning.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Prayers outgoing! Stay safe!!

I've heard how bad things are in TX now. So sorry you guys are still without power. Hope everyone there has power (and food in their pantries!) in their homes at least. Stay safe!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

In case anyone is wondering, at current, over 3million people without power in Texas. @Texas Leaguer I hope you guys are staying warm.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks everyone, for your much appreciated expressions of concern. All Whiteflashers are accounted for and doing well. Several of us have opened our homes in case that any of our coworkers needs shelter. So far everyone seems to be managing on their own and temps are starting to warm above freezing.

Texas is doing rolling blackouts in order to spread the pain more equitably. I'm ok with that. But that means we never know who is going to get disconnected from our cloud platform or when. So communications will continue to be choppy it appears.

Bear with us. This too shall pass!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Wishing the Whiteflash folks a better time than what we've been experiencing in my house.

I'm in a Houston suburb and our "rolling blackout" lasted 12 hours. Long enough to freeze our pipes and cause them to burst in our attic. As a result, our ceiling in the master bedroom (below where the pipes froze) has collapsed (the drywall caved in, not the beams.) It was a horrible mess to clean up, wet insulation puffs everywhere, ruined hardwood floors, etc.

The plumbers in our area said it would be at least next week before they could get to us as so many are in the same boat. So no water for days and days.

At least our power is back on.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Wishing the Whiteflash folks a better time than what we've been experiencing in my house.

I'm in a Houston suburb and our "rolling blackout" lasted 12 hours. Long enough to freeze our pipes and cause them to burst in our attic. As a result, our ceiling in the master bedroom (below where the pipes froze) has collapsed (the drywall caved in, not the beams.) It was a horrible mess to clean up, wet insulation puffs everywhere, ruined hardwood floors, etc.

The plumbers in our area said it would be at least next week before they could get to us as so many are in the same boat. So no water for days and days.

Oh what an absolute nightmare - I've dealt with terrible flooding from messed up plumbing before and it is really stressful...so sorry you are dealing with that.

I hope they come soon and that you are safe and sound!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear everyone is doing okay. Stay safe and hopefully warm.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I'm so sorry, Ma'am.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone, for your much appreciated expressions of concern. All Whiteflashers are accounted for and doing well. Several of us have opened our homes in case that any of our coworkers needs shelter. So far everyone seems to be managing on their own and temps are starting to warm above freezing.

Texas is doing rolling blackouts in order to spread the pain more equitably. I'm ok with that. But that means we never know who is going to get disconnected from our cloud platform or when. So communications will continue to be choppy it appears.

Bear with us. This too shall pass!

@Texas Leaguer so glad to hear you and all of Whiteflash is doing as well as can be expected and hoping the power is back on for everyone soon. Stay safe.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ugh. I’m so sorry @RunningwithScissors. Hope the plumber can get there sooner than originally expected. Sending many good wishes your way. And gentle (((hugs))).

TARSHA

Rough_Rock
Prayers and tons of good, hopeful wishes for everyone affected by this terrible weather!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope everyone is still safe and sound at WF! Wishing warmer weather soon for everyone there! :wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh gosh, this is just awful! Hope it warms up soon for you so you can get all these problems fixed!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am sorry for your troubles. Can only imagine what a nightmare that is! Stay safe until help arrives to put your world back together again!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Devastating. :((

DiaLuv

Shiny_Rock
TexasLeaguer - very nice of you to post regarding delays. Keeping you and your staff safe is more important than a piece of jewelry. Speaking as someone with a ring on order.

Runningwithscissors - I am sorry to hear about the damage to your home. May it be repaired quickly and the weather clear up.

I am a native Texan and lived in the Katy, Richmond area until my husband dragged me to Florida six years ago.

You‘ll stay safe.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Pricescope Community,
As Texans we were woefully unprepared for this Acrtic blast y'all sent down our way!

The whole of Sugar Land Town Square where our offices and workshop are located has been without power for days. We received an update from the property management company this morning that power still has not been restored and the center is on lockdown. So neither tenants nor FedEx can access the premises.

While we can conduct some operations remotely, even that has been spotty as many of use have lost power in our homes and connectivity to the internet. This obviously has hampered our capacity to process and fulfill orders.

We ask that everyone with any order in progress, please try to be patient with us as we work through yet another major challenge. If you are expecting a shipment and have a "drop dead" delivery date, please contact us and we will do our very best to get the order out at the earliest possible moment.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. We understand full well how important these orders are to everyone and we apologize for the stress this may cause.

I will post an update as soon as power is restored and operations resumed.

I hope you, the rest of WF staff and everyone affected stay safe.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

I’m so sorry you are dealing with this mess. Hope everything gets worked out soon and get fixed. Stay safe!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results