shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash Petite Cathedral Beauty - Thank-you Pricescope!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring!

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Blingy, I''m considering this ring and have some questions for you...

1) Below is a picture of the petite open cathedral with 2 red circles. Is the tip of the shank touching the 4-prongs or the ridge that sits between the prongs? I''m considering a 6-prong head without the ridge, so wondering if it would look awkward not touching anything.

PetiteOpenCathedral--Shank.JPG

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
For Blingy:

2) In the image below, you see how the tips of the ridges stick out of the band. Do the ridges in the petite open cathedral stick out or is it a flat surface?

NO-2.JPG

Silverbuggy,

You have questions and I have answers!
2.gif

In terms of whether the arms touch the diamond in the middle. I know in the pictures on the Whiteflash it seems like they do but I can absolutely assure you that in the Petite Cathedral I received they do NOT touch. Actually, that''s turned out to be one of my favourite design elements. It really makes it seem as though the diamond is floating in the middle. The arms are just separated enough to be interesting without producing a strange gap.

As far as the shared prongs on the side and whether they stick out . . .that second question is harder to answer. They definitely don''t come close to sticking out as much as they do in the picture they posted. They''re ALMOST close to flush. ALMOST.

I should also mention that in person the setting is not nearly as angular as you would expect from the Whiteflash website. I would say the diamond is set slightly lower in real life. That and the prongs holding the centre stone appear to be a little less straight and with a slight curve.

Overall I''d say the changes were to my benefit!
36.gif

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can take additional pictures to help answer your questions!

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Aww thanks Blingy! Now that you mention the tiny tiny gap where the arm ends, I see it in a couple of your pics!

Haha if you have time, I would sooo appreciate some close ups! I''m interested in a) side view kinda like my 2nd picture where you can see the shared prongs slightly stick out and the distinct U/V shape, and b) straight on view of the shared prong setting of the side diamonds.

And any chance you could sneak a picture of the both e-ring and w-band worn together? Do they sit flush and are the melee diamonds in the w-band set exactly the same way as in the e-ring?

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Oh Blingy, I just realized you may have mistaken that 2nd picture I posted as one of the petite open cathedral. It''s actually a completely different setting from another company.

Hey a couple more issues I wanted to discuss with you. Since I want this setting in platinum, I have to go custom since the default only comes in white gold. I''m wondering if I should ask for special modifications. What would you recommend based on seeing the actual thing?

Here are some things I''m considering to ask:
-- Make shared prongs lay flat and not stick out at all
-- Make the ridges between each shared prong more subtle (less of the U/V shape)
-- Instead of having the arms shoot straight up at that tilted angle, curve them downward a bit more and lower the tip of the arm a bit so there''s less distance between the e-ring top shank diamonds and the w-band''s top shank diamonds

jess1981

Shiny_Rock
Blingy I love your ring. I have the same setting. It sounds like you love yours just as much as I do. I think it is a timeless setting. Isn''t it amazing hom much those little side diamonds sparkle. I still stare at mine everyday and I can''t see myself ever tired of it. I am getting ready to buy the w-band soon.

Silver buggy:

I thought I would give some input since I have the same setting. You can see my ring here https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wanna-see-my-ring.100885/

I would not change the shared prongs at all. The shared prongs on the band are very delicate. I think the U shape allows more light to get to each tiny diamond and maked them sparkle like crazy. The prongs holding the diamond actually do not look like the stock photo from the website, they do curve in more.

If I could change anything. I may have gotten the letago head from whiteflash and I may still do that later.
WHat size will your center stone be silverbuggy?

Silverbuggy:

I wanted to make sure I hadn''t forgotten about your requests. I''ll take more pictures today and post them tonight.

As for what I would change . . .

I''m totally with Jess. I happen to think the shared prongs are great on the side and really don''t stick out very much.

The prongs that hold the center stone are also much more delicate and curved in than they appear on the stock photo.

As for any other changes . . . pre-ordering I thought about changing the head so that it was flat at the bottom (where it met the ring) rather than on a V. I''m glad I didn''t do that! I also thought about putting a legato head on there but in the end I''m also glad I didn''t.

Let''s put it this way - the Whiteflash people KNEW what they were doing when they designed this ring. They did a brilliant job and even if you were to go stock, like I did, you would still be absolutely thrilled!!!
30.gif

gigglebuns1186

Rough_Rock
Awesome! I have the exact setting! :) I got engaged last July. I saw that you mentioned you were getting the matching band. Do you have any pictures of it? Thanks and congratulations again!!! :)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring. Enjoy it!!

chapter1

Rough_Rock
blingy in the rockies, I, too, will be getting this setting for my e-ring!! The only change I am going to get is have the beautiful Tiffany 6-prong head instead (like this head here)

I, however, don''t think I am very fond of the w-band. I have always admired the simple elegance of w-bands w/ a sleek-line of metal enclosing the row of diamonds on my w-band and hence was thinking of purchasing this w-band. I was wondering if you think thisLegato w-band setting will look weird w/ your e-ring (due to the extra thin slab of metal enclosing the w-band)??

I would prefer a sleek line of metal enclosing the row of diamonds on both the e-ring & w-band but I think the e-ring looks fine w/o this extra metal. However, I don''t think it is true for the w-band - I think on certain days when I will be wearing the w-band by itself, the w-band wil look better w/ the thin metal enclosing the row of diamonds (as opposed to the jagged side view of the w-band)...could you take some pictures of you wearing the w-band by itself (top view, side view, faraway & close-ups) please?

Could you also take some photos of you wearing your e-ring + w-band together (both close up and as faraway on your finger as possible)?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results