shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash operations - storm related outage

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Houston made news yesterday, but not in a good way. We had a severe storm that caused flooding and blew out windows on skyscrapers downtown, making national news.

To those who have inquired and expressed concern we appreciate it! Everyone is fine here, but we did lose power and it is currently affecting our ability to operate, to communicate, and to ship and recieve.

We hope to be up and running normally very soon, but the disruption could affect some of our customers, depending on when systems are fully restored.

Please be patient, and thank you again for your concern.

The Whiteflash Team

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Glad that everyone is safe, Bryan.
Hope that the city/county gets things squared away quickly so things can get back to normal sooner rather than later.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glad to hear everyone is ok!!
Praying that everything is up and running quickly!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too am glad to hear that everyone is ok. After that, the rest is just the rest!

Last edited:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just heard about Houston last night and immediately thought of you guys! Glad you are all safe and hopefully power will be restored quickly! I read you have some steamy weather coming in.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
UPDATE: We have been advised by our building management that power is now restored. We are waiting until tomorrow to make sure power is stable before resuming normal operations.

We appreciate the well wishes, and the patience of anyone affected by our outage. It appears that two tornadoes were the cause of much of the devestation. And Houston doesn't normally get tornadoes. But we are living in a new normal in so many ways!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glad to hear things are getting back to normal.
Just so thankful that everyone at WF is ok.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UPDATE: We have been advised by our building management that power is now restored. We are waiting until tomorrow to make sure power is stable before resuming normal operations.

We appreciate the well wishes, and the patience of anyone affected by our outage. It appears that two tornadoes were the cause of much of the devestation. And Houston doesn't normally get tornadoes. But we are living in a new normal in so many ways!

Glad to hear this. The weather can be so scary sometimes. As has been said before, man can tether neither time nor tide! We just have to ride it out and hope for the best.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Back in Bidness!

Thanks again to all in the pricescope community for your support. We are back to full capacity and catching up.

@MissGotRocks, yes weather can be scary. And we have not even entered hurricane season :shock:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back in Bidness!

Thanks again to all in the pricescope community for your support. We are back to full capacity and catching up.

@MissGotRocks, yes weather can be scary. And we have not even entered hurricane season :shock:

I hear it will be a very busy hurricane season! It’s been a higher than normal strong storm season up here in Illinois. Glad to hear you are back in business!

TXwidow

Shiny_Rock
rJust so y'all know how bad it was (and we were only without power for 24 hours here 50 miles West of downtown Houston); there are some areas only about 10 miles North of me that have been without power for SEVEN days!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems like Texas continues to get pounded with bad storms and tornados. :( Hope everyone stays safe out there.

HGar

Shiny_Rock
Our son’s adopted family in Houston was without power and wifi for 5 days - luckily they had a generator keep things running in the meantime.

Then yesterday he was meant to fly Houston - Dallas - Raleigh when the tornado warning came through and closed DFW for hours. We had to rescramble and book a later flight from Houston - Raleigh instead. When he returned back to Houston for the flight some 6hrs later, the DFW bound flights were still sitting on the tarmac.

Hope everyone in Texas is safe.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another scary storm moved through Houston yesterday from the north. It was very eery - I have never seen it that dark at mid-day. And I recently witnessed the total eclipse!

TXwidow

Shiny_Rock
yep, and Bryan-College Station (on radar) looked like they were getting it too; fortunately, I am 'between' both places and we totally missed everything.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results