shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash expert selection diamond - what do you think

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think of this diamond from Whiteflash''s Expert Selection line?

GIA
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 0.55
Color: J
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 60.3
Table: 55
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.4
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Pavilion %: 43.2
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 5.36-5.39X3.24

I haven''t seen this one in person, and the B&M jewelers around me don''t stock very many ideal cut diamonds in the 0.5ct range. The price is totally do-able for me.
9.gif

Any advice is appreciated.
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Scores well on the HCA. Should be a good performer. Well cut J color diamonds offer great bang for the buck as they face up very white and bright without the price premium. Ideal Scope looks very nice as well. Expert Selection diamonds are hand selected by Brian Gavin for quality and performance. Brian will not offer a diamond for sale as an ES usless it is not totally fabulous.

One thing I would suggest,............... Since it''s a GIA Dossier report, you might call and chat with the folks at WF. Ask for more details on the color and location of the grade setting inclusions (crystal noted on the report).

Having followed your other thread, JB, I say,............ YOU GO GIRL!!!
36.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS......
9.gif
. It''s one of the two I suggested to you as options for making a new e-ring of your own. The price is fantastic.

Nice, nice choice, Jellybean!

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
Hey Jellybean,

That looks like a beautiful stone!! Whiteflash is great to work with too.

Are you going to send them the .38ct ring to switch out the stones? If so, why don''t you ask how much it woul cost to set the .38ct stone into a pendant? If it''s going to be there anyway, it might be doable for you. Then you''d be dripping in diamonds
10.gif
11.gif
9.gif
Just a thought. I''m with PQ ... You go girl!!!

BTW, glad dh understands a little better now. Sometimes it just takes a little translation into "manspeak" for them to feel our pain. He sounds like a sweetheart. Also, giving the 1.5ct to your kids is a really nice idea. It won''t have all the baggage for them that it does for you. And good luck with MIL. It''s a lot easier to deal with family situations when you feel you have dh''s support and understanding.

Good luck! And PLEASE let us know what you end up doing. Pictures are mandatory here you know.
30.gif

Cheers,
LizzyD

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Lizzy -- I''m going to see if they can switch out the 0.38ct and put in this one. The problem is the 0.38ct only measures 4.5mm and this one is almost a whole mm bigger. If they can''t I''ll just probably have it put in a 4 prong setting for now.

Hey Al -- I didn''t realize that was one of the ones you picked out!
9.gif
I had read your thread at like 2:30am and did check out your suggested diamonds but didn''t make the connection. Duh on my part! You have good taste!

Woo hoo! Can''t wait! I''m going to call Whiteflash now!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Jellybean, this looks like a really good compromise based on your recent thread in Diamond Hangout. Have a talk with your hubby!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey that is my earring!!
9.gif

I have been eyeballing that stone for a while now, but no real great pair to it has shown up....plus I ideally want something more in the ~.60ctish range..very hard to find.

Oh and in terms of reusing the head, chances are they probably can, they stretched my 1.30c head into a 1.60c head for my new stone..just make sure the head space still gives you enough room to clean the pavilion, mine is a bit squished in there.

I think it's a fabulous buy...should be stunning! Good luck!

rosy

Shiny_Rock
It''ll be fabulous. In a small size like that a J will look super bright white!

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
yahoo! I had them pull the diamond for me and they said it is eyeclean. i''m going to send them my setting to see if they can put that diamond in it. i had my 0.38ct in a pendant up until january, so i will send them that setting as well to put it back in there.

i hope i can get all this done today!
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Jellybean, I am just grinning from ear to ear! So glad this seems to be working out for you. I''m sure you''ll be delighted to have your very own stone!

Just remember - we want pictures!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
yay jellybean!!! i am so happy for you! i cant'' wait to see it!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results