carat
color
clarity

WhiteFlash ERingSetting Quality

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, KK.

Does anyone see any issue with the dimensions? I know it's an ACA diamond so I would expect none, but I ran it through the HCA calculator and got an 0.8. Based on some cursory reading of the board, it appears that there "can" be issues with diamonds with HCA scores <1. I don't expect that to be the case here, but wanted to confirm that no one sees an obvious issue with the proportions of this stone.

DIAMOND SPECIFICATIONS
Depth % 60.3
Table % 56.5
Crown Angle 34.2
Star 53.0
Pavilion Angle 40.7
Crown % 14.8
Lower Girdle % 77.0

Nope, nothing to worry about!

JeannieGrey

Rough_Rock
I bought my diamond from WF and my setting from a local jeweler. They will be providing a head replacement and setting the diamond. One of the reasons we went with WF for the setting work is because we wanted the diamond insured during the process. Many jewelers don't offer workmanship insurance for pieces bought elsewhere. I can't yet confidently agree with many others that their craftsmanship work is excellent and no cause for concern. I can let you know once mine is completed. Hopefully, by the end of this week.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a BIG difference in size.

For me, having had both an I colored and an H colored stone of around that size, I would go with an H, somewhere around the 2 - 2.2ct mark. I color is generally considered to be the point at which tint is visible, and I like my diamonds whitewhitewhite. As it is, an H is nowhere near as white as, say, an E colored stone, but the tint is still minimal and it's clearly a white stone. An I is starting to become warmer, or creamier. This is not to my taste.

Cut-wise, both are super-ideal, so there's really nothing to say about differences in cut standard; both will be heavenly when it comes to light return etc.

As for clarity, I am of the school that - if I can't see the inclusions - I don't care if it's a flawless stone, or an SI2; if I can't see it, I can't see it. WF will DEFINITELY steer you in the right direction where this is concerned; they're very reputable and won't try to lead you astray.

So for my money - I'd be looking for an H SI1 in the 2.2ct range. Best of all worlds.

ETA Color differences are far more difficult to see on a computer screen than in real life. Looking at a stone online and thinking "oh - that looks very white!" is misleading. You'll need to see them in the flesh.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a very nice H SI1 2.118ct ACA stone on the web site for $21,685. I'd be looking into THAT!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results