shape
carat
color
clarity

WhiteFlash Diamond Hoops x 3!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So last month WF had the 1.0 ct. huggie hoops on sale as a Valentine's promotion. I have wanted some for a long time but had no idea what size would look best on me. Soooooo with my hubby's blessing (and he is always happy for me to choose my own gifts!).....I contacted Traci and ordered all three sizes to try and will pick one to keep! I decided to make a thread so that hopefully it might help others trying to make the same decision! The sad thing is, I am not a photographer, will never be a photographer, and therefore, aside from the beautiful glamour shots WF sent me, the rest of the pictures do not show the beauty of these sparkling bright white diamonds! I have seen lots of beautiful hoops posted here, but I knew I would later regret it if I didn't go for the top quality stones and settings. Made that mistake in the past, but no more!

So first are the glamour shots from WF which are helpful in seeing the three sizes: 1.5 ctw., 1.0 ctw., and .65 ctw (10 stones in each pair)

WFhoops1.jpg

WFhoops2.jpg

WFhoops3.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next is my own group shot, and then a size comparison. It is not very precise...I'd say they are about 1mm different in width from each other. The last picture is just to show the height and they are just sitting on top of the ruler. The 1.5 has a little larger hoop whereas the other two are close to the same other than the diamond size. I love the settings...they have beautiful open sides!

IMG_2958.JPG

IMG_2960.JPG

IMG_2962.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first picture is my attempt to show ear shots of all three..1.5, 1.0, .65 ctw., and the second just has the two larger pairs.

I adore the 1.5 pair, but it may be just a little too much for my casual, everyday wear. They are gorgeous, though! I am sort of leaning toward the 1.0 and think they are better for everyday for me. It would be nice to have both, because the 1.0 pair are smaller huggies and the larger ones could be worn for more dressy occasions.

WFhoopscomparisonSML.jpg

WFhoopscomparison2SML.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the 1.0 best :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amys Bling|1331860928|3149685 said:
i like the 1.0 best :)

Good! I thought about doing a poll, but just didn't. All comments on size are welcome!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
First, I would like to say that they are all STUNNING. Yummy. :lickout:

I agree, I think the 1 ctw set would be best for everyday. When comparing the pictures side by side, I think the 1ctw set is the best balance. They are substantial and eye catching, but not too over the top for daily wear.

That being said, I don't think you can really go wrong. They all look great and it is just a matter of personal preference.

Congrats on the earrings :appl: I hope you enjoy them!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
a vote for 1ct for me too :bigsmile:

stci

Ideal_Rock
1 ct for me too! They are gorgeous on you!

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
I think the 1 ctw ones are a nice compromise. They look great on you! But...I also like the bigger ones, and if they are comfortable...could you get used to a little more bling?

I have very similar Roberto Coin huggies which I wear every day 24/7. They are very comfortable. I think they are 1 ctw but have to look at the paperwork. I confess I wouldn't mind if they were a tad bigger, assuming they'd still be as comfortable for daily wear.

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
Correction. Mine are about 0.7 ctw. In which case I think the 1 ctw ones would be just the perfect size. :appl:

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
I like the 1.0 ct, too. In your "ear pics" the 0.65 show some metal at the bottom, it seems. Perhaps it's just the angle, but I'd think you would want "all diamonds" down the front.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the 1 ct. is a nice size for everyday wear and they look very nice on you. Again, I always like that balance and I think with the rest of your jewelry, this represents the best balance in overall look for you. They are definitely noticeable and beautiful but not overwhelming to the ear or your face.

Enjoy them DS - they look great!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the 1.5 pair because the diamonds appear to wrap around more, so looking at the ear shots you do not see any metal from the straight on view. Maybe that is an artifact of the photography?

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
They all look beautiful on you and your pics are great. I like the 1.5 pair on you best.

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
I really like the 1.5 as they wrap around more. You have lovely hair DS :))

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1331860143|3149680 said:
I have seen lots of beautiful hoops posted here, but I knew I would later regret it if I didn't go for the top quality stones and settings. Made that mistake in the past, but no more!

This is the truth that we all shall find out as we age. Along the same line of thoughts, get the largest pair (1.5 cw) if budget allows. There will always be occasions when you wish you have a more blingy pair. Get them now before you get priced out, as prices will for sure keep going up. For those times when you want less bling, you can always count on your studs.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 1.5 best! Beautiful!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They all look great! I like the 1ct ones best for daily wear, tbey seem most versatile.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much DS for posting all 3 sizes - that was a GREAT idea and very much appreciated! :appl:

I love the look of the 1ct in your ears but I think I do agree with Fancy Diamonds thought - go for bling and on the less blingy days, wear studs. Good call FD!

Whatever you go with, they look beautiful and great settings. Enjoy!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would get the 1.5ct pair. I like the way they wrap around. You might be sorry later if you go smaller.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I like the 1 ct and the 1.5....I do understand about feeling the 1.5 might be too dressy for every day wear but I wonder if you might just wear your studs when super casual and the the huggies in the 1.5 would be fine dir a dressy casual or dressy?

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for sharing and taking ear shots! I always struggle so much with real-life perspective. It's really helpful when people share this kind of thing :)

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Wow this is an awesome comparison and SO helpful DS! You're a champ for taking so many pics. I know I've been dreaming of some huggies and that is very helpful for the rest of us trying to make a decision.

Initially I thought the 1ctw, but the more I looked the more I thought, 'Hey, DS can rock those 1.5ctw!' It wouldn't take long to get used to them. I don't know if they're a lot more blingy or just a different look being larger hoops.

I'm contemplating remaking my HoF eternity into a pair of huggies and a five or seven stone ring. But that's another story!

Let us know what you decide... Good luck!

<3 a

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I was surprised to come back over here and see all these posts! Thank you all SO much for weighing in on this decision because it helps so much to hear the perspective of others! It is so easy for me to give my opinion to others, but I always have a little difficulty deciding on my own projects! Seems like the group is pretty split on the size. I wish I could buy both!

I am glad some of you found this helpful, too. I know it helps me when I can have as much info as possible before buying online, so it is good when we can all share info!

I'll go back and address any questions.

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
All 3 pairs look good on you but I vote for the 1.5 too.

I'm a SAHM and I wear mine everyday, you wil get use to them.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mimi72|1331862728|3149719 said:
I think the 1 ctw ones are a nice compromise. They look great on you! But...I also like the bigger ones, and if they are comfortable...could you get used to a little more bling?

I have very similar Roberto Coin huggies which I wear every day 24/7. They are very comfortable. I think they are 1 ctw but have to look at the paperwork. I confess I wouldn't mind if they were a tad bigger, assuming they'd still be as comfortable for daily wear.

Love the RC huggies! Just never found them for the right price! I have a couple of his woven hoops, though, and they are my other favorite earrings!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1331863326|3149728 said:
I think the 1 ct. is a nice size for everyday wear and they look very nice on you. Again, I always like that balance and I think with the rest of your jewelry, this represents the best balance in overall look for you. They are definitely noticeable and beautiful but not overwhelming to the ear or your face.

Enjoy them DS - they look great!!!

You know I am big on balance, MGR! :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1331863717|3149736 said:
I like the 1.5 pair because the diamonds appear to wrap around more, so looking at the ear shots you do not see any metal from the straight on view. Maybe that is an artifact of the photography?

The only ones where I could see sme metal from a normal view were the .65's. Those hoops are about the same size as the 1.0 hoops, so there is not as much diamond coverage since the stones are 6.5 pointers as opposed to 10. The 1.5 pair has larger hoops, so they go about the same distance around as the 1.0 pair. I probably took one of those pictures at a slight downward angle.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the 1 ct pair!! Perfect size!

They are all so beautiful and thanks for taking the time to do a comparison of the 3 sizes for us! :appl:

Cachette :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FancyDiamond|1331865328|3149754 said:
diamondseeker2006|1331860143|3149680 said:
I have seen lots of beautiful hoops posted here, but I knew I would later regret it if I didn't go for the top quality stones and settings. Made that mistake in the past, but no more!

This is the truth that we all shall find out as we age. Along the same line of thoughts, get the largest pair (1.5 cw) if budget allows. There will always be occasions when you wish you have a more blingy pair. Get them now before you get priced out, as prices will for sure keep going up. For those times when you want less bling, you can always count on your studs.

Yes, age at least has a couple of things going for it! :bigsmile:

Excellent point about prices going up and the advantage of buying larger pieces sooner. I will definitely consider this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results