shape
carat
color
clarity

WhiteFlash - Custom Engagement Ring experience (Ongoing)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That would be a good first step, yes. But if they are still uneven, then fix or remake, as necessary to make sure the ring is to the OP's requirements and expectations before it gets sent out. I am not a fan of this "wait and see in person" mentality, especially if I already voiced my issues to the vendor.

As for the other issue, this is not the thread for it, but it wasn't exactly a shock to me so I wasn't surprised or particularly offended by it. I handled it, and it's done. But it takes a lot to offend me lol! I do still have the ering setting to deal with, and eventually when my house projects are where I want them to be Ill deal with that again, and when my nervous system can handle it.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
ame|1357228188|3346286 said:
That would be a good first step, yes. But if they are still uneven, then fix or remake, as necessary to make sure the ring is to the OP's requirements and expectations before it gets sent out. I am not a fan of this "wait and see in person" mentality, especially if I already voiced my issues to the vendor.

As for the other issue, this is not the thread for it, but it wasn't exactly a shock to me so I wasn't surprised or particularly offended by it. I handled it, and it's done. But it takes a lot to offend me lol! I do still have the ering setting to deal with, and eventually when my house projects are where I want them to be Ill deal with that again, and when my nervous system can handle it.

I too am glad that you weren't offended! :)) I agree that if this were my ring and I noticed the size difference I would be looking for it regardless if whether or not it was obvious, and if it can be fixed, it should be fixed. If recasting the ring will likely result in similar issues then I think that WF should communicate this and suggest that OP consider having a hand forged piece commissioned where the angles will be much more precise.

On a side note, I saw where you said that you weren't wearing your ering much anymore and it made me sad. I hope that you will be able to get the issues resolved soon so that you can enjoy it again! =)

ascari_2

Shiny_Rock
That's a pretty noticeable size difference! No way would I accept something like that. And the size difference is far too large to account for any angling of the ring.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did not notice it until you pointed it out. I had a ring once with a similar asymmetry. In person when worn you cannot notice it. We are talking about fractions of millimeters and, when worn, a very different viewing angle.

I think you are overthinking this and you should see it in person before worrying so much. Sometimes these concerns, when seen in person, still bother the consumer. And at least EQUALLY often the consumer posts about how they overreacted for nothing!

We all choose how obsessive to be about things in life. My vote is to choose not to obsess ;))

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ascari_2|1357230446|3346318 said:
That's a pretty noticeable size difference! No way would I accept something like that. And the size difference is far too large to account for any angling of the ring.

I agree!

But really the OP's opinion is the only one that matters, since it's her ring, and if she is bothered by it, then it needs to be fixed.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I saw it immediatedly (before reading the post - I actually read the post to know whether or not I should point it out), but I am really kind of freakishly focused about things being even. I hope you get it worked out, but no, I don't think the difference is just in your head.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Christina... said:
ame|1357228188|3346286 said:

I too am glad that you weren't offended! :)) I agree that if this were my ring and I noticed the size difference I would be looking for it regardless if whether or not it was obvious, and if it can be fixed, it should be fixed. If recasting the ring will likely result in similar issues then I think that WF should communicate this and suggest that OP consider having a hand forged piece commissioned where the angles will be much more precise.

On a side note, I saw where you said that you weren't wearing your ering much anymore and it made me sad. I hope that you will be able to get the issues resolved soon so that you can enjoy it again! =)
Yea it's not safe to wear the ering anymore. My opinion of that designer is no longer good and despite seeing lots of seemingly wellmade ones on here, mine was not and each attempt was not any better sadly. i hoped having anoter vendor with more experience dealing with them at least look at it might tell me if this is typical of their quality or unusual but after the initial offer was made and rescinded and an accusation (without even seeing it or the accompanying documentation) of it being fake was made, I decided that it wasnt worth their involvement any longer or dealing with it at all anymore. when i figure out how to reset it, ill deal with the whats and whos then. I am shelving it for now so I can focus my nerves and money elsewhere. It's gloves weather anyway.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say, while I do see what the OP is seeing, you have to remember two things. 1- this is not the actual size and even if you photoshopped a teeny tiny version, it's still a static photo of a ring, on a slight angle.
2- there will be very few times you will even be able to replicate this angle in real life.
I have similar triangles in my settings and dear lord the way I have to tilt my hand and peer in between bands to see them!
I know this is a nice chunk of money and you are not stateside, but I really think this is a non issue. Think of it as your rings beauty mark. The thing that makes it different than all the other rings just like it :)
It is beautiful and I hope it is just as beautiful in real life!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to look at mine at lunch, and mine is not cad, but I looked from "angles" and straight on, and mine are pretty much even.

OP if you addressed this to WF and it's an issue to you, don't just wait and see, stick to your guns before it's shipped. We can share our opinions til we're blue in the fingers, but it's not our ring, it's yours. It's a pain in the butt to ship this stuff back and forth from within the US, so outside the US, it will be a bigger pain. Get what you want and paid for. If you want to see in person if it's an issue, that's your choice, just like it is to make them fix it.

keres

Rough_Rock
FancyDiamond|1357222616|3346199 said:
To me, the triangles are uneven. I don't think the unevenness is a result of angle of photographing.

I have had numerous jewelries custom made by Whiteflash. From my experience, I have the following comments/conclusions:

1. If I see from the photos any imperfections that bother me, they will bug me constantly, because I know they are there. Do not let others tell you that you are seeing things or that you would not notice in real life. It is your opinion that matters, because you will be the one wearing the ring.
2. As long as I communicate my thoughts to Whiteflash, Whiteflash will fix the problems to my satisfaction. Most of the time I do not even know how they managed to fix the problems, but they found a way.
3. I know you said Whiteflash SA already said the problem could not be fixed. Try again. I am sure they will figure out a way.
4. One thing special about Whiteflash is their superb customer service (something that is not found in most other vendors). It is to Whiteflash best interest that you, the customer, is satisfied and happy. Especially in your case (outside US), the return process (not just shipping charges) will be costly to Whiteflash. Therefore, it is best that the problem is fixed before sending you the ring.
5. Relax. You have nothing to worry about, because Whiteflash will give you your ring to your satisfacton. Look at me, till this date, I am still a happy Whiteflash customer, and Whiteflash is making me yet another piece of jewelry.

It is very reassuring to hear your experience with WF and that it went well despite bumps along the way here and there! Thanks for sharing!

I don't have any prior experience with getting a custom ring made but I expected the actual ring to be somewhat the same as the CAD, specifically the smoothness/sharpness of the edges and the proportions. So I was taken aback a little when I saw the actual ring and reviewed it in detail. But as a few people have commented, I would definitely like this issue fixed before I receive it. I know there is a chance that it won't be noticeable when I see the ring IRL but I don't want to risk it.

Ame, I have already emailed them to try to get it fixed =) They have responded and said the production team will be able to make adjustments to the triangle and that I will be receiving updated images of the ring shortly. Goes to show that we really need to be persistent and ask for clarification if they say in the first instance that it can not be done and is out of scope.

I will post the image once I receive it :D

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! That's awesome!

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Howdy everyone,
What a lively conversation we have going on here and quite a learning one for us too. We are very appreciative of the support and encouragement that you all are giving keres. We do regret the concerns this has caused keres however we are very happy to work through it and hopefully bring a happy and delighted client to the end result of our combined efforts.
Many Thanks to keres for your patience and kindness throughout this process. Our entire Whiteflash team is looking forward to learning your in person thoughts when you get to try out your lovely ring.
Warmest regards from the Whiteflash team. :)

keres

Rough_Rock
Vera, you have been fabulous and as I've already said, thank you for being patient with me! I'm looking forward to seeing the ring in person :bigsmile:

Here are the new images. I've put the old and the new side by side for easy comparison. I think the changes made are minimal but it looks much better, particularly in the second image. Looks like the edges have been smoothed out a bit more too, or that could just be the lighting.

new-ring-side-1.jpg

new-ring-side-2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely looks better!!! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great keres! I knew WF and Vera would take care of your concerns and make you happy! Enjoy and wear in health and happiness! Looking forward to seeing handshots when you receive the beautiful ring!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
WF excellent customer service? As usual. :appl:

I think the new images are lovely, keres. But more importantly, I am happy that YOU think they are lovely.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks better!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks much better. I also think it is a design where this detail was important to get right. You were right to be pedantic.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it definitely looks much better! :appl:

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad you stuck to your guns! It looks so much better!
I also appreciate WF for working it out. The new finishes of the ring looks much more like what should be coming out of WF.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much better!!

I'm very glad to hear that you're happier now - I'm late but that it would've bothered me, too.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
MUCH BETTER.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, it looks so much better! :appl:

keres

Rough_Rock
Re: WhiteFlash - Custom Engagement Ring experience (Complete

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments. The ring arrived the other week!!

There were some delays with Australian Customs due to insufficient information on what the package contained. The value declared was also higher than what I paid for and the the paper work for AUSFTA were not provided so I ended up having to pay more tax than I expected. But FedEx has agreed to review the tax re price difference and AUSFTA. They have a AU$132 processing fee for making amendments if its non their fault, but I managed to get this waived since they didn't inform me of it when I spoke to their broker about getting it reviewed before I paid the taxes. So toodles to them for that.

So onto the ring! I think WF has done an amazing job, especially the gallery, I love how delicate it looks. The ACA diamonds are beautiful and I already received a number of compliments on how shining it is. In some lightnings, I actually think it looks bigger than what it is.

I have to say that I can still notice the slight imperfection with the triangles, but i'm not too fussed about that since its much better than what it was before. And I can only notice it if I stare at it within 20 cms away from me. But I'm still extremely glad that this was fixed. :D

The only other thing is that the ring is still slightly loose on me. Its fits fine when the weather is really hot (summer here at the moment), but most times it feels loose and spins to the side. I had it measured by a local jeweller, and he measured it as 4.5. The size I requested was 4.25. Maybe they're only made in 0.5 increments? But I'm taking Vera's advice on getting sizing beads. Only problem is, I couldn't find many jewellers who offers this service, or even knows much about it.

So overall, very happy with ring and the excellent service from WF. Depending on how FedEx goes with the tax review, I may consider WF for our wedding bands due to their service and value. But may go with their standard designs this time to avoid the dramas.

ering-far-view.jpg

ering-top-view.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are different sizing techniques and different mandrels, so even though the local jeweler said it's a 4.5, it could very well be a 4.25 on WF's mandrel. When you wear a band it will get tighter too! It looks beautiful!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't mess too much with sizing right now. You can easily do sizing beads and I would have a matching band made for a wedding band if you can. But when you wear this ring with a band, it will be a little tighter on your finger.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful! :appl: I agree with the others that I wouldn't mess with the sizing right now. Try on potential wb candidates first and if it still feels too big consider sizing beads. Beautiful ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results