shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Whiteflash butterflies with CBI and ACA's

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here she is! My ring journey is over! I went from halo to solitaire to halo to solitaire to halo to three-stone! And I'm done. This ring perfectly fits my lifestyle. It was a LONG journey to get here and I'm happy it's over!

Center stone: 2.12 KSI1 Crafted by Infinity
side stones: .31 K VS2 Whiteflash ACA's
Metal: 18k unplated white gold
size: 4.75

CBI was a pleasure to deal with from beginning to end, as was Whiteflash. I can't recommend them highly enough! I made no modifications to their butterflies setting, except to request no rhodium plating The ring is super comfortable, is the exact proportion I was looking for and the light show it puts off is AMAZING!

Pics and videos:

IMG_20200520_125638.jpg
IMG_20200519_163332.jpg IMG_20200519_163341.jpg IMG_20200519_163343.jpg IMG_20200519_164015.jpg IMG_20200519_164103 (1).jpg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s incredible!!! And I can’t believe those are Ks!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection! Will you stack it???

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!! Just incredibly beautiful ring!! Thank you for the your videos - they showcase the stones perfectly.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! Will you pair it with a wedding band?

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Wow what a beautiful ring! The dimensions of the stones, the setting, and the sparkles, all gorgeous!!!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Stunning, lovely in all ways.

KLE

Shiny_Rock
Looks great! The setting turned out to be really beautiful!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is amazing! I love everything about her!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection! Will you stack it???

I don't know! You know what I hate about a wedding band? It makes it harder to pull off the ring above it if your fingers aren't totally shrunk. It's like almost impossible. And in my line of work, that's a huge PITA.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s perfection! I’m happy for you being happy!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love the balance with the 2.12 center and the .31 sides. How did you know that size would balance out the center so nicely? I would think you needed to go larger, but no, it looks so well balanced. It’s perfect.

Why unplated? I never thought to ask for that but I love that too.

And lastly, what made you go with smaller ACA and not CBIs? I personally think you have the best of both worlds right on your finger.

I’m saving this thread for a way down the line ring idea. I LOVE IT! Wear it in good health.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
What a relief about the side stones! I was worried for a second in RockyTalk.

You have me deep into the land of 3-stone rings! It is just perfect. The WF photos really don’t do it justice! It’s INCREDIBLE. I can’t believe it’s a K.

Please do tell us how you choose those proportions. Also, do you mind letting us know the measurements of the three stones?

Also + also, could we see pics of your prior settings?

Enjoy your beautiful butterfly. She is utterly perfect; I’m drooling over here.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How is that a K? Because it faces up bright and white! The proportions are lovely too. Is the creaminess of the unplated 18k a match in terms of stacking with your other bands?

And yes, more pics!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Love it! The stones are amazing, the setting, the proportions on your hand - it's just gorgeous! :kiss2:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't know! You know what I hate about a wedding band? It makes it harder to pull off the ring above it if your fingers aren't totally shrunk. It's like almost impossible. And in my line of work, that's a huge PITA.

@soxfan, we wear the same size 4.5 and I bought my 2mm platinum wedding band from e-weddingbands in a size 5. I think it helps when the ring behind it is loose. I hate the feeling of tight rings, I’m so not a stacking girl with my stubby fingers! DF83AD23-3540-4F47-91FE-09E911F9418E.jpeg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous @soxfan, love it--congratulations!! :love::love:

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Such a classic!

How do you know this is your forever ring? Did you know from the start with your former rings they weren’t the final ring? (:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Such a classic!

How do you know this is your forever ring? Did you know from the start with your former rings they weren’t the final ring? (:

Trust me- I am DONE. I will buy diamond studs at some point, but this is my forever ring. Did I think that with some of the ones before this? Sure, I think we all do. LOL! This ring fits my lifestyle which has changed a lot over the last 5 years.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is that a K? Because it faces up bright and white! The proportions are lovely too. Is the creaminess of the unplated 18k a match in terms of stacking with your other bands?

And yes, more pics!

I haven't put it on with a band yet, and I don't know if I will even wear one. I kind of like it without a band!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love the balance with the 2.12 center and the .31 sides. How did you know that size would balance out the center so nicely? I would think you needed to go larger, but no, it looks so well balanced. It’s perfect.

Why unplated? I never thought to ask for that but I love that too.

And lastly, what made you go with smaller ACA and not CBIs? I personally think you have the best of both worlds right on your finger.

I’m saving this thread for a way down the line ring idea. I LOVE IT! Wear it in good health.

I poured through Yssies threads on proportions. I too wanted a "sidestone" or accent stone look, not a traditonal three stone. I love these proportions. I could have even gone with .25 sidestones. I didn't choose CBI for side stones because they only sell .40 carats and up I believe.

I chose unplated on Yssie's advice that it would compliment the K color stones. It does!!!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a relief about the side stones! I was worried for a second in RockyTalk.

You have me deep into the land of 3-stone rings! It is just perfect. The WF photos really don’t do it justice! It’s INCREDIBLE. I can’t believe it’s a K.

Please do tell us how you choose those proportions. Also, do you mind letting us know the measurements of the three stones?

Also + also, could we see pics of your prior settings?

Enjoy your beautiful butterfly. She is utterly perfect; I’m drooling over here.

I just searched threads on proportions as I wanted a sidestone or accent stone look, NOT the traditional three stone ring. Measurements:

Center stone: 8.25 mm
side stones: 4.2 mm

Yes, have gone through all my old settings and I'll post them!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous in every way, congrats!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back to this ring for another look...
Oh @soxfan I miss my Butteflies so much right now!! I need to have another made. I really do.

Your stones - those almost-just-a-solitaire-with-accents proportions. That faceting and those sparkles!! I never had superideals - your ring eclipses mine :cool2: :love:

And that rich and creamy WG... Did you ultimately go with 14k or 18k? I'm wearing one of my unplated WG bands right now. Ten years and I still adore this colour.

I can't wait to see what band(s) you pair it with :read:

:love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! Love the proportions you chose! :love: Of course, you know I have loved all you rings! I also feel that simple is best for me for an e-ring over a halo. I just can't decide between a three stone or antique solitaire!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results