shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

d3kim

Rough_Rock
Just wondering whether people feel the independent appraisal provided by Whiteflash with their diamonds is sufficient or if I should get an additional one from my own independent appraiser? In addition, should I make sure the appraisal is performed before the stone is set?

I''ve read a lot of good things on PS about WF and they seem to be very reputable so I am wondering if I really need to incur an additional cost, even though normally I would want one due to my skeptical demeanor.

Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s not an appraisal, but a letter of verification.
2.gif

only you can decide if you *need* more than what they provide. personally, i don''t think an appraisal is necessary, but what is right for you may be different. if you are only worried about verifying that you recieved the diamond you paid for, i can tell you that an extra appraisal is absolutely not necessary in that case.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
That is entirely up to you. As it happens Chubb used that one and the GIA report number to insure my ring. If you want to know for yourself, for you own state of mind go for it.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 7:39:06 PM
Author: Matatora
That is entirely up to you. As it happens Chubb used that one and the GIA report number to insure my ring. If you want to know for yourself, for you own state of mind go for it.
I''ll second Mat''s comments. Chubb had no problem with the verification document, so other insurance companies shouldn''t either.

I did get an appriasal, but it was minimal- more like a consulation (which is what I wanted). I just wanted to know more about my stone, and it was well worth the $$$.

d3kim

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses!

One more question...

What information can an appraiser provide on a loose diamond that they cannot provide after it has been mounted? Just trying to gauge how important it is for me to have the appraisal done prior to it being set.

1.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 8:25:17 PM
Author: d3kim
Thanks for the responses!

One more question...

What information can an appraiser provide on a loose diamond that they cannot provide after it has been mounted? Just trying to gauge how important it is for me to have the appraisal done prior to it being set.

1.gif
Hi d3Kim.

The letter of verification is included as a courtesy. It is not intended as a substitute for a full appraisal, such as some of the notable Pricescope appraisers offer. It is suitable for insurance in most cases, which we hope will be helpful to our customers. It details weight, color, clarity, laser inscriptions and setting details (if applicable), as well as an approximate retail value. This document is suitable for insurance in many cases, which we hope will be helpful to our customers. With the official grade from the AGS or GIA, detailed analysis by our in-house experts and this further check performed by the appraiser we have done everything in our power to document and authenticate the purchase. With that said, there is still great security in hiring your own expert to provide detailed analysis.

Once mounted a diamond cannot be scanned, photo''d in the pavilion-up view, closely analyzed, etc. There have been several recent threads (to wit, begun by RegularGuy) that may be helpful in learning about third-party appraisals.

MellowCat

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 7:31:18 PM
Author:d3kim
Just wondering whether people feel the independent appraisal provided by Whiteflash with their diamonds is sufficient or if I should get an additional one from my own independent appraiser? In addition, should I make sure the appraisal is performed before the stone is set?

I''ve read a lot of good things on PS about WF and they seem to be very reputable so I am wondering if I really need to incur an additional cost, even though normally I would want one due to my skeptical demeanor.

Thanks!

I would get an independent appraisal BEFORE having the stone mounted. I regret not doing this on my ring, as I would like to have the additional details that are no longer obtainable since the ring is mounted, simply for curiosity''s sake. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results