shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Whiteflash A Cut Above 1.558ct K VS2 Engagement Ring

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
Just picked this up from FedEx today and was soooo excited to bring it home and see how Whiteflash did. Honestly I was a bit nervous this last week and second guessed my choice to go down to a K color, thinking that I might be disappointed with the ring when it arrived. As I waited for the ring to be delivered, I shopped online for acceptable backup stones I or higher, trying to maximize size while keeping the cost of the stone $9k-ish or lower.

My concerns abated shortly after I opened the ring box and saw the diamond: bright, very sparkly, and bigger than I was expecting. I did notice warmth in the stone (present in the side shots included) but I don't mind it--I got a ring I absolutely love for less than I was expecting to pay! The stone also faces up very white to me. After putting the ring on my finger and checking it out under a few different light sources, I felt that I had really maxed out the value for my budget with a gorgeous, ideal-cut, super-sparkly diamond.

Ultimately, I think I might have saved myself some anxiety by spending more time at a B&M comparing color grades. I only saw a single J, K, and L when my boyfriend and I went ring shopping. However, in light of COVID, I did feel a little conflicted about going to a B&M store just to check out color grades when I was fairly certain I would be purchasing a stone online. I also considered asking my WF SA to take some comparison pics of the K I selected against some Is and Js, but I felt that it wouldn't be akin to seeing the stone in person. So I decided I was ok with taking a chance and ordering the ring to see if I liked it, given WF's generous return policy.

A huge thank you to PSers for sharing your knowledge, advice, and beautiful jewelry pictures. I leaned particularly heavily on reviews by those who purchased warmer-colored diamonds to feel as confident as I could about my selection. I also want to say that picking this ring out was an enjoyable experience, and I appreciate that I was able to reference so many thoughtful opinions to help me find what I ultimately wanted.
IMG_20200914_190946.jpg IMG_20200914_190844.jpg IMG_20200914_184910.jpg

Congratulations! Its beautiful! I know that feeling of anxiety waiting for a ring/stone to arrive. I’m glad your happy!!

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
Agree on the band width. The taper is elegant but the 2.5mm width is completely proportional to the size of the stone AND will probably help keep the stone balanced (vs. spinning) on your finger.

The 2.5mm is close to 1/3 of the stone's diameter and my finger coverage is just about 50%. It's so pleasing and satisfying to my eye! I spent a lot of time on diamdb.com trying to come up with the right carat size and width but there's really nothing like seeing it in person!

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Its beautiful! I know that feeling of anxiety waiting for a ring/stone to arrive. I’m glad your happy!!

Thank you! I've had package pickup jitters from shopping before but this was on another level!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I love a bit of color in diamonds as a CS and antique cut girl, so I absolutely think that the color in your diamond with that amazing cut is what makes it for me. It's in my sweet spot proportions and everything.:kiss2:
Perfect.

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
I love a bit of color in diamonds as a CS and antique cut girl, so I absolutely think that the color in your diamond with that amazing cut is what makes it for me. It's in my sweet spot proportions and everything.:kiss2:
Perfect.

Thank you so much! I totally agree, and it brings me so much joy to see it on my hand! I am so dazzled by the beautiful cut, I've never seen a diamond like this in my life. It was tough to hand the ring back to my BF but now I guess I have something to look forward to later this year :)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love it! I don't get much warmth from it. I think you picked out a great stone! Congratulations!

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
It is beautiful and looks white and bright!

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
Wow, I love it! I don't get much warmth from it. I think you picked out a great stone! Congratulations!

Thank you! It definitely faces up very white to my eyes and it looks white in all the pictures I took. I can only see warmth from the sides in certain light. I'm really not color sensitive, so it doesn't bother me when I do see it.

It is beautiful and looks white and bright!

Thanks! I tried to show a few different angles to give some idea of the color in person, but it's so variable because of lighting. The cut is really mesmerizing, so from above I just catch a wonderful light show. I thought about picking a setting with a less "revealing" profile so the body color wouldn't be as visible but now I'm glad I went with the style that spoke to me. I think it's a beautiful stone and the ideal cut is definitely apparent in person.

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It beautiful. Congratulations.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Love the K, the yellow gold and the legato ! Way to go !

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Lovely, classic ring! Yay! Enjoy and wear in good health!

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
Wow! I can't believe this was selected as JOTW! I know an acceptance speech is gratuitous but I just want to say thank you again to all of the PSers who have contributed their knowledge, experiences, perspectives, and gorgeous photos over the years. What a joy to be able to read through so many posts and to finally be able to contribute some pictures of my own. And what an honor to be in such great company!

I showed my BF as well and he is pleased as punch.

PriceScopeKayti

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
I am so glad that some of you beat me to the punch! My computer was on the fritz! Please jump in and congratulate Lurkie91 on the Jewel of the Week! :kiss2:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
well done!!!! beautiful diamond and setting. simple and elegant.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@lurkie91 Sorry I’m late to the party but just had to say your diamond is so beautiful! It looks so white and sparkly! I hope you don’t have to wait too long to get it on your finger!

Goldenmom

Rough_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful!! Very white to me and looks great on you. Congrats!

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
@lurkie91 Sorry I’m late to the party but just had to say your diamond is so beautiful! It looks so white and sparkly! I hope you don’t have to wait too long to get it on your finger!

Thank you, MamaBee! So nice of you to say. I'm still waiting and trying not to be bothered by the fact that the ring is probably sitting in a box somewhere within 20 feet of me. I did ask for a surprise proposal by the end of the year so I guess it's on me to wait a little while longer :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, MamaBee! So nice of you to say. I'm still waiting and trying not to be bothered by the fact that the ring is probably sitting in a box somewhere within 20 feet of me. I did ask for a surprise proposal by the end of the year so I guess it's on me to wait a little while longer :)

I’m excited for you...Please post again when you get it!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and very elegant!

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
Just a quick update that my boyfriend popped the question over the holidays and we are engaged! I’m so excited to be marrying my wonderful partner and beyond thrilled with my beautiful new ring.

Thanks again to PS for the wealth of knowledge, advice, and support.

F0D5AEEA-EC63-45F9-95E4-454D8FB88B15.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations are in order!
:love: It's beautiful and I was right, for me, perfectly proportioned.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Just a quick update that my boyfriend popped the question over the holidays and we are engaged! I’m so excited to be marrying my wonderful partner and beyond thrilled with my beautiful new ring.

Thanks again to PS for the wealth of knowledge, advice, and support.

F0D5AEEA-EC63-45F9-95E4-454D8FB88B15.jpeg

Yay! Congrats!! I had a legato setting in WG for a few years and loved the setting. Congrats on your engagement and your beautiful diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results