shape
carat
color
clarity

White Sapphire vs. Diamond Eternity Band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

freudianflip

Rough_Rock

Hi all! New to the board and have some questions. Does anyone have experience with the The Natural Sapphire Company''s eternity bands? Specifically, I''m considering a white sapphire eternity band as an engagement ring (I''m not a traditional solitaire type of girl) and am interested in diamond alternatives for a number of reasons, including budget. I''ve read the postings on the board about larger white sapphires, and I think I understand the distinction btw white sapphs and diamonds in a larger stone size re: color, sparkle, etc. I''m wondering how white sapphires would perform optically in a smaller size, such as those in an eternity band.

I like square stones, (princess or emerald) and would likely choose a channel set band. I''m also finding myself a bit mesmerized by the light pink sapphire bands as well
emsmilep.gif

Any comments or tips for me? Thanks PSers!

smallwhitesappband.jpg

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
To me, sapphires just do not look like diamonds, they do not sparkle. I had a white sapphire ring, it was pretty dead. Every diamond, no matter what quality has always sparkled in the sun.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I think a colored sapphire band (like the pink you mentioned) is a great idea. Colorless sapphire does not have the dispersion of diamond, and looks very different. Colorless sapphire may also show doubling in which the facet junctions may look blurred with such small stones.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''ve gotten some good advice so I will not repeat
35.gif
I just wanted to say that if it were me, I would rather get a half-eternity or less band with diamonds than a full eternity of white sapphires, for the reasons mentioned above. Just a matter of personal preference.

If you want, you can post your budget and your likes/dislikes and people will be happy to help point you in a few good directions
1.gif

freudianflip

Rough_Rock

thanks all for the information! I''ve narrowed it down to the following:

1. a light pink sapphire 3/4 eternity band with princess cut stones, white gold channel setting, 3 mm, from the Natural Sapphire Co (about $800)
OR
2. a diamond half or 3/4 eternity with smaller stones, princess cut, white gold channel setting, about 2mm, from a locally owned jeweler. The diamonds are good quality, (don''t have the specs with me at the moment, but I shopped around and this was one of the better options for the profile. (about $1200)

This iis to be my engagement ring, which I will pair with a plain band once we are married. Our budget is modest, max $1500, but I want this ring to be substantial enough to stand alone.

sooooooo.... please show me your channel set pink sapphire and/or diamond eternity bands! Thank you!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Either sounds like a great option! I was just going to suggest that you try on multiple rings to see if the thickness of the band matters to you. 2mm alone is pretty thin, but with another 2mm band can look pretty substantial! I know two 3mm bands together may be too much for myself, but on others with longer fingers, it looks gorgeous. Best of luck with your search!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to point out this delicious combo of pink sapphire and pink gold, not that spendy either link I love the look of two bands, but would have trouble pulling off 6mms+ and I have super long fingers. Echoing the "do try this out first" sentiment if you have not done so already.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results